• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 seems to have begun development immediately after 6?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I hope to dear god they revert back to the classic Resident Evil formula. RE4 was amazing, but Capcom took all the wrong lessons from it and strung the series along its trend-chasing action route.

I just finished Resident Evil 6 and let me tell you, if I have to endure another longwinded, painful, unfun mess of a game like that again I'm going to be fuming. Just one mention of "chasing the Call of Duty crowd" from any Capcom exec and I'm bloody well done with the series.

Neff

Capcom never really stops making RE, since it's their biggest franchise. If you consider that they made a huge bulk of RE6 in secrecy, and that RE6 is now almost a year old, it's very likely that they've taken big strides toward the next installment.

If costume design merely refers to the game's motion capture costumes in this case, then an outside source is quite plausible.

In-game though, write it off as an error or a lie.

edit: I'm the first guy in this thread who liked RE6 smh

E92 M3

I better not see ANYTHING from RE6 in RE7, Capcom.

While I agree with, most likely Capcom will be stubborn and ask Michael Bay for advice.

Ugh, I already see them going in this direction. Some type of corporate- produced diseased half robot/ half human enemy.

Head Office at Capcome: "Hello, Mr. President, I think we should have cyborg ninjas in RE7 - Metal Gear Rising was very popular."

ClearData

It doesn't sound like a game that's going to be take in all the criticism of Resident Evil 6 in. That's an incredibly fast turnaround if true.

I expect call of evil, you play HUNK and his team mowing down waves of endless zombies in a scripted linear near corridor shooter. 90% of the effort will be in the multiplayer which will have a zombie mode.

Neff

Capcom has already said that they're going back to the source material with 7, since, while RE6 sold well, it wasn't as well-regarded as the older titles, to the point of being outright misunderstood.

RE6 wasn't terrible, it just wasn't what people wanted.

They'll bring back survival.
Buy three green herbs for 0,99 $ on psn to survive the first out of ten fights against Wesker.
One fight at the end of each chapter. New mutations every time. Fun guaranteed.

I think we all know how this is gonna go: Capcom says they've learned their lesson from the previous game, promises to go 'back to the roots of the series', show a promising trailer that sways the fanbase, release gameplay footage of lots of shootbang, promises 'multiple ways to play for every fan of the series', game comes out, its shit, it gets ravaged by fans who wish death on Capcom, fans say they will never buy another resi game again, repeat process until eventual series reboot.

ron_bato

Hopefully a return to form, I played RE5 and enjoyed it but really hated 6 and didn't finish it.

How far did you get? I finished Jake's campaign by sheer force of will, then I started up Chris' campaign and played for an hour, and knew I couldn't take any more of that crap so I moved on to Leon's campaign before I just completely lost interest.

I'm getting the Wii Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 4 for Wii, Revelations for PC, but beyond that I'm just not sure anymore on this series. The PSone classics are a bit dated and the modern ones like Code Veronica/5/6 are not as good as those two Wii entries.

Chinner

Banned
the series is absolute shit now, rather spend my money elsewhere for a much superior experience. still, hoping capcom turns it around.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the series is absolute shit now, rather spend my money elsewhere for a much superior experience. still, hoping capcom turns it around.
Speaking of money... I spent $2100 on this shit. Still less than cvxfreak, but god damn that's a lot of money that could've gone to charity... or anything at all, actually :_:

Trick_GSF

Banned
No more co-op. Stick that garbage in Mercs and let the single player be single again. Fuck waiting for shitty AI to turn a crack or whatever.

RE6 was so fucking bad, that I've lost all goodwill for the series. I couldn't give a shit if RE7 launches tomorrow or when hell freezes over.

AHA-Lambda

oh god...

post-21553-Alec-Baldwin-pouring-infinite-VEfm.gif

If lessons have been learnt, then it won't be the absolute clusterfuck Resi 6 turned out to be. Tone down the co-op (considerably!), cut out the flab and make a more concise campaign, and bring back the survival-horror. There you go Capcom, it's not that difficult.

Alienous

Take the action down a notch.

Panta Rhei.

This could be something great.

Now with FOUR PLAYER CO-OP!

Seriously Capcom. Please do it right this time... RE6 was terrible.

I know you're being sarcastic, but 4 players having to rely on each other in a true survival horror game would be awesome. Characters have to split up, find each other (no HUD telling you where they are) , complete their own objectives while trying to survive as a group.

It just needs to be executed well.

Diablos54

As long as they ignore the terrible RE5/6, then I'll be happy.

But we all know they won't so... Don't really care! And to think, RE's future was looking so bright after RE4 re-energized the series.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I think we all know how this is gonna go: Capcom says they've learned their lesson from the previous game, promises to go 'back to the roots of the series', show a promising trailer that sways the fanbase, release gameplay footage of lots of shootbang, promises 'multiple ways to play for every fan of the series', game comes out, its shit, it gets ravaged by fans who wish death on Capcom, fans say they will never buy another resi game again, repeat process until eventual series reboot.

So Resident Evil has succumbed to the Sonic cycle. Sad world we live in.

Take the action down a notch.

Panta Rhei.

This could be something great.

I know you're being sarcastic, but 4 players having to rely on each other in a true survival horror game would be awesome. Characters have to split up, find each other (no HUD telling you where they are) , complete their own objectives while trying to survive as a group.

It just needs to be executed well.

It could actually be amazing when there's like a really limited amount of bullets and you bicker about sharing it equally. And murder team mates for items when shit is really hitting the fan: Sure, we'll manage just fine without Billy. Three's a crowd anyway. And he has a lot of shotgun shells but really poor aiming". Now that's survival horror.

Kuraudo

Banned
Yeah, this series went from being my all time favourite to something I don't care about in the space of about a year. Resi 6 is responsible for a large part of that, but Revelations and Damnation share a lot of the blame. Nobody at Capcom seems to have a clear vision of what this series should be. Not got a whole lot of hope to see the series redeemed.

Fake edit: forgot about Operation Raccoon City. What a clusterfuck that was.

mrback

I'd really like them to start again with Resi, the thought of going back to the original mansion but with fresh puzzles & enemies would be great. The tagline could be 'you hoped you'd never go back' something like that?

I hope it returns to it's survival horror roots and also, please do not outsource it Capcom. I actually liked RE6 despite all of it's flaws and I think it played the best out of all the RE games. I even got a platinum in it. It did feel more like an action game with an identity crisis instead of a survival horror game though.

Hurley

The only thing I really liked in 6 was the mercenaries mode. I thought the new changes to the gameplay really made that mode fun imo.

Top Bottom