• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

Ken

I never buy games off of Amazon not to mention pre-ordering them, if I pre-order Tera there this is what I can expect right:

1. Money not charged until shipped?
2. Will get a code for all cbp's to be entered somewhere on the tera site after making an account there?
3. Will get the physical copy early enough for the head start?
4. Will get the option to dl the launcher/ game files right now from enmasse after making said account.
5. Can cancel pre-order if I want from Amazon.

1. Yes
2. Yes, when I applied my code the website told me I was eligible for all CBTs.
3. Probably not. With SWTOR head start, they sent out codes that allowed you to play in the head start, but didn't send out copies until release IIRC. However, since OBT goes straight into full release you shouldn't need the physical copy to be ready for head start?
4. Yes.
5. Yes, any time before they enter the "shipping soon" phase. Once it has entered that phase, there's a chance it may or may not get cancelled, but they don't enter that phase until usually a day or two before.

This is all for Amazon US.

Basically, you can pre-order, get the code, and cancel your pre-order right after.

Ken

Thank you much.

Here's the email I got from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Tera. Now it's time to get you your bonus item.

Here is your bonus code:

This will give you beta access, early access to live servers (3 days before launch), and bonus items (Level 10 City Wheel Earrings, Level 35 Seren's Sand Ring, and Armored Pinto in-game mount).

Cool, I guess that means we don't even have to break the shrink wrap from the physical copy, lol.

Says estimated delivery May 7-12th.

Of course you do..

Early access to the live servers will expire after their grace period to allow for delivery of physical copies.. You'll need a retail code to keep playing past when the grace period expires (Don't think they've announced how long that will be yet)

You can tell I don't pre-order games and play few mmo's.... sorry, but yep I've since figured that out... Hopefully this grace period extends those 10 days to allow for delivery....

Anyways I was caught up in the hype checking out in Amazon, game is dl'ing now, excited :)

Slacker

You can tell I don't pre-order games and play few mmo's.... sorry, but yep I've since figured that out... Hopefully this grace period extends those 10 days to allow for delivery....

Anyways I was caught up in the hype checking out in Amazon, game is dl'ing now, excited :)

Did you order the game today? Just wondering if they are getting the codes out quickly now.

Izayoi

Banned
Streaming again tonight.

Lower level stuff, trying to get up above where the current CBTs are and give people a little peak at what they can expect this weekend.

_woLf

Just downloaded the entire patch for next beta, again.

Go to install it, "source file checksum error".

This is fucking ridiculous, and my bandwidth can't take it anymore.

Izayoi

Banned
Just downloaded the entire patch for next beta, again.

Go to install it, "source file checksum error".

This is fucking ridiculous, and my bandwidth can't take it anymore.
If you installed the decensor mods you need to restore your old files before you patch.

_woLf

If you installed the decensor mods you need to restore your old files before you patch.

Already did. Patch continues to stick every time at either the error I said before, or "retreiving manifest" at 94%.

Looks like I'm not playing this weekend, if this keeps up.

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game. I know 24 GB LOL but I'm not sure how else to fix it if you have reverted the un-censor patches and still no go.

_woLf

Yeah, I want to do that but having to download that much all over again after I've had to download this 5+ GB patch about 7 times now, combined with downloading the beta twice (europe and then NA CBT1's), I'm afraid I'm going to hit my download cap.

I never thought I'd actually hit it, but I may this month. D:

CAW

Pre-ordered, downloading/installing. The downloader started strong and went at about 2.50MB/s but sometimes drops down to like 200KB/s. I have all week though so no biggie, haha.

So, just to get a confirmation, the Tera GAF guild will be playing on the Vallery of Titans server on Fri(24th), correct?

Pre-ordered, downloading/installing. The downloader started strong and went at about 2.50MB/s but sometimes drops down to like 200KB/s. I have all week though so no biggie, haha.

