• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Domixis

Banned
The biggest question on my mind now is where do we go from this arc? How does one up up the stakes further than a tournament involving every current universe with them losing meaning destruction? How does one go futher than that? Perhaps maybe we'll finally get a close to end of z timeskip, or just some stuff involving another universe like with Future Trunks arc.

I know Toriyama will find a way but i'm really really curious what the arc after this will entail. Yeah I don't think it'll happen personally. He'll probably just be another Whis/Vados type and do Zenos bidding.

Easy, have an enemy strong enough to wipe out entire multiverses.

NandoGip

msliMLE.gif

Best outfit.

I agree. Gohan deserves his own outfit. The orange gi's on everyone is classic but boring

Daingurse

I'm just happy they got rid of the tracksuit.
I didn't like it at first, but that tracksuit actually kinda grew on me lol. I thought he looked pretty cool in it as a Super Saiyan.

3b1rPZ8.png

I really need Gohan to get that bang back lol. Shit just doesn't look right without it. Hopefully he'll get it when he powers up.

msliMLE.gif

Best outfit.

I dunno, it looks good in this gif but usually it makes him look kinda fat IMO.

Anyway Roshi is a really cool guy for not caring that Gohan wears a Turtle School gi despite never have been a student of his. I don't know if this would be okay in real life martial arts.

Daingurse

Eew that's gross. Looked baller on Cell Gohan though. That was probably the coolst character design in the series for me. Adult Gohan has been meh all around, both his actions and design.

Yeah, Cell Saga Gohan is my favorite Gohan.

tumblr_nz8h7gHKCQ1uuj1vto1_500.png

Adult Gohan can't pull that look off at all lol.

Everything sounds good so far but I feel it's a missed opportunity to not visit other universes first and push this tournament waaay back.

Where do we go from a universe destroying tournament?

Agreed. It's just not a natural progression as we've barley seen any of the other universes. Seems really rushed to just jump to it. It's like jumping from Pilaf to Frieza. IMO the natural progression from the Trunks arc would be a Universe 10 arc or a Demon Realm arc.

Toriyama has his work cut out, he's gonna have to design at least another 105 new fighters from the 12 universes. (5 more for Universe 6) & 10 more GoD & Angels.

CryptiK

Jesus this ark is nearly 2 months away and I want it now. I wanna see all the new designs and transformations that are going to come with them.

NeonZ

Agreed. It's just not a natural progression as we've barley seen any of the other universes. Seems really rushed to just jump to it. It's like jumping from Pilaf to Frieza.

We were introduced to aliens already with Goku facing the strongest alien in the universe with Vegeta. That was quickly retconned with Freeza's introduction, but even so, the jump still isn't that far apart.

It automatically made pretty much all other sectors of the DBZ universe irrelevant, which is why the series immediately moved the focus away from alien threats. It's a waste of the setting's potential, but it's not something new to Dragonball.

We were introduced to aliens already with Goku facing the strongest alien in the universe with Vegeta. That was quickly retconned with Freeza's introduction, but even so, the jump still isn't that far apart.

It automatically made pretty much all other sectors of the DBZ universe irrelevant, which is why the series immediately moved the focus away from alien threats. It's a waste of the setting's potential, but it's not something new to Dragonball.

Frieza>>Time Travel>>Universal threat was a nice progression as well.

NeonZ

Not only her design - In most episodes they don't even seem to remember that Maron isn't supposed to be a baby. Although last time she appeared it wasn't an issue.

AdanVC

Damn that new arc poster and brief story of it is hype! So happy to see Piccolo and Gohan being among the main characters this arc. And holy damn! Android 17 and Tien coming back too!? Hope Android 17 doesn't betray everyone during the tournament I don't fully trust that guy yet hah. Also what is Master Roshi doing there instead of Trunks and Goten?? Seems he has been secretely training when he is not sleeping or watching dirty magazines!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Damn that new arc poster and brief story of it is hype! So happy to see Piccolo and Gohan being among the main characters this arc. And holy damn! Android 17 and Tien coming back too!? Hope Android 17 doesn't betray everyone during the tournament I don't fully trust that guy yet hah. Also what is Master Roshi doing there instead of Trunks and Goten?? Seems he has been secretely training when he is not sleeping or watching dirty magazines!

