• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Killzone 3

4a42dc2455b0764e88a9ad3b710adca65d7d2c42c0d8138065c3830da2d6045f5g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?e3rkxp71rzl6tic

Persona7

Banned
RyanardoDaVinci said:
Killzone 3

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/4a42dc2455b0764e88a9ad3b710adca65d7d2c42c0d8138065c3830da2d6045f5g.jpg

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?e3rkxp71rzl6tic"]http://www.mediafire.com/?e3rkxp71rzl6tic[/URL][/QUOTE]
Awesome!

I was just about to say what the post below me said.

Could those artistically gifted UberMenschen who do this magnificent art be so nice, and offer us their work with switched out templates if the games are multiplattform?

I don't see as much love for PC as I hoped :(. Preeeetty please?

dentoomw

These are incredible, definitely going to print some out when I get the time...

May I request one for Shadow of the Damned (PS3) and Dead Rising 2 (360)?

Girsej

I finally managed to get 2 covers printed.
For some reason the printers stretched the image a little bit, nothing a snap blade cutter couldn't fix.

EFjprl.jpg

Interfectum

TheCongressman1 said:
Time to give my Orange Box a new cover.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/TheCongressman1/Art/orange-box-cover_3d.png[IMG]

I'll upload the file soon.[/QUOTE]

Love this, good job!

Atolm

Amazing job. Congratulations to everyone.

We need one for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, because the official boxart is fugly D:

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Atolm said:
Amazing job. Congratulations to everyone.

We need one for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, because the official boxart is fugly D:

You can say that again! lol

Definitely needed!

RedSwirl

bathala said:

here's mine. yeah it has all the legal text and stuff :p

I was gonna make another attempt at TW2 but fuck it. Just give me a printable version of this.

Oh, and make a PC DVD-ROM edition of that cover.

luffeN

I want to put some of the DVD cases with those cover onto the wall again. Any good ideas as to how to affix them to the wall?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Z3ESC.png

Just testing lol...

need better source image and abstract element ideas.

I'm not used to PS at all, have been using the old paintshop pro's, I want to learn how to make the cleanest possible selections in PS CS. Looks like a mouse nibbled on the left wings flap lol..

RedSwirl

Slayer-33 said:
Z3ESC.png

Just testing lol...

need better source image and abstract element ideas.

I'm not used to PS at all, have been using the old paintshop pro's, I want to learn how to make the cleanest possible selections in PS CS. Looks like a mouse nibbled on the left wings flap lol..

Ace Combat was one of my planned ideas but the high res artwork just isn't there yet.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
RedSwirl said:
Ace Combat was one of my planned ideas but the high res artwork just isn't there yet.

Yeah had to use a real plane from Google and found that sky somewhere lol...

And the games logo text wont be any bigger than that :(

I'll see what I come up with for the real one..

bathala

Banned
RedSwirl said:
I was gonna make another attempt at TW2 but fuck it. Just give me a printable version of this.

Oh, and make a PC DVD-ROM edition of that cover.
I'll try make a PC a version tonight.

Rengoku

To those of you using the script and getting the funky reflection in your box covers, what version are you using?

I managed to get a trial version of CS3 Extended Version 10.0, and tried the script on there, but the reflection came out fine for me.

luffeN said:
I want to put some of the DVD cases with those cover onto the wall again. Any good ideas as to how to affix them to the wall?

I used to put my favorites on the wall. All I would do is put two push pins in the wall at a slight upward angle, then just set them on top.

DerZuhälter said:
I don't see as much love for PC as I hoped :(. Preeeetty please?

I was just about work on a PC version of Orange Box, but I didn't see the template in the OP. Where did you guys get it from?

Couple quick hackjobs here, but you guys like the "pics of use" so here we go, I've gotten 3 done.

*NOTE:
I highly recommend that anyone who is going to print pure white covers like the one above use the stroke technique -- or if the artists/creators are nice enough, the PNGs should have the 1 pixel stroke around it to help with cut out. I had to eyeball it using one of the darker PS3 covers underneath to mark the corners (assuming all 3 (1 dark, 2 white) were printed exactly the same size).

IrishNinja

Borman said:
Updated a bit, still shuffling text around and such. Spent a lot of time organizing my layers so it may be possible to make more than just this case heh. Kept the text cheesy, if you read the back of the original SMB box it may seem more than a bit familiar.

galaxyproto2.png

fuckin' lovely. how do you print this, though? it's not a flat image like the others.

Quick

Banned
Here's my own MvC3 cover. The US cover is a bit underwhelming compared to the special edition steelbook cover, which is awesome.

I desaturated the back image a little just to match the tone of the front cover. I'm still playing around with the clear version of the template, since the PS3 and PSN logos are white and are conveniently placed on bright spots on both images. If anything, I'll simply leave the PS3 logo on the spine and leave both images unobstructed. Thoughts?

Unrelated note: I just noticed a small dent on my steelbook copy. :(

mvc3-noclearpreview.png

Borman

IrishNinja said:
fuckin' lovely. how do you print this, though? it's not a flat image like the others.

Its not done yet. Been feeling crappy the past day or two so I havent opened Photoshop recently.

Jintor

Quick said:
Here's my own MvC3 cover. The US cover is a bit underwhelming compared to the special edition steelbook cover, which is awesome.

I desaturated the back image a little just to match the tone of the front cover. I'm still playing around with the clear version of the template, since the PS3 and PSN logos are white and are conveniently placed on bright spots on both images. If anything, I'll simply leave the PS3 logo on the spine and leave both images unobstructed. Thoughts?

Unrelated note: I just noticed a small dent on my steelbook copy. :(

mvc3-noclearpreview.png

Oh fuck yes.

RedSwirl

The messed-up part is that a lot of the stuff we've done is for PC games that I don't even own physical copies of.

I could always just back them up on discs and then put them in spare DVD cases. What do I do for the ones that I have to put on two discs though?

Borman said:
Here are the RETRO ACTION Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda Skyward Sword covers:

Looks really awesome!

I do have a suggestion though, on the SS one it might look a bit more action-y if Link were in the front scene.

Borman

TheCongressman1 said:
Looks really awesome!

I do have a suggestion though, on the SS one it might look a bit more action-y if Link were in the front scene.

No good pictures of Link that were high enough quality unfortunately, I tried. Any of the released art, while big enough, looked terrible in any configuration. Its something I'd like to tweak once the game is actually out.

Borman said:
No good pictures of Link that were high enough quality unfortunately, I tried. Any of the released art, while big enough, looked terrible in any configuration. Its something I'd like to tweak once the game is actually out.

Yeah, that official art is pretty hard get a good composition with, especially in a skewed shape like that.

If you could do a Retro Action Metroid Prime 3, we'd have main bases covered.

Borman

Its especially hard since the game isnt released. If it was, I'd just load it up into dolphin, and do something nice with that. This is the best actiony shot that there was:

And of course, Link is facing the other way. There are only a handful of HD pictures of the game, and none of them have him facing towards the camera. And, like I said, the art of him swinging the sword just looked ugly.

Ill look for some Metroid Prime 3 stuff in a bit :p Hopefully one of the press sites still has materials for it.

Persona7

Banned
Blood money cover is very awesome.

The Katamari Forever one is great as well, any chance of getting a Beautiful Katamari cover to match it?

I am going to wait a few more days before making a second print run.

Edit: Cool Skyward sword cover, definitely printing that one out

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'd really like to see the net cast a little wider with these.

The world is sorely lacking in good-lookin' NES/SNES/Genny/etc. clamshell inserts.... The templates most folks use at places like thecoverproject are fuuuugly.

Girsej

So I've made some more covers, sadly I couldn't really find any HQ art for them. I did them so my collection is coherent, can't really have some awesome covers and then some standard stuff, right? ;D
I hope someone will appreciate it anyway.

I've done one for Lost Cause 2 as well, but I'm waiting to see if any of the magicians in this thread will upload some of their works.

Top Bottom