So, just to get a confirmation, the Tera GAF guild will be playing on the Vallery of Titans server on Fri(24th), correct?

We'll have players on Serpentis Isle for PVE and on Valley of Titans for PVP. This might help speed up your download:

_woLf said:
If you have a really low download speed, go into the Launcher Settings and turn off P2P Sharing. My download jumped from 100kb/s to 3.35MB/s.

I'll be streaming the NA CBT this weekend if anyone wants to request specific content or a class. My stream is archived, so even if you don't want, I can still do something so you can watch it later.

ZeroEdge

Hey does anyone know if there are any sites handing out codes again to this weekends Beta? Last time I know IGN was handing them out but I hadn't seen anything about this weekends test. I was hoping to get some time in before deciding if I want to drop the $50 bucks on this, especially if GW2 is coming out any time around it.

Hey does anyone know if there are any sites handing out codes again to this weekends Beta? Last time I know IGN was handing them out but I hadn't seen anything about this weekends test. I was hoping to get some time in before deciding if I want to drop the $50 bucks on this, especially if GW2 is coming out any time around it.

It should be in the OP by now, but if you pre-order from Amazon, wait for the pre-order code and cancel, you're good to try the game for the remainder of the beta tests without having paid anything.

ZeroEdge

It should be in the OP by now, but if you pre-order from Amazon, wait for the pre-order code and cancel, you're good to try the game for the remainder of the beta tests without having paid anything.

Ah sweet thanks, I'll have to give it a shot, hopefully it shows up before the weekends test :)

Boken

Banned
Congratz to everyone who got their Vitas so far :)
I'm picking up mine tomorrow but I can't decide what game to get as I for now only can afford one game.

I'm thorn between HSG or WipEout or playing PSP games till Gravity Daze is out.
Which of these possibilities would give me the most fun on the long run?

TERA would be the most fun.

Slacker

Congratz to everyone who got their Vitas so far :)
I'm picking up mine tomorrow but I can't decide what game to get as I for now only can afford one game.

I'm thorn between HSG or WipEout or playing PSP games till Gravity Daze is out.
Which of these possibilities would give me the most fun on the long run?

OMG Tera Online coming to PS Vita CONFIRMED.

ge0mu.jpg

Pretty cool pic that has all the info on Kteras update.

EDarkness

Looks like some interesting stuff is going on in the game. I wonder how long it will be before all of that content hits the North American version of the game....

Looks like some interesting stuff is going on in the game. I wonder how long it will be before all of that content hits the North American version of the game....

That's the update including the warrior change, which I think EME was hoping to have in with the Open Beta or at least launch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really wish that post showed exactly what the warrior combo points were used for instead of leaving it open and making them look like dps to all the idiots who want them to be a dps class haha.

*It buffs their aoe taunt skill for more threat and stun duration. Or gives their new level 60 aoe attack skill more damage*

Mupod

Reminds me of the Riftstalker from RIFT.

I don't know much about Rift but reading up on that makes it sound like a fancier version of your typical avoidance tank. Warrior is fundamentally different because you're not relying on some dodge% stat to avoid damage, you are manually avoiding the attacks yourself. Which is great if you're a bad enough dude to do it.

Scum

All this talk of Warriors has me worried that I'm going to suck arse at the class, but I don't care. I had bloody good fun with it! Challenge accepted! :D

BTW, nice pics, Izayoi. :O

Slacker

If you haven't seen them, these through all the abilities of each class. Every video is well put together, and makes me want to play every single class in this game. :) Mystic is coming next apparently.

Archer
Priest
Lancer

Randy

For those of you who are on the fence of pre-ordering a CE, I'm getting rid of my pre-order. CLICK Won't have a gaming pc around when the game launches.

In other news, from their Twitter:

@TeraEurope looking to have Argon update ready for launch? Impressive!

@VenoMania1 We cannot give a definite answer for now, but we hope to have this update ready and translated for release, yes ;) ~ Anna

Top Bottom