• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Fall Update

Preliminary: IQ seems slightly softer on Pro, might very well be placebo though but I don't feel like it is.

No performance improvements I can see. Performance in Argonne Forest was actually the worst I've seen on Pro so far. Not sure if it was that specific game or a post patch thing.

Performance in general on conquest felt worse this morning than when I played last night

Schlorgan

They must have a massive team.

DICE is pretty big. Now that Mirror's Edge is out of the way and Battlefront 2 is mostly being done by Massive, they're probably splitting their time between supporting BF1 and whatever the next BF is.

DJIzana

Hoping they give the Nvidia Driver crash issue that's been going around (at least I know two other video card models, besides the 680, still experienced that, prior to the update).

Alright, performance wise on Pro:

Rush on Argonne Forest is noticeably worse. I get framerate drops way more often.

IQ wise, I'm still trying to see. It does feel a bit softer to me and I think it's to due with differing AA coverage (some stuff like character select seems cleaner) while other stuff looks softer. I wish I had screenshotted the previous patch.

Fbh

Lots of good changes.

Happy about the attackers getting a boost in operations. Have yet to play the operation that starts in the Alps and see the attackers win.

DJIzana

Is the game patching the friend and invite system? Because the current system they launched with ruins the game.

If you mean by putting people into 'reserve slot' instead of loading into the game or stating in queue, then yes. Hopefully regarding other errors or inconsistencies too (or just not grouping friends properly as I encountered that myself yesterday as well).

So it looks even better rather than worse?
Maybe a very slight increase in minor fps drops on 64p Conquest but yeah overall it looks better to me.

That said, I haven't put in a ton of BF1 time on Pro pre-patch so don't take my word as fact.

Nowise10

If you mean by putting people into 'reserve slot' instead of loading into the game or stating in queue, then yes. Hopefully regarding other errors or inconsistencies too (or just not grouping friends properly as I encountered that myself yesterday as well).

Well on Xbox One, if you are in a "group" together and someone in the group starts a match by themselves, you will constantly get pop-ups in your game asking if you want to join them. And if you click A accidently, you will join them. Battlefield 4 launched with the same system which they later removed, so I don't understand why it returned in Battlefield 1. It is so extremely annoying to have pop ups stop your game. On the main menu it might be understandable.

When I was playing with friends we also had issues where we would group up together in the mainmenu, then get separated when we joined the match, as in we got put into different games, but most of the times on different teams.

Sky87

I see both Operations and ''Grand Operations''. What is the latter? I've only seen mentions of the first when ingame. New gamemode?

EDIT: Nvm, 40 and 64players are named differently.

Xyber

Patch notes mention improved CPU performance, instead it seems to have gotten way worse. =/ In my usual testing spot on Empire's Edge I was now down at 75FPS in the exact same spot, same amount of players and with the exact same weather where I got 90+ before.

Gonna give DX12 a go again later and see if there are any improvements there.

Xyber

Couldn't find anything about it in the patch notes, but something seems to have changed with the canister shot in heavy tanks (and perhaps the others too). The aim reticle is a lot bigger now than before, so perhaps they finally got to nerfing the range on it?

Alright, performance wise on Pro:

Rush on Argonne Forest is noticeably worse. I get framerate drops way more often.

IQ wise, I'm still trying to see. It does feel a bit softer to me and I think it's to due with differing AA coverage (some stuff like character select seems cleaner) while other stuff looks softer. I wish I had screenshotted the previous patch.

I just checked it out on my pro and i agree.
Framerate has more little hiccups than before.
I also see some strange aliasing now, like on the windows in the Amiens Map, which wasn't there before, on the pro. Especially noticeable when moving the camera.

Just finished an Operations match on pro. Not seeing any noticeable visual differences or frame rate tanking. Happy about the Operation changes. Actually won as an attacker for once lol.

Boss Mog

I kinda hate battlefield updates now. I loved BF4 when it launched, but patch after patch just kept making the game worse and worse, mainly nerfing shit that didn't need to be nerfed because of whiners who will bitch about anything if they don't win. The last straw was when they took the ladders out of TDM. I uninstalled it and haven't played it since. I've clocked over 600 hours on BF4 too.

Honestly in 75% of the Operations games that I played the attacking team won so I don't get why they're trying to boost the attackers. And giving more tickets just makes things last longer for the defenders and the mode is already super long.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Boss★Moogle;224571114 said:
Honestly in 75% of the Operations games that I played the attacking team won so I don't get why they're trying to boost the attackers. And giving more tickets just makes things last longer for the defenders and the mode is already super long.

I don't think i have ever seen the Attackers win...like ever. Some games get close, like up to the final map and a checkpoint or two away, but they feel rare. Most games I have experienced, the Attackers lose 2 or all of their Behemoth's in the first map, leading to a final push through the entirety of map 2 with whatever tickets remain. It almost never works out.

I do think it should be a difficult road for the attackers, but it has felt entirely lopsided in my many hours of play and a bit of a boost would tip the scales, hopefully this doesn't go too far.

I kinda hate battlefield updates now. I loved BF4 when it launched, but patch after patch just kept making the game worse and worse, mainly nerfing shit that didn't need to be nerfed because of whiners who will bitch about anything if they don't win. The last straw was when they took the ladders out of TDM. I uninstalled it and haven't played it since. I've clocked over 600 hours on BF4 too.

What? BF4 is amazing because of the updates it received, not in spite of. BF1 should be on track for the same treatment.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

The pre-patch UCAV in BF4 was amazingly and hilariously broken.

Operations buffing attackers..... honestly i dont get that either. I lost a lot more than i won being on defense in that mode. Now theyre making attackers even stronger?? No way im ever going back into that mode now.

As for the gun balance in 4, they did a great job on that. The updates for the most-part have been much more good than bad.

The most idiotic thing they did was adding customization. Just for soldiers. Not for vehicles. The one option everyone was waiting for the most.

giphy.gif

I'm confused... There is customization for vehicles. Skins, vehicle kit and pilot/driver load outs. They are more limited, but it's still there.

By you can purchase battle packs from the battle pack tab do they mean with real money now? This is something I am very very against. Doing a season pass with map packs that fragment your user base and milking the community through microtransaction loot boxes is pretty fucking shitty.

For the love of God at least fix your battle pack RNG calculator to account for variables and give greater chances, or give high performing people scraps... Something EA. I enjoy the game but that would put me over the edge.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Love the Operations changes.

Any halfway competent team on defense will almost always win an Operations campaign. I'm talking strictly 64 players here as I don't play 40-player, but I've almost never won as an Attacker.

Orcus

Did they patch the revive bug where you can't shoot? How about the bug where you spawn with no weapon or vehicle.

Matty8787

Jesus the patch and/or nvidia drivers have killed my game!

I was easily outputting 90+ fps now I can't get 12!

I have a gtx 1080 and a 5820k @ 4.4ghz.

Help?

Edit: Turns out it is something else, all games are crawling! whats happened?

Top Bottom