• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

demolitio

So tomorrow sounds like the day where we get to see all the goodies we heard about tonight since streams weren't allowed for the presentation. I'm hoping someone's stream goes up tonight while playing on a demo station.

Nelo Ice said:
kdr displayed on the score screen now o man :lol

For all the great decisions - this is a terrible one.

I wish COD would try to encourage teamwork rather than every person for themselves + camp in corners to get killstreaks!

Nelo Ice said:
kdr displayed on the score screen now o man :lol

Wasn't it always the next screen anyway? Or is this life time kdr. confused.

EDIT - thanks for pic, kdr for that game, thats fine with me.

DRE Fei

All of the guns I've seen in the game so far look like they kill really quickly with almost no recoil anyway, so the removal of stopping power doesn't look like a big deal to me. Maybe juggernaut makes a huge difference or something, but we haven't seen that yet.

Cold-Steel said:
For all the great decisions - this is a terrible one.

I wish COD would try to encourage teamwork rather than every person for themselves + camp in corners to get killstreaks!

This. they're better off focusing more on free for all modes since people don't work as a team anyway :/

Loxley

Looks like the PC version will be using VAC instead of PunkBuster (which every other CoD outside of MW2 used) which makes sense since it's a "Steam exclusive". Great :) Whatever the hell anti-hack system MW2 uses is goddamn terrible.

kuYuri

DRE Fei said:
All of the guns I've seen in the game so far look like they kill really quickly with almost no recoil anyway, so the removal of stopping power doesn't look like a big deal to me. Maybe juggernaut makes a huge difference or something, but we haven't seen that yet.

Juggernaut isn't in the game according to some impressions.

Loxley said:
Looks like the PC version will be using VAC instead of PunkBuster (which every other CoD outside of MW2 used) which makes sense since it's a "Steam exclusive". Great :) Whatever the hell anti-hack system MW2 uses is goddamn terrible.

Isn't it VAC for MW2 also? :lol

ZeroRay

Fuck me, Black Ops looks to be pretty good. The amount of features both post COD4 Treyarch games have had is something else.

Now if the game is more balanced than MW2, then they'd have officially have surpassed what's left of IW in my eyes.

Full Recovery said:
It's only the KDR of the match, NOT overall.

Now you're doing the math for them, smh Treyarch. Don't make the COD crowd any stupider by doing their work for them. :lol

Deware80

Banned
My goodness looks like ALOT of crow will be eaten by Treyarch haters between now in Nov:lol , they are going all out, cant wait to see their improved co-op modes:D

Niblet

Wow I totally swore off the franchise after borrowing MW2 from a friend, but damn this is looking mighty interesting with them new wager matches and tweaks.

kuYuri

I've been asking for it since before MW2 came out, but Treyarch finally added customizable looks to the character. I was hoping it would be at the same level as Rainbow Six: Vegas though.

kuYuri

For new page:

Pro Perks exist. No Stopping power.

Secondaries are pistols, crossbow, and launchers.

Shotguns have a range that feels right in my opinion. Killstreaks do not count toward others ones.

Equiptment - Camera Spike. C4. TI. Jammer. Motion sensor. Claymore.

Tier One Perks - Lightweight. Scavenger. Ghost. Flak Jacket. Hardline.

Tier Two Perks - Hardened. Scout. Steady Aim. Sleight of Hand. Warlord.
Tier Three - Marathon. Ninja. Second Chance. Hacker. Tactical Mask.
Lethal Grenades - Tomahawk. Frag. Semtex.

Tactical Grenades - Willy Pete. Nova Gas. Flash Bang. Concussion. Decoy. Willy Pete is smoke.

Launchers - M72. RPG. Strela. China Lake.

Stantron

http://www.gamepodcentral.blogspot.com/ said:
More updates:

- Sleight of Hand and Steady Aim back in
- Tier 1 Perk choices appear on your character; flak jacket, scavenger, etc.
- Minigun!!! xD
- When you sprint and go prone, you dive!
- There will be 50 ranks to prestige
- Capture the Flag confirmed
- Killstreaks only come from kills you get yourself, and don't count kills from other killstreaks
- Some map names: Fuel, Summit, Cracked, and Radiation
- Spectator Mode
- No Juggernaut, stopping power, or bling
- Update* Bling is now called Overlord and is a tier 2 perk
wat! >_<

launchers in secondary (I wish they would just remove the damn things to be honest) and shotguns are my two main concerns I have left. I think that's awesome kill streaks don't add on but that also means I won't see the top ones hardly ever. :lol

Wooooooowww that is actually a lot of good news. The Explosive Crossbows still have me worried, but I guess there were so many because it was a Wager Mode trailer.

I'm willing to give this franchise ONE MORE SHOT because it really looks like Treyarch is trying to balance this stuff out. Hopefully it plays well in the standard modes.

kuYuri

No Danger Close/Fireworks/Sonic Boom equivalent. No OMA. No Commando. No Stopping Power. No Juggernaut. No Deathstreaks. Scavenger is still around. Second Chance (Last Stand of WaW) is back.

Does that convince people yet?

Strider2K99 said:
No Danger Close/Fireworks/Sonic Boom equivalent. No OMA. No Commando. No Stopping Power. No Juggernaut. No Deathstreaks. Scavenger is still around.

Does that convince people yet?

Oh boy, thank god.

Top Bottom