• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
voEZhzu.png

9HohBQ7.png

4FKurLj.png

b617XPR.png
S9EKG6z.png
EAHOMZI.png

dcxdsGX.png
gpORl9i.png
zsKluTi.png

T2PSH3U.png
FAzc86C.png
mTxzLXG.png

MYykHsM.png
jcmZT6w.png
giqHGkq.png

ptpwX18.png

CgNusXS.png

0CjGNm1.png
qqp4cMC.png
y6W8UJB.png

uiSvfdN.png
8PDmWTf.png
YX8fGX3.png

gZcYRLa.png
MV99ftN.png
TO5N667.png

9VSoSjx.png
0o8ZtdL.png

82CtPk5.png

pysInFv.png
EPifG00.png

RIhzT3e.png
4BdYQtv.png

SM560Vr.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
luE6XcG.png

• Platforms: PS4, X1, & Steam
  • Release Date: September 19, 2017
  • 2v2, raw tags are instant and designed to carry combos fluidly
  • Huge cast; confirmed characters: Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Ryu, Megaman X, Morrigan.
  • Single player modes include Arcade, Mission, Training, and a Cinematic Story, Frank Tieri is involved in some capacity
  • Multiplayer features include ranked matches, casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode.
  • Unreal Engine 4
  • Producer: Mike Evans

pem8wXs.png

Infinite Stone mechanic replaces X-Factor, is planned to have two types of abilities that can be activated. The abilities are as follows:

• Power Stone - Ability: causes a range attack that will wall bounce; Infinity Storm: increase the damage output and probably causes more wall bounce
  • Time Stone - Ability: give the characters an ability to make teleport-dash; Infinity Storm: increases mobility and combo potential (basically cut down on animations)
  • Space Stone - Ability: able to draw the opponent toward to you; Infinity Storm: put your opponent in box of shame (small space)
  • Reality Stone - Ability: summons a red homing projectile that would move slowly; Infinity Storm: summons four different element attacks depend on your input(s)
  • Mind Stone -
  • Soul Stone -

0ofFyHj.png

muSWROr.png

1. Ryce Leak - 28 characters

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

2. Datamine List

The leak had almost everyone from Ryce but plus Mike Haggar, Ghost Rider, Frank West, Dormammu, Venom and Winter Solider.

DtAY6KO.png

Number of Characters in Roster

no - but i did hear initial character count is low 30's. if i had to guess, season pass would be 6-10 characters split across marvel & capcom. really hoping cyclops makes his long overdue return.

X-Men and Fantastic Four Characters

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

fwiw, i heard the same thing

Rumored Capcom Characters

I just heard about a really surprising (and awesome) addition to the Capcom side. The animators deserve a raise for getting this character into the game.

The roster is going to be so sick, you guys.

Rumored Marvel Characters
Ant-Man via Polygon and Eurogamer

2wQ9MLJ.png

Q: What about X-Men and Fantastic Four characters? Would they be in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite?

A: According to the Game Informer impressions, hope might not be lost for X-Men/FF characters: "[Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman] wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me."

Q: Do you know if Marvel asked for the X-men to be available only as DLC, or if it's Capcom decision?

A:
Marvel legally has the rights to give developers access to their entire cast of characters thanks to Activision's hold on certain franchises (the X-Men for example) expiring back in 2014. The only license Activision has left is the Spider-Man movie tie-in license, which expires next year. This isn't a matter of Marvel not being able to use X-Men & Fantastic Four characters, it's the fact that they don't want to. Marvel's been trying to minimize the exposure of the X-Men & the Fantastic Four in an attempt to lower the popularity of both properties (which would in turn screw over Fox). Within the last few years, Marvel has had a bit of a feud with 20th Century Fox over the properties they still hold the movie rights for (the X-Men & the Fantastic Four). It grew to the point where, after the release of Marvel: Contest of Champions (the mobile Injustice knock-off by Kablam), Marvel imposed a complete ban on all X-Men & Fantastic Four characters in games made after Contest of Champions. One of the first victims of the ban was Marvel Mighty Heroes, whose developer (DeNA) had this to say on the matter.

