• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

CHC

Got two within walking distance.

Might grab some just to resell it lol

Someone will pay like 20 bucks for a pack, can use it to grab a game or something fun and impulsive.

Flux

Memes into marketing.

It's probably "limited" like the mcrib. It'll be back before you even cared about missing it.

jstripes

Banned

Someone will pay like 20 bucks for a pack, can use it to grab a game or something fun and impulsive.

Get a poster with it, and $20 will be small change. Weirdos drop mad cash on things.

rjinaz

The best thing to do would be to buy it, and wait like a year. Assuming McD doesn't bring it back by then, most supply will be dried out. Or grab some early and sell it immediately. The best time to sell is also right away before the market becomes saturated.

Makki

Is Rick and Morty craze bad enough that this will entail camping hours ahead of 2 PM?

Who am I kidding, I probably wont get jack even if I show 2 hours early.

painey

I might skip the homecoming football game for the poster. The Szechuan sauce isn't available here, but the poster seems pretty cool for free.. assuming there's no big line

Closest one to me like an hour drive away. What a joke.

I actually remember this sauce from when I was a kid and saw the Mulan movie in theaters. Shame I won't get to check it out one last time.

border

Is Rick and Morty craze bad enough that this will entail camping hours ahead of 2 PM?

Who am I kidding, I probably wont get jack even if I show 2 hours early.

The Rickmobile came to my town today, it was raining heavily. My friend who went still said that the line was hundreds of people long, all sitting around outside in a downpour.

Not a single one in the entire state of Oklahoma pretty funny they got a professional basketball team but this sauce is skipping them out lol.

Phawx

Now to worry McDonald's employees don't get the same bright idea and are "sold out" when you get there

The only McDonald’s near me that’ll have the sauce is right across from a university and surrounded by college apartments.
It’ll be gone by 2:30.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if it's worth a trip to McD to try it. Not a fan of the food, but I might as well try those buttermilk crispy tenders with it.

The Hermit

OccasionalMarvelousArgali.gif

This reply works in so many levels

snap

Banned
At least you dont have to preorder the sauce on amazon. (Grumpy snes classic buyer here)

they're only making a 1000 of each poster from what it sounds like.

so each participating location will only likely have one of each. which is going to be a fucking shitshow for people who actually want a specific one of these.

Zubz

Banned
I like how the Szechuan Sauce poster is very clearly space & portal themed, with the name in font similar to (But not quite) Rick & Morty's.

... It'd be better if there was any way to get the sauce.

Yukinari

As usual i live in NY but in NONE OF THE AREAS WHERE IT HAPPENS.

Whats the point when you wont even cover every borough?

I love how rick and morty basically willed this sauce into existence again

One day only and only in US is lame tho. Come on.

I wanna try it

KillerAJD

Hah, amazingly there is one location in my town, Rohnert Park. Surprisingly, there is not one in either of the larger, (much) more well known cities on either side of us. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because Sonoma State University is literally across the street from the location.

Barren Mind

I really don't remember what this taste like. Too bad I'm on a strict meal plan right now otherwise I'd give it a try.

What they should really bring back for a day is the Arch Deluxe. I'd cheat for that bad boy.

Dang not gonna be here in Japan. Oh well.

But now I feel like going to McDonalds and getting like a ton of fries, chicken nuggets, and burgers on my day off this week.

rick and morty are going to make McDonalds so much money man

can't wait to line up with my R&M bois so I can dunk some Fresh Chicken-esque Noogets into sugar and soy meme sauce

rrs

I'm in for chicken strips coming back, but there's no resell on ebay morty sauce here. Look, just because I live in a <200,000 metro area doesn't mean I mean nothing to promotions

Top Bottom