• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida can't promises The Last Guardian for 2013

toomuch73

From french website : http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/the-la...rometteur-last-guardian-2013-actu-520223.html

'JeuxVideo.fr : The Last Guardian is very anticipated in France. Can you confirm for our readers that the game will arrive well next year on PS3?

Shuhei Yoshida : No, sorry, I can not say that ... Because the last time we talked about a date for The Last Guardian, we finally disappointed many people. But I can tell you that the team is working hard on the project, including the engine. It is precisely because the teams working on the technical aspect of the game that we have nothing concrete to show you today. So now I'm waiting for the right time to introduce you to The Last Guardian and speak with confidence of a release date.'

Working on the engine...

tumblr_lxox5pm8AC1qzyfvyo1_500.gif

PS4 title. It's pretty much confirmed at this point.

Hopefully it will run well and look amazing next gen, as I fear it would be compromised this gen (just like SOTC was on PS2).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I like how everyone asks him every single time they interview him but in the end game will not sell. :-D

Why why why did they show it at E3 '09. Such a thrill to see the trailer back then, but knowing what I know now, I'd happily be completely unaware of this game's existence until it was in a finalised state.

At least Yosh is honest. I'm in a state of mind where I can accept that TLG isn't going to make it 2013 either.

Xav

Never buy tech based on future promises, buy it for what is available at the time of purchase

I pre-ordered a Wii U just for Rayman Legends and now the delayed has totally burned me. Yeah I know I'm an idiot. On the plus side the PS3 is a really good Blu Ray player, Disney stuff looks amazing.

I get the idea that Yoshida has no idea what to do with this game. Is like he has the music in mind, the world and the protagonist. But what to do about gameplay, and to convey the vision he has in mind about "emotions" is not translating well to him as a game designer...Curious how many reboots this game has gotten.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I get the idea that Yoshida has no idea what to do with this game. Is like he has the music in mind, the world and the protagonist. But what to do about gameplay, and to convey the vision he has in mind about "emotions" is not translating well to him as a game designer...Curious how many reboots this game has gotten.

You know his emotions so well, curiously you don't even know that Yoshida is the head of SCE WW Studios and not a game designer.

Except if you like Nintendo games. You have pretty much zero risk of being disappointed.
Obviously if you still like Nintendo after the Wii the post-purchase rationalization must be strong in you. Psychology to the rescue.

meta4

You know his emotions so well, curiously you don't even know that Yoshida is the head of SCE WW Studios and not a game designer.

lol.

Shuhei Yoshida : No, sorry, I can not say that ... Because the last time we talked about a date for The Last Guardian, we finally disappointed many people. But I can tell you that the team is working hard on the project, including the engine. It is precisely because the teams working on the technical aspect of the game that we have nothing concrete to show you today. So now I'm waiting for the right time to introduce you to The Last Guardian and speak with confidence of a release date.'

This is so a PS4 launch title...

Any PS3 game shouldn't require any more time (after the 5+ years they've already spent) writing engine & tech code...

Sounds like code for "we're porting all our engine & tech to PS4"

I don't even care anymore. It's really sad to see Studio Liverpool closing doors and these idiots are still working in the same game since...2006?

At this point, I just hope that the game won't be cancelled and won't suck. I wish the game will be out before the PS4/nextXbox will be out, so that it won't look too outdated. But if they decide to port it to PS4, I'm not sure if we'll be able to play the game before 2020!

Furoba

ICO: started as a PSX game, ended up on PS2
Wada: PS2 game tried to be next gen, eventually ended up on PS3.
Last Guardian: started as PS3 game; ending up on PS4?

Pretty clear pattern here.

StuBurns

Banned
ICO: started as a PSX game, ended up on PS2
Wada: PS2 game tried to be next gen, eventually ended up on PS3.
Last Guardian: started as PS3 game; ending up on PS4?

Pretty clear pattern here.
SotC is on PS2, yes it was ported to PS3, but so was Ico.

Empty

idk why people think a game most likely having huge technical struggles is going to waste even more time being brought onto a new platform. they missed the opportunity to cancel it too so i think it's still coming out on the ps3.

it'll definitely launch after the ps4 comes out though, like god of war 2 did with the ps3. who knows if it'll be any good.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lets face it this game is coming for ps4 and he cannot say that yet.

Top Bottom