mmh.png

To clarify what this ban means....
  • As stated earlier, all new games made after Contest of Champions are not allowed to use any X-Men & Fantastic Four characters. This includes the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Jean Grey/Phoenix, X-23, Storm, Magneto, Super-Skrull, Sentinel, & more.
  • Games made before the ban with active contracts, like Marvel Heroes (the PC MMO), can add whoever they want until their current contracts expires (Ex: Gazillion's existing contract with Marvel expires in 2019).
  • Remasters &/or ports of older games can be re-released untouched (Ex: The Deadpool remaster for PS4 & XB1).
  • The Maximoff Twins, Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) & Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), are only allowed on a case-by-case basis (Ex: Lego Marvel's Avengers). Only their comic book & MCU incarnations can be used in the event that Marvel allows a developer to use one or both of the Twins, & zero references to their X-Men history can be made. They've also been banned from games more times than not, but their inclusion in certain games isn't impossible.
As for the timeline on how this has affected post-CoC games...
  • Avengers Alliance 2: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Avengers Academy: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers: The Maximoff Twins are present, No X-Men, No Fantastic Four
  • Marvel Mighty Heroes: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Marvel Future Fight: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
I hope this clears things up a bit.

Q. Why Marvel allowed Capcom to add X-Men and Fantastic Four characters now? Via DLC? if the rumors assumed to be real.
A.
Neoxon said:
I would hope so, but the show was actually greenlit last year, when the supposed ban was still in full effect (long story short, Fox has the live-action rights for TV & film use of the X-Men, but Marvel Entertainment has to greenlight any TV efforts that Fox wants to do). If anything, the upcoming relaunch for the X-Men comics as well as Funko releasing a ton of X-merch as of recently may be a sign that the rumor of Marvel lifting the video game ban sometime in 2017 could have some truth to it.

zrOPfzR.png

I decided to make the chatroom open to the public so everyone could join as they want to. I want to make sure that everyone are aware that there are rules that people need to follow for discord chat and being respectful to each other.

Invite: https://discord.gg/38WnuGd

Knr1Cv6.png

Q5hhrMb.png

Capcom - making Marvel Vs. Capcom franchise
Marvel - whatever they done for MvC franchise
Enzo_GT - for saving my arse since I lost most of my contents and he allowed me to borrow his information and contents from his previous thread.

Seyavesh

is this where i go to complain that x is unarmored x and not x3/4 armored x

or that his armor is x1's armor

i was really hoping for x3/4 armor with x2/3's cool as fuck max level doubleshot blast or x4's plasma buster

NotLiquid

Based on some explicit posts from people-in-the-know in the previous thread, we know Spencer is one of the returning characters.

So are you guys buying this being more of a marvel fan or capcom fan or both?

I'm more of a marvel fan only thing I like from capcom I are the mega man and X games.

My new home!!

I'm more of a marvel fan only thing I like from capcom I are the mega man and X games.

Both. And I absolutely love crossovers, being the person who doesn't even mind guest characters.

KingBroly

Banned
Word is marvel is pushing xmen as dlc

Well it probably comes back to Fox is what I mean and the mess therein.

Wolverine
Magneto
Storm
Sentinel
Rogue
Deadpool
Super Skrull
Dr. Doom

All $5 a piece. They could do a Season Pass on X-Men characters ALONE.

I'm all for jankwanking nostalgia at times. But given the choice between a character from some Sega Saturn game 15 years ago or one from a game from 2013, yeah I'm going with Asura, I'm going with Arisen, I'm going with Donte

While I'm still somewhat holding my breath regarding the Fox characters, I do hope that if true, they aren't just all veterans. I mean obviously you'd need to prioritize getting Wolverine, Doom, and Mags in there, and Storm, Cyclops, Cable, Gambit, and Sentinel will also be in high demand, among others, but I would like Magik or Nightcrawler get a shot....also Dragon Man.

I wonder where Klaw stands in everything. He'd be great, but he kind of straddles the line between Black Panther character and FF character.

Neoxon

As for who I want to see in the base roster...

MARVEL
  • Star-Lord [Cue avatar quoting]
  • Nova (Richard Rider)
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Black Panther
  • Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Groot
  • Ant-Man
  • Daredevil
  • Dormammu
  • Doctor Strange
  • Hawkeye
  • Thanos
  • Medusa
  • Black Bolt
  • Quake
  • Ghost Rider (either Johnny Blaze or Robbie Reyes will do)

CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Mike Haggar
  • Asura
  • Rashid
  • Urien
  • Franziska von Karma
  • Gene
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Dante
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Nero
  • Zero
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Tron Bonne

D-Man

For newcomers, I'd love to see Asura and Sissel join the Capcom side. Black Panther is probably a shoe-in but I'd be happy to see him join.

