• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tVBA15y.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office
WASHINGTON — Cementing her role as a powerful White House influence, Ivanka Trump is working out of a West Wing office and will get access to classified information, though she is not technically serving as a government employee, according to an attorney for the first daughter.

Since President Donald Trump took office, his eldest daughter has been a visible presence in the White House, where her husband, Jared Kushner, already serves as a senior adviser. On Friday, she participated in a meeting on vocational training with the president and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney and ethics adviser for Ivanka Trump, said Monday that the first daughter will not have an official title, but will get a West Wing office, government-issued communications devices and security clearance to access classified information. Gorelick said Ivanka Trump would follow the ethics rules that apply to government employees.
A person with knowledge of Ivanka Trump's thinking, who requested anonymity to discuss private conversations, said she believes she can offer more independent perspective to her father by not serving as a White House staffer.
Get the hell out of here with this bullshit.

Blader

On mobile but I just saw on Twitter Bennet doesn't want to filibuster Gorsuch because "two wrongs don't make a right." I remember Carper saying similar statements, are there any other Democrats who think we shouldn't filibuster?

Bennet is in a uniquely difficult situation re: Gorsuch.

I go back and forth on whether Dems should filibuster and force McConnell to nuke it or whether to let this one go and save that capital for a conservative replacement for Kennedy/Ginsburg/Breyer. But right now I'm leaning towards filibuster and force a rules change from McConnell, because really, what good is the filibuster if you're not going to use it? If you're too afraid of a rules change to invoke it, then it may as well not even be there. And as much as it would fuck us if the GOP began ushering in one uber conservative justice after another with a simple majority vote, those tables will turn -- in 2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years, however long it takes -- someday, there will be another Democratic president and a Democratic Senate majority with a SCOTUS appointment or two on their hands, and at that point you can just bring in all the liberal firebrands you want.

Wilsongt

Certainly we shouldn’t have left. We should never ever have left,” Trump told Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi at the White House. “And a vacuum was created, and we discussed what happened.”

"obama left, so we should have stayed"

Bennet is in a uniquely difficult situation re: Gorsuch.

I go back and forth on whether Dems should filibuster and force McConnell to nuke it or whether to let this one go and save that capital for a conservative replacement for Kennedy/Ginsburg/Breyer. But right now I'm leaning towards filibuster and force a rules change from McConnell, because really, what good is the filibuster if you're not going to use it? If you're too afraid of a rules change to invoke it, then it may as well not even be there. And as much as it would fuck us if the GOP began ushering in one uber conservative justice after another with a simple majority vote, those tables will turn -- in 2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years, however long it takes -- someday, there will be another Democratic president and a Democratic Senate majority with a SCOTUS appointment or two on their hands, and at that point you can just bring in all the liberal firebrands you want.
Bennet just got uncontroversially reelected and managed to win in the Tea Party wave, he shouldn't be worried about reelection. If he's just going to do the Republican's job for them, he should probably switch parties.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Any chance Ivanka can get denied access to classified info? Cause... she has clear connections to people under federal investigation for treason?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Thing 1
In Louisville tonight, Pres. Trump says he can't wait to finish health care and get to trade. "Oh, I'm looking fwd to these trade deals."
Thing 2
Mark Meadows said it's clear negotiations are OVER on ObamaCare repeal and it won't have the votes to pass Thursday.

So, no major legislation will be passed in this session.

Blader

Bennet just got uncontroversially reelected and managed to win in the Tea Party wave, he shouldn't be worried about reelection. If he's just going to do the Republican's job for them, he should probably switch parties.

You kind of undercut your opposition to a SCOTUS choice when you introduce said SCOTUS choice at his confirmation hearing.

Thing 1

Thing 2

So, no major legislation will be passed in this session.

But...
Jessie Hellmann‏ @jessiehellmann 1h1 hour ago
Also says HFC won't take position against it

So HFC won't oppose it, but the bill doesn't have the votes to pass? huh?

Did trump just say that illegal immagration is down 61% since inaguartation?

If that's true.. we dont need the wall

Yes he did. How exactly is it that they are exactly quantifying the decrease in illegal immigration? Seems like that would be awfully tough to do accurately especially from one month to the next.

pigeon

Banned
I'm seeing tweets that suggest this bill will actually pass the House. Still not sounding good in the Senate, though. Maybe they'll pass something else and go to conference.

Kind of a shame, because Tomi Lahren was actually in the right with her statement. It's hard to justify being "small government" and then want them legislating who you can love and what people can do to their bodies. I imagine a lot of her target demographic--Conservative Millenials, largely male--probably agree with her. This is going to hurt Conservatism going forward, and I'm completely okay with that...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm seeing tweets that suggest this bill will actually pass the House. Still not sounding good in the Senate, though. Maybe they'll pass something else and go to conference.

Amash is 100% positive it isn't passing the House as is.

I still fully expect House Rs to fall in line and pass the bill, especially after Trump visits the Hill tomorrow.
Yeah, I won't get too excited until it actually fails in the floor vote, or Ryan withdraws the bill or something. Can't trust the Republicans as far as you can throw them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Steve Kopack
Steve Kopack‏ @SteveKopack

Reuters reporting exclusively: Rex Tillerson is going to skip the NATO meeting on April 5 and 6 and will visit Russia in late April

I cannot believe how aloof and/or defiant this administration is.

UberTag

I cannot believe how aloof and/or defiant this administration is.
They're going to carry out their objectives to weaken both the country and its government institutions until someone stops them by force. Or the voters throw down the gauntlet.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Ryan has huge balls to keep the scheduled vote Thursday after the negative reaction and changes made not fixing the main problems with the bill. I continue to be baffled by the position he's putting his party in. Is polarization really so strong that after getting fucked over people will still vote Republican in 2018 and 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom