• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WARIO LAND: THE SHAKE DIMENSION

Rlan

2rhr62q.jpg

That's all.

Incidentily.. they've specified that this is a retail game, right? Because it got put up the same time as PLATTCHEN - TWIST 'N' PAINT and HOMESTAR RUINER which are Wii Ware titles.

Jonnyram

Ooh new company, in Kobe, headed by the guy who used to run Konami Kobe branch :O

Capndrake said:
That's not the retail boxart - it even has the release date in the bottom corner :/

Tenbatsu

Hmm, its been developed by Good Feel apparently, went to check their corporate profile, its a game making company. Established in 3rd Oct 2005

So Nintendo not making it... hype -1. Still I'll get it, I liked Wario World so my standards for console Wario aren't super high. With that said, I hope Nintendo develops Wario Land 5 internally in the foreseeable future.

Olaeh

Too small to see anything but from what I can see, I'm liking the retro look of this. The artstyle.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tenbatsu said:
Hmm, its been developed by Good Feel apparently, went to check their corporate profile, its a game making company. Established in 3rd Oct 2005
It's not Nintendo either then? Well, this just went from my day 1 list to my maybe list. I don't know who the developer is, hopefully they can do much much better than Suzac!

AniHawk said:
CEO is Shigeharu Umezaki, who worked on Mystical Ninja at Konami
That's good! Is he working on this game him-self? Looks like he went from being a programmer to an executive producer at Konami.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
jj984jj said:
It's not Nintendo either then? Well, this just went from my day 1 list to my maybe list. I don't know who the developer is, hopefully they can do much much better than Suzac!.
The story of every decent 3rd party wii game :)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Leezard said:
"People don't buy games not made by Nintendo."
I certainly do, but this is a Nintendo published game, it has nothing to do with 3rd parties if Nintendo's the one losing the money. :lol

RagnarokX

Dascu said:
In the top left of that oval... is that Captain Syrup? And the enemy Wario is shaking around, is that a Pirate Goom? :eek:
Well the game info page mentioned something about pirates if you trust the google translation.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
jj984jj said:
I certainly do, but this is a Nintendo published game, it has nothing to do with 3rd parties if Nintendo's the one losing the money. :lol
Yeah I want being specific to this game. I was just "cracking wise" about Nintendo fans in general. Don't matter cuz I'm just as guilty...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
AniHawk said:
Next month in Japan.

And not much longer after Brawl for Europe/Australia. NA probably the same time or sluggers for them, we get one NA gets the other perhaps. But that second bit is just a guess.

Holy shit it's in full 2D, when I learned it was a retail game I thought it would be a shitty 2.5D, but now I'm pretty hyped.

I can't wait for more details, and impressions, let's just hope that it doesn't suck like Wario the Thief.

[Nintex]

VOOK said:
And not much longer after Brawl for Europe/Australia. NA probably the same time or sluggers for them, we get one NA gets the other perhaps. But that second bit is just a guess.
So when will we see/hear more about this game?

Koren

Allan Holdsworth said:
So Nintendo not making it... hype -1.
Yes but people behind Mystical Ninja means hype +1 at least... Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on N64 is with Klonoa the last "2D-style" platformers I played, and it was really really good. 2-players coop (and 4-players coop), full of ideas, and with some levels difficult enough to be a bit challenging.

While on the opposite, I've seen very few 2D platformers from Nintendo studios recently, especially on console side. Isn't the last one Yoshi Story ?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
[Nintex] said:
So when will we see/hear more about this game?

No idea, but if recent announcments are anything to go by with Nintendo Australia. We'll find out at least the day before. :lol

AniHawk

Koren said:
Yes but people behind Mystical Ninja means hype +1 at least... Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on N64 is with Klonoa the last "2D-style" platformers I played, and it was really really good. 2-players coop (and 4-players coop), full of ideas, and with some levels difficult enough to be a bit challenging.

While on the opposite, I've seen very few 2D platformers from Nintendo studios recently, especially on console side. Isn't the last one Yoshi Story ?

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Go out and buy it now. It's 15 bucks and it's awesome (made by the Super Mario Galaxy crew)

Nintendo should really hide when they use outside development companies to work on their IPs. People seem to hold weird grudges when anyone other than EAD or IS makes a game using a Nintendo character.

They should just wait until the review scores come in and then reveal the developer.

[Nintex]

ShockingAlberto said:
Nintendo should really hide when they use outside development companies to work on their IPs. People seem to hold weird grudges when anyone other than EAD or IS makes a game using a Nintendo character.

They should just wait until the review scores come in and then reveal the developer.
I think they are hiding enough as it is. Also, wouldn't you be angry if you made an awesome game and Nintendo said that EAD made it? Not everyone is TOSE.

TreIII

Ah, so it's NOT Treasure eh? Good for the fact that it means that they're still technically two games in the works...interesting for the prospects of this game.

But hey, if it's from the same guy/guys who brought me Goemon, I don't think have any real reason to be apprehensive just yet. My Hype Level is non-plussed from what I stated a week ago, and it's still a Day 1 purchase! :D

Koren said:
Yes but people behind Mystical Ninja means hype +1 at least

Truth. Being a legitimate Wario Land title alone is enough to bring the hype up to "pre-ordering this, barring some unlikely gamebreaking flaw," but if people who worked on Mystical Ninja worked on this, then that's all the more reason to be hopeful/excited.

jarrod

Banned
Er, the good Goemon guys were with KCEO, they did the N64 games... KCEK did the crappy PS/PS2 games iirc. :/

ex-Konami is great, but I'd like to know more about which ex-Konami staff this is first. Hopefully SPD is heavily involved...

edit: looked it up Umezaki was indeed with KCEK (so no, he wasn't behind MNSG or GGA). He worked on the SNES Goemons though.

Dubble

If Captain Syrup is in this as well as the Pirate Gooms, it's all 2D, **AND** its done by one of the good Goemon teams then I will be all over this game like white on rice. :lol

EDIT: Also - the 2D Goemon games for PS was pretty decent - not N64 quality but on par with the earlier Goemon SNES games. It was the 3D PS and PS2 Goemon games that were garbage

TreIII

jarrod said:
Er, the good Goemon guys were with KCEO, they did the N64 games... KCEK did the crappy PS/PS2 games iirc. :/

ex-Konami is great, but I'd like to know more about which ex-Konami staff this is first. Hopefully SPD is heavily involved...

If I remember correctly, weren't at least some of the guys who would eventually make up "KOBE" also were behind a number of the Super Famicom games, as well? At the least, another worthy thing to mention (in the area of 2D gaming) was that KOBE was responsible for CV: Circle of the Moon. If enough people from that project are on board here, then that's just all the more reason for me to be a-ok with these guys making a Wario game.

( <- LOVES CoTM :D)

I do agree that it's understandable that we need to perhaps get a better idea of what we're working with. But hey, even Treasure was an untested brand made up of Konami defectors, right? :D

Top Bottom