• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

JEfkkBu.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake has broken more records than like any other hip-hop artist, has unarguably the most hits of all time, of course he's in the GOAT discussion if Jay gets in there for business acumen and 3K is in there for [TBD].

OG Kush

Drake has broken more records than like any other hip-hop artist, has unarguably the most hits of all time, of course he's in the GOAT discussion if Jay gets in there for business acumen and 3K is in there for [TBD].

Yeh, I agree. May not have a "classic" album, but for statistics alone Drake will be remembered. Potentially how he maybe changed the hip hip game bringing in more openeness, a more softer, emotional side

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeh, I agree. May not have a "classic" album, but for statistics alone Drake will be remembered. Potentially how he maybe changed the hip hip game bringing in more openeness, a more softer, emotional side
Also for having one of the longest and most dominant runs of clearly being the biggest artist in hip-hop.

CoolOff

KTT:

actual Zane Lowe transcript

Zane Lowe: Tell us the process on this new project "Damn"

Kendrick: I went in the studio.....

Zane: Mmmmmm Amazzzzzzing,man

Kendrick: Yea...well... I went in and the mic was right there for me

Zane: Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww, Tell me more about how much you love Eminem

Kendrick: Eminem is cool, I like his style.

Zane: Mmmmm

Kendrick: He helped me out a lot in my growth process of being in the presence of such greats.

Zane: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only on Beats 1

Kendrick: Did you just say Beats 1?

Zane: I don't think so. What did Tupac mean to you?

Kendrick: 2pac is a talent I hold up high. His legacy in my music will never leave my memory.

Zane: MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :whispers very softly: only on Beats 1 Radio

Bronx-Man

Banned
Imagine not realizing in 2017 that Ye revolutionized the entire genre of hip-hop three times: College Dropout, Graduation, 808s

Imagine not realizing that in the year of our lord, 2017

Bronx-Man

Banned
Kendrick literally just went on Twitter to deny any 2nd album is coming.

Imagine thinking graduation reinvented anything except how fast you can put an album in the garbage bin
If Graduation didn't destroy Curtis, we would have Troy Ave as the biggest dude in the game rn.

riotous

Banned
I'm not saying Kanye wasn't influential either; just that Drake sounds more like a continuation of the "R&B singer featuring a rapper" trend that was going on for nearly a decade before him. He's "112 ft. Ma$e" more than he is Kanye / 808s.

Jay isn't in it for business acumen, his business acumen is brought up by people who want to discredit his lyrical ability/success or don't understand it.

Kendrick's interview with Zane Lowe is out. Dude is a massive Jay Z stan.
I've been telling people this, literally got shot down the other day for mentioning that he thinks Jay's the GOAT and is a massive stan and all they responded with was b-but Tupac.
-Has called Jay the GOAT multiple times
-Always puts Jay in his top five
-Said he needs to make his own Reasonable Doubt before he could be considered the GOAT
-Said RD is better than Illmatic multiple times
-Compared Jay to Michael Jordan on the cover of the BDKMV remix (hell his fandom is why they suprised him with the verse)
-Homages on his mixtapes and how Kendrick used to wanna be Jay
-And lastly Kendrick quotes and references Jay Z lyrics in his raps more than he does for any other artist, on his albums, features, and loosies, all the way up to The Heart PT.4, catching them is always fun.

Amongst other things.

I remember Esch saying this awhile ago but most ppl on tde are all hov stans, especially Kendrick and Q

Ab-Soul should be the especially, Jay is his favorite rapper of all time/GOAT and he's shown his stanning through many different avenues and it's continued all the way up to the release of his last album and lines in it plus interviews around it, dude explained a song on I think These Days of Control System on Genius using solely Jay Z lyrics, and Jay's still his dream feature.

Soul cried when Jay tweeted at him on Twitter, he's probably the biggest Jay Stan on the label.

Top Dawg is a huge fan of and looks up to Jay to (he's in his top five), and we know that they at least have convos regularly based on tweets from Top.

Unrelated to them but Royce Da 5'9 is a massive Jay Z stan, one of the biggest on the planet, I always love pointing that out and listing all of the reasons why Royce loves Jay and the things he's said about him when I run into a Royce or Em fan who's a hater.

Jay isn't in it for business acumen, his business acumen is brought up by people who want to discredit his lyrical ability/success or don't understand it.

I've been telling people this, literally got shot down the other day for mentioning that he thinks Jay's the GOAT and is a massive stan and all they responded with was b-but Tupac.
-Has called Jay the GOAT multiple times
-Always puts Jay in his top five
-Said he needs to make his own Reasonable Doubt before he could be considered the GOAT
-Said RD is better than Illmatic multiple times
-Compared Jay to Michael Jordan on the cover of the BDKMV remix (hell his fandom is why they suprised him with the verse)
-Homages on his mixtapes and how Kendrick used to wanna be Jay
-And lastly Kendrick quotes and references Jay Z lyrics in his raps more than he does for any other artist, on his albums, features, and loosies, all the way up to The Heart PT.4, catching them is always fun.
+The hook off LOYALTY. is a bar from The Dynasty
Recent plays from last

O6q3Xyv.jpg

is this something that can be generated or you put it together yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom