• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Rixa

Is everyone getting Prince as first epic from tutorial? Made an account and trying to get level 3 and then to join GAF (if there is room) :).

Ferny

Is everyone getting Prince as first epic from tutorial? Made an account and trying to get level 3 and then to join GAF (if there is room) :).
Should still be room. We got about 14 slots left.

I got the skeleton horde my first epic.

PepperedHam

I wish I got Prince. My first was Skeleton Army, which admittedly is a pretty good distraction card.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Is it better to splurge on the purple store bought chests, or just pop open 8-12hr chests without waiting?
You'll find a link to a guide in the OP. Most efficient thing is to keep the purple gems until you have 500 and buy the 10k gold pack. Don't speed up chest unlocking.

Xeteh

Lol damnit. Silver chest unlocked so I started unlocking the Gold one I have because I'm going to bed soon... and I play a last match to get a chest and it is a Magical one. Can't unlock it now!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Lost a couple of matches because my phone can't pick up signal at my job's toilets.

THIS IS A TRAVESTY!

Deleted, because it got boring after 20 games. The only freemium game that could keep me playing for a while was Galaxy of Heroes, but that got boring quickly as well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm basically playing a match a day due to the stupid chests limitation.

The game's fun, but the chests system is pathetic.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You should at least be getting the free crown chest from getting 10 tower kills.

Bisonian

You should at least try to find out of the relative strength of your deck, trophy wise. Getting chests from further arenas both increases the types of cards you can get, as well as the number of cards you'll get. It's pretty easy to hit at least arena 2 with some thinking and the starter cards. I would say it's worth the time to do so.

SentryDown

Well, I'm done with this game, monetization is way too pushy for me that's super annoying. And I don't like the gameplay that much, that's far from a card game and too focused on reaction rather than construction, not super fun.

Ferny

GAF-clan is currently full.

We'll basically be looking at the clan like Remy mentioned. Checking for activity and such after about a week. If we find that people aren't really playing, or whatever, we'll free up a couple spots as well.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Considering it's a f2p phone game, it was this or a stamina bar.

At least this way we can play whenever we want.

And as for the monetization of the game, there are people who have reached 3000+ cups as completely F2P players. It just takes time and patience. Money mostly speeds it up.

Edit: Man, the rage this game brings out in people is real. I have even clan mates rage quitting in practice matches.

Valygar

Just started this game today, it seems fun.
I got a witch from the tutorial but it does not seem useful.

So far my strategy is to dump a giant and many archers/other units behind to kill a tower.

I am winning thanks to my cunning opponents who sometimes rush fireballs to my crown tower LOL.

Clockw0rk

So far my strategy is to dump a giant and many archers/other units behind to kill a tower.

I am winning thanks to my cunning opponents who sometimes rush fireballs to my crown tower LOL.

Witch is great. Useful for stopping heavy hitters like Prince and Pekka since skeleton spawns are low HP anyway. Also great utility since she can attack air units and does splash dmg. I used to sleep on Witch but at this point she's probably the best card I have.

coy

I started with Witch as well and wasn't sure of her usefulness, but I have been enjoying her more and more. She does nice AoE damage to quickly rid of multiple low level mobs. Seeing that you push with Giant, she can get rid of a swarm of mobs sent to stop him (careful placing these two simultaneously as it takes your full elixir bar so you can't defend for a brief moment if the opponent pushes). She can also be used to stop a swarm sent to your tower with her summons to distract and her own decent ranged attack.

Azusa

If the game is fun why not play more?
Do you only play for rewards? Then the only fun part of the game for you is opening chests.

People complaining about that... that really only happens at the start because it's SUPER easy to win. Eventually the matches get difficult that you'd be glad to scrape a 1 crown victory. There are times that I can't even get the crown chest to go on cool down because I can't get them quickly enough.

Crown chests sorta stack up to 2 BTW. Like, if you sit on a locked chest for more than 24 hours then unlock it, you don't have to wait for another 24 hours for your next crown chest.

Ferny

People complaining about that... that really only happens at the start because it's SUPER easy to win. Eventually the matches get difficult that you'd be glad to scrape a 1 crown victory. There are times that I can't even get the crown chest to go on cool down because I can't get them quickly enough.

Crown chests sorta stack up to 2 BTW. Like, if you sit on a locked chest for more than 24 hours then unlock it, you don't have to wait for another 24 hours for your next crown chest.

That's good to know!

Kitoro

Ferny

A simple improvement would be to be able to trash unwanted chests to clear slots for a chance to win better ones. When all 4 slots are filled with trashy silver chests, it makes me just want to throw in the towel on this game.

But you can get good stuff from those Silver chests. I've gotten at least one epic I didn't have from them.

mercviper

I think it'd be nice if you could at least upgrade previous arena chests to where you currently are. Right now I'm sitting with three arena 1 chests while I'm fighting in arena 3, so I'm always going to have arena 1 chests since I'd rather spend the time opening higher tier chests :x

Ferny

I think it'd be nice if you could at least upgrade previous arena chests to where you currently are. Right now I'm sitting with three arena 1 chests while I'm fighting in arena 3, so I'm always going to have arena 1 chests since I'd rather spend the time opening higher tier chests :x

Why not just open those three? You would basically be done in 9 hours.

So how about third GAF clan...

I find myself playing this quite alot more than I expected... Weirdly familiar with dota/lol/hots and what not, kind of like pocket size mini-MOBA... Also I like this time based f2p mechanic that allows you to *actually* still play if you don't pay... Even if the wait times are ridicilous..

Interesting article concerning the lack of reason to play when your chests are full. I expect SC to address this at some point.

http://www.geek.com/games/clash-roy...wn-developer-doesnt-want-you-to-play-1648888/

Good article.

The game is incredibly fun, but without a positive feedback loop after winning it's not..worth playin gmore than 4 times a day. Which sucks because it's legit fun. I spent the obligatory $10(The least I can do for a game I enjoy) and don't plan on putting anymore money into it right now. Hopefully they do something with the reward system, but unless they have incentive to do so they might not.

I'm having fun just playing matches, even when my four chest slots are full, but I think it would be great if they gave you gold or crystals for playing matches when your slots are full. It doesn't need to be a lot, but a decent amount would be a nice incentive to keep people playing.

Top Bottom