• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

The recap is even MORE unnecessary because they specifically had a recap episode PRE-SEASON. I don't understand. Does this director just have a hard-on for recaps? If an episode doesn't have one will a group of brigands kill his wife? What the fuck?

The recap is even MORE unnecessary because they specifically had a recap episode PRE-SEASON. I don't understand. Does this director just have a hard-on for recaps? If an episode doesn't have one will a group of brigands kill his wife? What the fuck?

Fan frustrations at recaps produces a rare form of gamma radiation that he collects using a giant antenna on the top of the Tokyo Tower. This radiation is the only thing that allows his children to survive.

You monster.

Trying to kill his children.

I personnaly found the few small recaps and how they were done pretty cool. Re-seeing All Might tell Deku he can be a hero while plus ultra is playing in the background gets me right in the emotions everytime and the small monologue fitted well with it. Guess I am one of those that aren't bothered by the recaps and to be honest I actually like the passing.

Also I really like how they handled the Deku/All Might passing *the torch* scene. It was a really well adapted moment.

Fan frustrations at recaps produces a rare form of gamma radiation that he collects using a giant antenna on the top of the Tokyo Tower. This radiation is the only thing that allows his children to survive.

You monster.

Trying to kill his children.

Eh, I'm not a fan of children.

Shouta

The flashbacks were OK considering it's been off for almost a year but it definitely is annoying for marathon viewing down the road.

I didn't have too many problems with S1's pacing myself. In fact, I welcome it. Slower pacing is kind of uncommon in general now. It's really nice to be able to chew on a scene as a viewer.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The flashbacks were OK considering it's been off for almost a year but it definitely is annoying for marathon viewing down the road.

I didn't have too many problems with S1's pacing myself. In fact, I welcome it. Slower pacing is kind of uncommon in general now. It's really nice to be able to chew on a scene as a viewer.

I told my brother you could start at halfway into the episode and not literally miss anything. Half of the first episode cut into the 2nd episode will likely give a great viewing.

Oh god no, the pacing. It's an antithesis of Hero Academia.

I was off work Friday (because it was my birthday =]) and i decided to watch season one of this show because I knew the new season was coming out. Holy crap was I blown away. This show is already in my top 10 anime of all time, I loved every second of it! A beautiful art style, colorful, great soundtrack, awesome powers, great characters, comedy, action, really heartfelt moments, this show has it all! And of course All Might is easily one of the most epic heroes I've ever seen (I also helps that he has a move named after my home state, the Missouri Smash). Basically I am in LOVE with this show, and I can't wait to keep on watching season 2! I swear to god the last time an anime made me feel like this was when I was 12 years old and watching Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami.

As far as the first episode of season 2 goes despite being very recap heavy there was enough comedy to make it entertaining and I liked the back story for Uraraka. As a Yu Yu Hakusho I love myself a tournament arc and it looks like that's what we're getting so I'm ready to Go beyond, Plus Ultra!

Also Yuuga‏ is clearly the best character.

I told my brother you could start at halfway into the episode and not literally miss anything. Half of the first episode cut into the 2nd episode will likely give a great viewing.

Oh god no, the pacing. It's an antithesis of Hero Academia.
You let him miss that sick ass intro sequence with ofa tease what kind of brother are you
😑😑😑

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
5 minutes of recap was not necessary it has nothing to do with peoples preferences. The show had 13 episodes and Season 1 ended roughly 9/10 months ago it wasn't gone for years didn't need it and considering how season 1 went I would be alittle worried too.
I understand the frustration, but maybe being a fan of One Piece (manga and anime) has numbed me to 5+ minutes of recap, especially when I know it's not gonna be on an episode by episode basis. I'm definitely giving it a pass, because it is episode 1 of a new season and there's probably viewers jumping in who haven't seen the first season / don't remember everything. For super fans, it's understandably a waste of time.

mdubs

Banned
The dub was good for this episode, I am satisfied. The ED was the highlight of the episode for me, the song is soooooooooo catchy

Tace

I thought it was a great season opener. As a super fan I get the recap seems a bit much, but it has been off the air for a while. That added scene at the beginning was my everything. Can anyone make avatars from that scene?

I also think the ep ended at the perfect point. Anyone know if there will be second OP and ED? No You-Know-Who in the new ones...

cntr

Banned
The main thing is that it's really worrying that they're going back to flashbacks and crap, given Season 1. If the next few episodes are fine, then I'll be happy to eat crow and retroactively consider this a decent season opener.

