• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Dark Souls 3 : The Ringed City first boss footage

Maxinas

Falling from a ridiculous height, no damage. Falling from 15 feet off a ledge, half your health bar lost. Ok.

Edit:
Do you think it be smarter to kill the demon first to avoid its transformation after killing the bat? Seems like an interesting boss.

Copper

Falling from a ridiculous height, no damage. Falling from 15 feet off a ledge, half your health bar lost. Ok.

Edit:
Do you think it be smarter to kill the demon first to avoid its transformation after killing the bat? Seems like an interesting boss.

it might be something similar to O&S where depending on who you kill first the transformation will be different

_Aaron_

Edit:

They both transform after one is killed. But they have different movesets. The bat has a long range laser instead of the orb attack.

MegaMelon

This leaked a month before its release?!

Nah they held a preview event a few weeks ago and invited the press/streamers to play the opening bit of the dlc.

This is just a recording of what they played that someone mistakenly took due to not knowing about the no recording policy.

Of course, once it had been uploaded it was too late since you can't delete anything from the internet. We've had this for a while it's just that recently someone uploaded it to youtube rather than the other more obscure website it's currently on.

Zolbrod

That was my first reaction as well.
I hate when games are inconsistent with their mechanics like that.

I can live with it if it happens in a cutscene, but if you actually have to do it in real-time, it feels counter-intuitive.

I just bought dark souls 3 yesterday, my first dark souls game (enjoying it immensely). I probably shouldn't be watching this footage. Is the other/first DLC worth buying? Seems to have mediocre reviews on steam with people complaining about it being too short.

MegaMelon

I can live with it if it happens in a cutscene, but if you actually have to do it in real-time, it feels counter-intuitive.

In the dlcs defence, the specific areas that you traverse in it are special and have no falling damage.

Aside from this dlc, I can only think of the greatwood pit that breaks this rule.

Copper

I just bought dark souls 3 yesterday, my first dark souls game (enjoying it immensely). I probably shouldn't be watching this footage. Is the other/first DLC worth buying? Seems to have mediocre reviews on steam with people complaining about it being too short.

it's short, but it adds new weapons and spells as well as new PvP modes. I would say get both!

AmyS

It's gonna be great getting into this DLC, and perfect timing, for after Zelda BotW.

I hope North America gets that DS3 Game of the Year Edition "The Fire Fades Edition" on PS4.

Mifec

This is a direct sequel to DLC1 lore-wise. If you care about that.

convo

Edit:

Well spoilers for this dlc but
there is no fall damage in this DLC area. Really spacey wacey this place. One way to change things up i guess, don't think bottomless pits count.

Rizific

How's the first dlc? I bought it, but apparently ds3 doesn't do cloud saves on steam and I built a new rig and didn't back up my game save. So I need to playthrough it again to get to the dlc.

Freeman76

Is there any word of a pro version of the game to coincide with this DLC? Might jump back in if it's the case.

Any other company I would think there is a chance, these guys though...can't even be arsed to add trophies to their DLC lol.

That footage is crazy, about time souls did bats.

convo

How's the first dlc? I bought it, but apparently ds3 doesn't do cloud saves on steam and I built a new rig and didn't back up my game save. So I need to playthrough it again to get to the dlc.

It's not especially long, got some critique for that but i like where the quest is going. Oh yeah and if you want the pvp arena you wanna beat part of it. This one looks to be longer and bigger in scale and the quest set up in the first dlc continues in this one and will get concluded.

rhandino

Banned
The damage dealt with that Sunlight Spear... God, FromSoft really hate magic users.

And while the boss is impressive do we really needed ANOTHER
dual boss
? I liked them to some extent until they started to be everywhere.

Oh well, I am sure I am going to get some enjoyment out of this anyway.

rec0ded1

Ok,was going to get DS3 and dlc but FUCK this noise too much anxiety lol. I'll finish out bloodborne and maybe play BB2 that's it for me. Throwing the damn towel.

convo

There is a whole lot of area before this boss that Vaati talked about and the previous gameplay trailer showed. I find it funny that From is still racking their brain about where to put the entrance to this dlc for people that didn't have the first dlc.

Cartho

If they both transform is there an argument for being a TOTAL BEAST and bringing them both down evenly? So bring them both down really low then kill one. That way when the other transforms you only have to deal with a very small percentage of his HP? That's what we used to do in various World of Warcraft raid bosses who had similar mechanics to this. I mean it would be harder as you'd be spending longer with both bosses alive, but that dual phase didn't look too bad apart from the odd time when rng meant they ended up right next to each other. If you can keep them split up it might be doable.

I wonder whether the other one regens HP though when his buddy dies to stop you doing just that tactic. Again, WoW bosses sometimes did that too!

Mifec

If they both transform is there an argument for being a TOTAL BEAST and bringing them both down evenly? So bring them both down really low then kill one. That way when the other transforms you only have to deal with a very small percentage of his HP? That's what we used to do in various World of Warcraft raid bosses who had similar mechanics to this. I mean it would be harder as you'd be spending longer with both bosses alive, but that dual phase didn't look too bad apart from the odd time when rng meant they ended up right next to each other. If you can keep them split up it might be doable.

I wonder whether the other one regens HP though when his buddy dies to stop you doing just that tactic. Again, WoW bosses sometimes did that too!

They heal to full when they turn into the Demon Prince from what I remember.

After playing so much nioh this just looks slow, messy and clunky. But boss design is still top notch by from software. If only nioh combat team can collab with dark souls design team.

What's "bad" about it?

More than one boss at the same time when they are both really huge and always jumping around. That last form when there's fire raining everywhere from those lava "orbs" while the boss is chasing you.

It's not bad, I just don't enjoy fighting bosses like this when there's so much shit going on.

bigol

More than one boss at the same time when they are both really huge and always jumping around. That last form when there's fire raining everywhere from those lava "orbs" while the boss is chasing you.

It's not bad, I just don't enjoy fighting bosses like this when there's so much shit going on.

Actually
the last phase changes according to the enemy you kill first in phase 2. Think it like Ornstein & Smough. There is another variation to the final phase and the other one is easier.

Vaati explained this.He played the dlc preview until this boss.

mirror?

"Dark Souls 3 The Ringe..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.,.

Ruff

I was calling bullshit when I fell 50 miles into the pit of the rotting greatwood and took nary a scratch.

Edit:

vaati already talked about how the boss works in his second latest video

to answer your question
the difference seems to be pretty small with one attack changing depending on who you killed

bigol

Based on that footage

sUyRxIX.png

cZ3PfTr.jpg
Found this on reddit

Top Bottom