• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New content included in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS), DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

186325e.jpg

3DS_Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns_3D_01_mediaplayer_large.png
3DS_Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns_3D_02_mediaplayer_large.png

3DS_Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns_3D_03_mediaplayer_large.png
3DS_Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns_3D_05_mediaplayer_large.png

3DS_Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns_3D_04.bmp

Go ape with the swingin’ king of the jungle! Donkey Kong and his simian sidekick Diddy Kong are back for more action-packed platforming antics in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, an enhanced version of Wii adventure Donkey Kong Country Returns, only on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL!

Jump, race and roll your way across Donkey Kong Island on a quest to rescue DK’s beloved banana hoard from the trouble-causing Tiki Tak Tribe. Stomp on enemies, grab banana bunches and ride rockets, rhinos and much more in classic 2D platforming gameplay, stuffed full of spectacular scenes and tricky traps. Use both characters’ special skills to overcome all kinds of obstacles and explore each stage to the full – hop Diddy onto DK’s shoulders and use his Barrel Jet to hover them both over large gaps, or roll to your heart’s content and trample everything in your path.

Keep ‘em peeled for collectibles as you tear through the jungle, across beaches and beyond. Grab the letters that spell out K-O-N-G and nab puzzle pieces hidden in each stage to unlock extra content, like super-tough Trophy levels. Unlock and conquer every one of these special stages and a brand new surprise awaits!

Take on the whole game together as the terrific twosome, DK and Diddy, by teaming up with a friend in Local Play. Pelt opponents with Diddy’s Peanut Popgun and hover using his Barrel Jet, or slam bad guys into submission with Donkey Kong’s Ground Pound. The big guy can even do a Barrel Roll!

You can play the adventure exactly as you remember it in Original mode, but if the chimpy challenge gets the better of you, help is at hand. New mode makes the going just a little easier, giving Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong three hearts each instead of the usual two, letting them Kong-a for longer! Spend your hard-earned Banana Coins on helpful items from Cranky Kong’s shop, and pick up new items that help save you from falls, allow the Mine Cart and Rocket Barrel to take a second hit, and even let you use a DK Barrel whenever you like.

- Join Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and the rest of the gang in a classic 2D platformer, now playable on-the-go!
- Discover brand new content created just for Nintendo 3DS
- Play the whole adventure with a nearby pal in Local Play!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns-3D-746102.html

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Too bad the cover doesnt have fog on it. Not playing

Actually I still haven't even played my Wii version.

New mode makes the going just a little easier, giving Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong three hearts each instead of the usual two, letting them Kong-a for longer! Spend your hard-earned Banana Coins on helpful items from Cranky Kong’s shop, and pick up new items that help save you from falls, allow the Mine Cart and Rocket Barrel to take a second hit, and even let you use a DK Barrel whenever you like.

They forgot to include a clock item that makes the time flow slower so everyone can get shiny gold medals.

Keep ‘em peeled for collectibles as you tear through the jungle, across beaches and beyond. Grab the letters that spell out K-O-N-G and nab puzzle pieces hidden in each stage to unlock extra content, like super-tough Trophy levels. Unlock and conquer every one of these special stages and a brand new surprise awaits!

They're probably talking about the Golden Temple, so I wouldn't remark that part as something new to this version.

It's a shame that this Wii masterpiece is going to be prostituted like this when they could have done a brand new Donkey Kong Land Returns. We'll see what's with that new content created just for Nintendo 3DS, but I wouldn't expect much more than that newbie mode.

The new content will likely just be a few features, rather than new levels, but I don't mind. I'd buy this even if it were a carbon copy of the Wii version. The lack of waggle alone makes this better.

Platy

At first I was like "fuck ! This means I now have the worst version"

and Then I was like " ok .. so I might double dip"

but then I was like "...I already had plants to double dip anyway xD"

please please please water levels

there won't be water levels. :(

Regardless I'm getting this game day one.

Never expected to read that in a GAF thread xD

Mudkips

Banned
Play the whole adventure with a nearby pal in Local Play!

Dear Nintendo,

I have no friends. Please stop limiting multiplayer modes to local play. The internet is a thing.

-Mudkips

zroid

Banned
No, I will not buy this. I can't freaking afford to be double dipping on games this year. To hell with your new content and your non-waggle controls.

This game was such a nice surprise on the Wii. A nostalga overload too.

Don't think I'll buy this again because I am not a huge fan of the 3D, and, well; I've played it already in a higher quality resolution than the 3DS can offer. Give me a Wii U sequel and I'll take that though (provided they can match or exceed the brilliance of the Wii game).

Dear Nintendo,

I have no friends. Please stop limiting multiplayer modes to local play. The internet is a thing.

-Mudkips

Dear Nintendo

I have brothers who own 3DS's but not multiple copies of the game. Please start utilizing download play. Download play is a thing. (And why Luigi's Mansion 2 multiplayer is awesome)

Also I doubt there'll be any new content per say, just sounds like an Easy Mode.

As for the fact it's a port... don't care, didn't play it in 2010 :D

Definitely double-dipping. Having one of the best platformers I've played in recent memory on the go is too enticing for me not to.

So essentially it's only an easier version?

From the title of the thread I was expecting a little more than a few new items, anyway I'm looking forward to it since I skipped it on Wii.

Madao

they did the same thing as with the Metroid Prime Trilogy and added an easy mode.

are people that horrible at these games? the rocket levels were one thing but the rest wasn't bad. i guess collecting 100% was the hard part but that souldn't be easy.

Oersted

Nice to hear.

Dear Nintendo,

-Mudkips

Bwahaha. I feel somehow sorry for you and say you should play Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, soon Animal Crossing and Pokemon, Mario Tennis Open... that is only Nintendo on 3DS.

Tuck

Bought it on Wii, played a few worlds. It was fun, but I prefer sidescrollers on handhelds. I'll rebuy when I can get this for maybe $20. Or I suppose I could sell my Wii version and buy this one.

Foffy

Banned
Depends on what this extra stuff is. I thought the extra stuff they put in the SNES-to-GBA ports were mostly awkward additions, especially with the DKC games.

Revven

are people that horrible at these games? the rocket levels were one thing but the rest wasn't bad. i guess collecting 100% was the hard part but that souldn't be easy.

Rocket levels were something I absolutely loathed. I'm glad that this version makes those easier to go through again because I do not want to repeat the same frustration/annoyance I had with them.

serplux

I had no idea this was a port. Ugh.

Wait a minute, if you had no idea it was a port, then you clearly haven't played the original, so this should be a new game for you. I don't see the problem. :p

Are the original designers involved? If not, I don't see new levels turning out as well. If that is what they add.

Retro's off doing their fancy Wii U project. Monster Games is known for their racing games, but they're a fairly competent developer, so I'd trust them. I'm unsure if they're making new levels though.

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong three hearts each instead of the usual two, letting them Kong-a for longer!
From what I remember that isn't even neccesary, a lot of the frustrating/difficult sections was the one hit kill rocket sections.

Somnid

New content is probably a boss rush mode or something. Might do a digital copy of this. I'd gladly play it again.

Top Bottom