• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Palin doesn't deny being sexually harassed at Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...arassed-at-fox-news-she-didnt-exactly-say-no/

In a cagey interview on CNN on Thursday, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin declined to give a direct answer when anchor Jake Tapper asked whether she witnessed or experienced sexual harassment when she was a Fox News contributor.

TAPPER: Did you ever witness or experience, God forbid, anything like that at Fox?

PALIN: I wouldn't put up with anything that would be perceived as intimidating or harassing.

TAPPER: But you said you're “former,” so was that part of the reason you left?

PALIN: Um, you can ask them why I'm no longer at Fox. You know, I'm not going to speak for them. My contract wasn't renewed — that is, um, that's the line.

TAPPER: I don't want to be a jerk, but it sounds like you experienced something.

PALIN: Um, I just, you know, it was just time to part ways and get out there in, you know, I guess a more diverse arena to express views and speak for the public, and that's what I've been able to do now.

TAPPER: All right, well, I'm not going to push any farther on that.

Just looking at her reaction, and the way she seems really uncomfortable it definitely seems like something went on. It would also explain why they dropped her.

Full interview starting at the relevant section
https://youtu.be/7Lap0wB97-4?t=6m3s

SIMPSONSFOXNEWS.jpg

Can someone change the text here to "#1 with Sexual assailants"?

If she did, doesn't that maker her a hypocrite (shocker, I know) since she had JUST said that women shouldn't stick around for the paycheck and take a stand and blow the whistle?

If true this is really sad. nobody should have to endure that.

Sad that she sticks with a party that enables attitudes like this, despite her own opinions though.

Amazing we are still paying attention to a half term governor, failed VP candidate who's word salad makes George Bush look like Lord Byron.

LordKasual

Banned
What makes anyone think Sarah Palin of all women would be immune?

She seemed emotional when she was talking about it, more on the somewhat angry side. That speaks for itself.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
She said how they should get out of there or blow the whistle on that behavior. Notice how she lists one of the things she did.
Yup. There's a key use of "or" in her statement in this interview, and she emphasizes that she "used to be" at Fox News.

But she's kinda stuck, because even she knows that leaving quietly and saying nothing doesn't play well in public. She can't say much if anything did happen.

Kyzer

Banned
I saw this and thought it was interesting. And just before that she was victim blaming and sayong the women at fox shouldnt have stuck around for a paycheck

Boke1879

I would hope that if she did experience something. That she would speak up about it. But that's her choice and maybe it's not something she wants to get into.

Her being cagey with the answer lets a lot of people read into that though.

And her "advice" earlier to woman who experience was basically "get out or say something".

I think Tapper handled that about as well as you could ask him too. Palin being harassed is a potentially huge story, but at the same time you dont want to push a woman to talk about something like that, especially on TV.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow. That's pretty obvious.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if it was Ailes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think Tapper handled that about as well as you could ask him too. Palin being harassed is a potentially huge story, but at the same time you dont want to push a woman to talk about something like that, especially on TV.

Yep.

I hate everything about her.

But nobody should endure that and frankly I'm disgusted but not ultimately surprised that the balance of male/ female power is so skewed that even an ostensible VP has to deal with it.

Got

Banned
Oh good, maybe she'll learn a valuable lesson and change her ways and who she suppo...

20-sarah-palin-ted-nugent-kid-rock-trump-oval-office.w710.h473.jpg

oh...

well...

maybe next time.

Mimosa97

With the kind of animals that work(ed) at Fox News would it be that surprising to learn that a good looking woman like her was harassed ? I don't think so.

Her body language speaks volume.

Dryk

When she says that the official line is that her contract was not renewed you can almost see the team of Fox News lawyers standing over her shoulder

jviggy43

This woman's mere existence sets feminism back like 50 years. She also said that women who couldn't handle this shouldn't have stayed working there for a paycheck. Yes Sarah, women being sexually assaulted are the problem for not just putting up with it.

Lmo911

While I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin at all...

Someone who ran as a candidate for VICE PRESIDENT was sexually harassed at Fox News?

I mean the cult powers are strong, but that's some messed up stuff.

Brakke

Banned
Guys Fox News doesn't show The Simpsons. Fox the network =/= Fox News.

Amazing we are still paying attention to a half term governor, failed VP candidate who's word salad makes George Bush look like Lord Byron.

Trump warped conservative spacetime around him. Everyone looks good compared to him, so everyone gets a reputation reset at least until they throw in with him.

While I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin at all...

Someone who ran as a candidate for VICE PRESIDENT was sexually harassed at Fox News?

I mean the cult powers are strong, but that's some messed up stuff.
the majority of women have experienced some kind of sexual harassment during their lives.

you're less likely to find a woman who hasn't experienced it than has, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom