• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Cameron successfully dives to deepest point on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just reading up about all this now. Cameron's going down there solo? Guy's awesome.

I do have a feeling that the lack of information is because National Geographics doing some sort of TV thingy about this and James is obviously doing his own documentary.

Guess we wont see anything until National airs it on TV.

Just reading up about all this now. Cameron's going down there solo? Guy's awesome.

Wait... what.... Cameron is by himself! BALLS OF MUTHA F***IN STEEL!

All the best Jim. The world needs more people like you. And more of your movies (let the haters hate).

don't die James, i want more movies!!

what happens if he needs to go to the washroom? >_>

---

i'm also worried about what ill effects shining light down there could have on all the species that live there in darkness.

abyss.jpg

godspeed

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I love all Cameron's movies except Abyss. Can't remember anything about that one.

Worst ordering of his movies ever

I call them like I see them.

I've never really liked Aliens and I can't stand t2 after watching the directors cut. It was so bad even my opinion of the theatrical cut suffered. (really, I want a cut with the extra Asylum stuff and... nothing else. Fuck that whole movie should have just been her dealing with her insanity in the Asylum. Everything else rubbed me the wrong way). I guess to be a bit more blunt, I just don't really care for Cameron's style. But I feel like what he does works best in the top three of my list.

Why isnt the media covering this. These are the kind of things that should be highlighted in the media.

I assume they're releasing very little info about the project along the way to the press, beyond scheduled interviews, as they want to retain the value of whatever they're filming along the way.

Fry

Yeah that's pretty bad.

Though I can't order them.

I just know that T1 is at the top with T2 and Aliens fighting for second place. It's hard when all you do is make amazing movies.

Do you prefer T2 Theactrical or DC? I need a opinion from a fan like you so I can decide the right one to watch.

Do you prefer T2 Theactrical or DC? I need a opinion from a fan like you so I can decide the right one to watch.

Even as a non-fan of the movie, I think it is best to watch the Theatrical and then DC and decide for yourself. A lot of people like both for different reasons.

I think theatrical if you're watching it standalone for the first time, but definitely the special edition if you're coming off T1.

I think theatrical if you're watching it standalone for the first time, but definitely the special edition if you're coming off T1.

I feel like the theatrical is the best first viewing either way. The director's cut has some really great extra scenes and some... not so much. Pretty much everything in the asylum should have stayed in the original cut.

Fry

Even as a non-fan of the movie, I think it is best to watch the Theatrical and then DC and decide for yourself. A lot of people like both for different reasons.

Not for the first time, I probably already watched it about 5 times, they were all on TV though, don't think it was the DC.

Not for the first time, I probably already watched it about 5 times, they were all on TV though, don't think it was the DC.

Then you may as well tryout the DC. Some of the additions are absolutely worth it. Just be aware that a lot of the other additions, while often interesting, add some pacing issues to the movie.

This is incredible. I have a huge increase in respect for the man now.

Too bad the media is too busy being awful to cover things that are actually important like new scientific discoveries. I can't believe this doesn't seem to have any news organization reporting on it closely

Too bad the media is too busy being awful to cover things that are actually important like new scientific discoveries. I can't believe this doesn't seem to have any news organization reporting on it closely

To be fair, The Situation hit rock bottom while taping Jersey Shore, as you can see on TMZ.com. Bad timing for James.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
If I remember right DC of T2 had this scene where he tries to smile. I think Arnold did this scene very, very well. I saw it a long time ago so my opinion may change.

Anyway, any news on the topic?

gtmax

History Channel's How the Earth was Made had an episode dedicated to the Marianna Trench. Good stuff.

Those things that are dwelling down at the bottom are gonna be in for a hell of a shock when they see light for the first time ever. Would you need eyes if your world doesn't have light? I mean vision?

Were i Cameron i'd made that ship for two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom