• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Forza Motorsport 2 Custom Liveries Parade

I'll start things off with the apple of everyone's eye:

a7bae1cf-dc3b-46ee-ade0-9168f788855.jpg

And now, for something really impressive, everyone else....

Sorry to hijack your post, BB, but this is important - if you need assistance in getting your Forza design skills in order, check out these links:

Agent Icebeezy said:

PLEASE NOTE:

Forza Motorsport 2 features a "Paint Job" mode (called the "Livery") where users can paint the cars they own. The base color of the car can be changed, and new skins can be designed by manipulating and stamping pre-set shapes found in the editor. A user is able to put 1000 of these shapes on each side of the car, and 1500 onto the hood/roof/trunk of the car*.

There is no import option, which makes these all the more impressive. Time and care have been put into these designs, due to the nature of the editor.

FM2 also sports a car auction mode, where users can sell their cars online. These cars can be purchased with credits earned in the career mode (whether on or offline). The auction house can be viewed through the game, or online through any web-browser at http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions/

Here is a video that shows you how these sorts of drawing come into fruition. In the video, the user starts from a finished work, and then removes the layers individually...reverse engineering it so you can understand how he came up with the finished product.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ctMttBpoE...elated&search=

TUTORIAL
Here's a Livery Editor Tutorial for beginners: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/213264.aspx

(Tengo de Tieno)

FightyF

Banned
Hey Benjamin, maybe you should edit your first post and point out what the Livery editor is all about, so people understand what is involved when it comes to making one of these.

Ie.
Forza Motorsport 2 features a "Paint Job" mode (called the "Livery") where users can paint the cars they own. The base color of the car can be changed, and new skins can be designed by manipulating and stamping pre-set shapes found in the editor. A user is able to put 1000 of these shapes on each side of the car, and 1500 onto the hood/roof/trunk of the car*.

There is no import option, which makes these all the more impressive. Time and care have been put into these designs, due to the nature of the editor.

FM2 also sports a car auction mode, where users can sell their cars online. These cars can be purchased with credits earned in the career mode (whether on or offline). The auction house can be viewed through the game, or online through any web-browser at http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions/

you can copy and paste that if you think this is a good idea.

*IIRC

scarybore

Razoric said:
oh so this is the thread for it:

repost:

Updated my RE4 car and graphics. Still a work in progress. :D

http://www.wii60.com/images/forza2/resraz5.jpg
http://www.wii60.com/images/forza2/resraz6.jpg
http://www.wii60.com/images/forza2/resraz7.jpg

Awesome, I did one years back in Forza but it blows mine out of the water.

The best part of Forza for me was the custom designs so if I ever buy Forza 2 it will be for that rather than the cars themselves. It is amazing how creative some people are with their designs. I love the "Things break" car as well :lol

You guys are killing me. My copy is...for whatever reason, sitting in a post office in texas while I'm sitting here in Iowa. Probably won't have it until thursday or so.

By the way...everybody should add me on XBL (gamertag is WHOAguitarninja). My computer time is EXTREMELY limited this summer (I'm mooching off my room mate's computer right now, I don't have a computer of my own again until august), however, I WILL be on live almost every evening. I probably won't be around much to check the forums but I definitely want to race against you guys on live and hope somebody will send me the GAF liveries when I finally get my hands on the game. From what I saw in the other thread they look great. Did we end up going with the "mix and match yourself" approach of having a few logos that people can use to build a gaf themed livery for themselves, or is it one fully developed livery for all of GAF?

dfyb

Banned
i don't get how this gets stickied, but pokemon and warhawk beta threads don't.

cool cars though

jet1911

m0dus if you put that car on the auction house you'll end up being the richest man in the world. :lol

Really awesome job!

EDIT:

Not mine

B_TreQuatasBACK.jpg

B_Side.jpg

B_Detail.jpg

OC_Side.jpg

:O

m0dus said:
The one I posted before was just the scrap-table.

Here is the (nearly complete) Gray Fox MGS-2000

mgs2000.jpg

gf4.jpg

It's STILL not yet complete. I've got about 300 layers left to play with, so I want to make the best of them. hopefully, it'll turn out okay.

OH MY ****ING GAWD

I'll pay you whatever you want man!!!

PLEASEEEE

edit: check pm

AZ Greg

dfyb said:

cool cars though

:lol So transparent.

m0dus said:
The one I posted before was just the scrap-table.

Here is the (nearly complete) Gray Fox MGS-2000

mgs2000.jpg

gf4.jpg

It's STILL not yet complete. I've got about 300 layers left to play with, so I want to make the best of them. hopefully, it'll turn out okay.

Awesome work!

Should be grabbing my copy next week, looking forward to putting in some work with the editor.

tuco11

These paint jobs rule. I am considering picking this game up. I need to know. Is it possible just to become an auction house car collector? I could care less about upgrading my own car I just want to buy some of these awesome paint job cars. Meaning can I make enough money inthe game without really upgrading?

thanks

tuco11 said:
These paint jobs rule. I am considering picking this game up. I need to know. Is it possible just to become an auction house car collector? I could care less about upgrading my own car I just want to buy some of these awesome paint job cars. Meaning can I make enough money inthe game without really upgrading?

thanks

It would be really difficult I think, to be honest, especially considering the prices some of the best ones are going for. Your best bet would be to maybe find a niche in livery editing that might work as a steady source of income (like a ridiculously easy LOST livery) and that would allow you to buy cars without having to go too far into career mode.

But most likely the only way you'd be able to scrounge up the money is by playing through the game, unless you find an "investor" willing to gift you a ridiculously awesome car that you could then auction to cover most if not all of your collecting career.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is it possible to make copies of cars? Like I really suck at anything where art is required, but maybe someone could make/gift me a nice car in exchange for sexual favors something?

Narag

dfyb said:

cool cars though

Other two threads stay bumped due to constant posting. This allows people to see something fantastic that might otherwise sink to other pages. Its much less intimidating than the actual forza thread as well.

Quazar

Y2Kev said:
Is it possible to make copies of cars? Like I really suck at anything where art is required, but maybe someone could make/gift me a nice car in exchange for sexual favors something?

Yea, I'd love a Mistwalker CTS. I simply dont have the skills.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Its amazing what can be done with simple shapes. I'm guessing the Livery (however its spelt) Editor has a freehand tool/brush? I so want to get this game now and start designing some exteriors.

That 300 one (in regards to detail) is on a whole other level

BlueTsunami said:
Its amazing what can be done with simple shapes. I'm guessing the Livery (however its spelt) Editor has a freehand tool/brush? I so want to get this game now and start designing some exteriors.

That 300 one (in regards to detail) is on a whole other level

nope, shapes, gradients, transparencies, skewing etc.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I checked the first few links and they all seem driving related. How to tweak stuff and do brakes and that stuff. Eh.

I want to know how the editor works. These are all done with squares and rectanges and freehand brushes on an analog stick?

r u sirius?

Quazar

Y2Kev said:
I checked the first few links and they all seem driving related. How to tweak stuff and do brakes and that stuff. Eh.

I want to know how the editor works. These are all done with squares and rectanges and freehand brushes on an analog stick?

r u sirius?

:lol :lol :lol

I dont understand it at all. I can not imagine how long it takes people to do these.

Sean

Banned
I bought Forza 2 just to play with the car customization stuff. I sucked at the actual racing in the demo, and unfortunately i suck at creating/painting the cars too. :lol

I'm very impressed at the car designs I've seen so far. Dunno how people can do that with just shapes. The Wind Waker car looks amazing.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Sean said:
I bought Forza 2 just to play with the car customization stuff. I sucked at the actual racing in the demo, and unfortunately i suck at creating/painting the cars too. :lol

I'm very impressed at the car designs I've seen so far. Dunno how people can do that with just shapes. The Wind Waker car looks amazing.

I just don't get some people. Sure, some of the cars look cool and its cool to see that stuff on cars, but buying the game for it? The best racing game ever and people just want to play with a brushless paint.

On a related note, I stand by "the windwaker" is best so far. The metal gear face though, wow. Like I said, i'd rather just pull out the tablet and paint it for 6 hours than draw it in the game =\. Modus is ****ing incredble.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
It would be hilarious if Peter Moore is racing Online with one of his alt accounts and the "Things Break" car speeds on by him :lol

HokieJoe

Narag said:
Other two threads stay bumped due to constant posting. This allows people to see something fantastic that might otherwise sink to other pages. Its much less intimidating than the actual forza thread as well.

Yeah, but this thread means that both threads may sink out of sight. Better to leave it all in one thread IMO. There's nothing wrong with looking at a few user created masterpieces while reading the BAMFFT.

</shrug>

Top Bottom