Honestly, I just want my boys Phoenix Wright and Frank West to come back. Everything else is just a nice extra at that point.

batfax

Fingers crossed for Tron Bonne. I bet she'd be ticked she managed to get somewhere with her projects and it's the wrong blue boy.

Also, classic Jill moveset pls.

specdot

Virgil and Dante need to come back. Along with Ryu (BoF III or IV) and Nina.
On the Mahvel side...eff it, give is Squirrel Girl and make her beyond OP with some baller ass combos.

MARVEL
  • Nova (Richard Rider)
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Black Panther
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Groot
  • Ant-Man
  • Daredevil
  • Dormammu
  • Doctor Strange
  • Hawkeye
  • Thanos
  • Medusa
  • Black Bolt
  • Quake

CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Mike Haggar
  • Asura
  • Rashid
  • Urien
  • Franziska von Karma
  • Gene
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Dante
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Nero
  • Zero
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Tron Bonne
You forgot Spider-Man but have green goblin?

Lord Phol

Is this where I start character-begging for Richard's Nova to return?

nova-thanos-imperative-cover.jpg

Yes please! Though awesome as he is he's also quite niche and probably won't be part of the MCU (heard the director of GotG hates Rider) :(. He is coming back in the comics in some way or form though so at least he has that going for him.

MARVEL
image.php

Now that that's out of the way, I only really want She-Hulk in particular. I just hope that the Marvel side has more female characters but other than that, I don't have any particular characters that I want to see in the roster.

Femto.

That Morrigan portrait is giving me some serious Ohohohoh vibes

I'm alright with a season pass fully dedicated to X-Men but I'm sure it will be an even split between Capcom characters and X-Men plus one other MCU character. Perhaps 10 characters?

I'm more curious of many SFV characters will Capcom push for this game.

For Marvel, Ms. Marvel is a must, and I'd love to see Spider-Gwen show up.

For Capcom I just hope they give a good variety of characters. Don't drop Wright, Amaterasu, or Arthur/Firebrand. I'd love to see Mega Man get more than one representatative.

...considering Disney owns Marvel now, what're the chances of Scrooge McDuck showing up as a Capcom Rep with a moveset based on the NES game?

TreIII

On my best days, I'm a fan of both. But MvC3 burned me pretty badly with not really giving me much of what I wanted (More Spider-villains, most Cosmic Marvel stuff, Mega Man X, Jon Talbain, a Sengoku BASARA rep, etc.), so it left me pretty jaded besides Dante, Super Skrull, Rocket Raccoon and Vergil.

That said, I'm probably more hype for the Marvel side just a bit this time around, because I'm hoping the idea that less/no mutants on the base roster will be the best shot some Marvel characters will get at being in this game. Though, at least seeing X finally join the party and Capcom talking about "leveraging their older IPs" gives me hope for even that side, as well.

That said, my top wants for each side

Marvel:

Lizard
Hobgoblin/Green Goblin
Doc Ock

Capcom:

Jon Talbain
Gene
any one of the Red Earth/Warzard 4 (Leo, Tessa, Kenji, Mai-Ling)

MARVEL
  • Nova (Richard Rider)
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Black Panther
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Groot
  • Ant-Man
  • Daredevil
  • Dormammu
  • Doctor Strange
  • Hawkeye
  • Thanos
  • Medusa
  • Black Bolt
  • Quake

CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Mike Haggar
  • Asura
  • Rashid
  • Urien
  • Franziska von Karma
  • Gene
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Dante
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Nero
  • Zero
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Tron Bonne
That's one hell of a sausage fest

For Marvel, Ms. Marvel is a must, and I'd love to see Spider-Gwen show up.

For Capcom I just hope they give a good variety of characters. Don't drop Wright, Amaterasu, or Arthur/Firebrand. I'd love to see Mega Man get more than one representatative.

...considering Disney owns Marvel now, what're the chances of Scrooge McDuck showing up as a Capcom Rep with a moveset based on the NES game?
In that case give darkwing duck or gizmo duck

Top Bottom