But if the next few episodes are done in the same way...yeah, that's gonna be rough.

Philippo

Man, are they really going to stretch the Sports Festival / Stain arcs in 25 episodes?
That's waayyyyy toooo sloooowwwww.
Basically nothing happened, and half of it was flashbacks.

Still, it's nice to have MHA back. The class interactions are always charming, but animated version gives more personality.
I also forgot how strong the Ojiro x Hagakure pairing is.

OP sucks, but the ED is too cute, i want one with the boys too.

If they can keep that pacing and instead have anime original moments to pad it; it would be perfect.

Also I'll point out that Horikoshi's artstyle is so good in anime form. That opening man...I love it.

cntr

Banned
They might be able to get away with inserting scenes with the Sports Festival, but it would fall apart in every arc after.

And nah, they aren't really using Horikoshi's artstyle, They're doing their own thing, which is good, since it's much better suited for animation. Reminds me a bit of Kill la Kill or Gurren Lagann.

Yea I agree about the artstyle, I did not use the right words. I meant it more like the way they are translating Horikoshi's artstyle to anime form if that makes more sense.

Also I disagree, of course I can't really talk about it, but they are quite a lot of few scenes they can easily extend upon and they can animate things happening off-screen in manga. Also the LN could be animated too.

We will see.

I would be down for them to add stuff, but it has to be its own stuff, not more of this flashback business. Like, you wanna throw in a nice little classroom arc between Sports Festival and the subsequent arc, that's absolutely ace- or hell, give us a better look at the fights in the Sports Festival itself- but don't try and stretch the original material like that.

HabeeNo

Was trying to find the S2 OT this morning lol

Anyway, I'm so hyped for this new arc. Going in blind since the animation and the OST are so great. Ochacho was hilarious this episode btw, yet her motivation is pretty worthy. BRAVOOOOO

Ending is also really good, although the opening still hasnt clicked for me :)

NSESN

I am okay with adding stuff in this arc, it was bit rushed in the manga, the next arc however there is absolutely no need.

I was surprised to see this on Crunchyroll after I watched DBS this morning-- I have been hearing about AoT all over the place, but this snuck up on me.

I somewhat agree with the folks here who questioned the amount of story recap that took up the episode; I appreciated it since it has been a while since I watched the first series, but I also had just watched the "recap episode", so it felt a little off. I suppose they can't assume everyone would watch that one, anyway.

Anyway, I jumped on Hulu to watch something, and to my surprise found this show labeled under simulcasts of all things. Hulu always seemed to have a decent selection of anime, but I didn't know they did stuff like this.

Uggh, I didn't realize I'd be soo hyped for the return of this show. The first season really was one of the best animes I'd seen in a long time, joined by Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man.

I decided to not read the manga or do too much research on upcoming events to be as surprised as possible.

f40c14f6da48f3f01a6debb8dddcde90.gif

spiritfox

Im an idiot, what was he going to say? I believe I read "Pm-"

And ah! I didn't know it was 24/25... :D actually I think I did, and forgot, and assumed it was 13 again. I think 24/25 is fine for the two arcs. Sports festival was kinda long.

What monthly syndrome do women normally face that can change their moods?

Why does that trash character even exist? He brings absolutely nothing to the table except unfathomable amounts of cringe.

I disagree. At first I thought kind of like you, but I learned to like this pervy/snarky little guy. He makes for good comedy moments. His side comments are hilarious, just like in the s2 first episode.

Why does that trash character even exist? He brings absolutely nothing to the table except unfathomable amounts of cringe.

Hell, I might dislike him even more than Bakugo.

Eh... he has his place in the overall story... With him in it I think he adds more to the class dynamic as well.

Hell, I might dislike him even more than Bakugo.

Just watch anime reactions on YouTube. People see him show up and go "Yeeeeah, it's my boy Mineta!" because they're human trash.

cntr

Banned
He's alright. He's made tolerable for various reasons, though I'm not sure how the anime would handle them.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I thought it was universal to go to school with a least one little Pervy kid who say/does inappropriate things. They are the cringe factor to every high school class

trejo

I disagree. At first I thought kind of like you, but I learned to like this pervy/snarky little guy. He makes for good comedy moments. His side comments are hilarious, just like in the s2 first episode.

"Yo why is Uraraka acting kinda weird?"

"She must be menstruating lololol amirite"

Hilarious.

Top Bottom