17 was never really a bad guy in the current timeline.

NeonZ

They probably also aren't using his Buu Saga outfit exactly to avoid the association with the villainous brainwashed 17 from GT, who kept that look.

Ogodei

Marron is Krillin's daughter so at least they have a reason for her look...

Yeah, since Krillin looked like he was 6 when he first showed up anyway, it kind of fits.

Problem is she acts like she's still a baby too, but that's on the lack of screentime.

Of course they also don't seem to care that Mai is 10 years (possibly?) older than Bulma and Trunks still seems all kind of into it, artificial de-aging or no.

They probably also aren't using his Buu Saga outfit exactly to avoid the association with the villainous brainwashed 17 from GT, who kept that look.

VD2W95um.png
M3cPGKUm.png

It was different colors but yeah it might be a reason. The lack of a long coat is also probably easier to animate.

Of course they also don't seem to care that Mai is 10 years (possibly?) older than Bulma and Trunks still seems all kind of into it, artificial de-aging or no.

People need to stop with this. Mai is not 10 years older than Bulma. She was rejuvenated. She still has memories of her old self but she is not her old self.

This is probably a dumb question, but with the next major arc airing in February, is the show going to continue on until then or will they take a few weeks off? I remember them saying the manga would be caught up, which could mean a break or a bunch more filler episodes.

I understand they've got a small arc about Hit and I've enjoyed the past few episodes, but I don't know if they're going to ease up after this stuff.

Blader

This is probably a dumb question, but with the next major arc airing in February, is the show going to continue on until then or will they take a few weeks off? I remember them saying the manga would be caught up, which could mean a break or a bunch more filler episodes.

I understand they've got a small arc about Hit and I've enjoyed the past few episodes, but I don't know if they're going to ease up after this stuff.

There's two Hit episodes coming up, then they're off for New Year's weekend, then probably 3-4 more bridge/filler episodes before the next arc starts.

Skeeter49

With 12 universes participating, I have to imagine the next threat will be in one of the universes participating in the tournament.

The question is if they'll destroy universes on the spot, meaning will some universes get destroyed before the interruption, but I think an interruption is obvious. /I'd like some universes destroyed, I don't want this being an empty threat that isn't carried out, I'd rather all but one of the universes be destroyed than none, but I'd ideally prefer a few destroyed the most.

If only Zamasu waited another year, he would have had his opportunity to try and kill Goku.

Dark_castle

As far as adult Gohan goes, I like his design in GT the most.

images

Gohan in a full business suit. It really sets him apart from the other Saiyans in that he's a smart, professional employed man who's also a pretty powerful fighter. That's sexy.

There's two Hit episodes coming up, then they're off for New Year's weekend, then probably 3-4 more bridge/filler episodes before the next arc starts.

Sounds good. It's really not important, but for some dumb reason I was trying to figure this out after reading about the new arc

HardRojo

Hit episode later tonight, hopefully it's a good one. Shame it's going to be a short thing though (with consequences later would be ideal).

Magwik

Banned
After the Hit episodes I can only imagine a couple more spent on the rest of the cast and catching up with everyone
after a timeskip in my dreams

Any sign when they will move past end of Z?

They need to hurry up and move past End of Z because they are stuck in the same limitations as ever other filler arc for anime. :/

TreIII

I need more glorious, high resolution pics of SSJ(3) Nappa from Super Heroes.

My man's FINALLY MADE IT.

And before Goten, even! Sorry Goten fans...

NeonZ

I wonder if there will be a no kill rule this time.

The losers will be completely erased, so I don't think a no-kill rule would make any sense. They're also allowing the androids, so weapons should be ok too since they are artificially enhanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom