• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors about the Wii (from 2ch)

farnham

Banned
unfounded... baseless rumors from 2ch... dont take em too seriously..

http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/...find=subject&ftext=%B7%E7%B8%D3&left=b&time=0

- From Software is developing a Kingsfieldesque 1 person action RPG on Wii

- Fire Emblem Wii has two parts... The first part is the original Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.. (IS did this with the SNES version of Fire Emblem.. i think it was called mystery of the emblem or something)

- Nights Wii

- Square Enix and Disney agreed to put the next Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo Consoles

- Swords of Legendia will be the first game of the Swords of series.. a Spinoff series of the Tales of series..

AniHawk

We've been hearing NiGHTS Wii rumors for-****ing-EVER. SOMEBODY CONFIRM IT GOD DAMMIT.

MasterMFauli said:
Make a KH1 and 2-compilation before releasing 3 on it >_<

KEYBLADE WAR

Memles

I would be hideously unimpressed if Fire Emblem is nothing but PoR + Extra Episodes. It better be PoR + Similarly sized quest.

Also, the switch for Kingdom Hearts would probably make sense at this point, no matter how baseless these rumours are. Considering that Disney itself is focusing on DS development (Spectrobes/Meteos Disney), it isn't a huge stretch.

AniHawk

Aw shit. They're gonna make Goddess of Dawn like Fire Emblem III? No wonder why it's coming out so quickly.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
AniHawk said:
We've been hearing NiGHTS Wii rumors for-****ing-EVER. SOMEBODY CONFIRM IT GOD DAMMIT.

Yeah, it's getting annoying.

Sega usually have their Private Show/Game Jam thing around March don't they, where they show their new stuff?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kingdom Hearts 3 is so far off. First they need to make the seemingly unimportant DS game that no one buys that sets up the entire story for 3.

x Maiku x

NiGHTS wii rumors need to die. Now. The most we will ever get is a port of the nights mini-game in Sega Superstars EyeToy or whatever it was. Nobody cared about that because it sucked, but if and when it's on the wii, it will be considered a masterpiece. :lol Sega will have redeemed themselves in teh eyes of GAF.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
farnham said:
- Fire Emblem Wii has two parts... The first part is the original Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.. (IS did this with the SNES version of Fire Emblem.. i think it was called mystery of the emblem or something)

I hope this is true because I haven't bought FE:poR yet and now maybe I don't have too.

farnham

Banned
AniHawk said:
Aw shit. They're gonna make Goddess of Dawn like Fire Emblem III? No wonder why it's coming out so quickly.

i beg to differ.. mystery of the emblem is still considered the best fire emblem by many fans.. (while hardcore fans love tracia 776)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, if Nintendo is going to steal anymore franchises, I hope that it is Kingdom Hearts...

I have always and will always detest those games. There are few games I hate as much as Kingdom Hearts...

From Software is developing a Kingsfieldesque 1 person action RPG on Wii
THAT would be sweet, though. King's Field was never about visuals and the Wii-mote might actually add to the game. Here's hoping!

farnham said:
unfounded... baseless rumors from 2ch... dont take em too seriously..

http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/...find=subject&ftext=%B7%E7%B8%D3&left=b&time=0

- Nights Wii

- Square Enix and Disney agreed to put the next Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo Consoles

- Swords of Legendia will be the first game of the Swords of series.. a Spinoff series of the Tales of series..
*yawn* All non-news...

- From Software is developing a Kingsfieldesque 1 person action RPG on Wii
Potential system seller for me!

AniHawk

jett said:
That KH rumor is totally bullshit.

But if it's true I swear to boycott every future Squeenix release, goddamn cocksuckers.

That shouldn't be hard, since everything from them will be on a Nintendo system anyway.

Nice edit, but NOT FAST ENOUGH.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
With such a great relationships that SE and Nintendo have right now, I won't surprised at all if KH games release on Nintendo platforms.

AniHawk

farnham said:
i beg to differ.. mystery of the emblem is still considered the best fire emblem by many fans.. (while hardcore fans love tracia 776)

Uh, I'm pretty sure people consider Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War (Fire Emblem IV) the best. Thracia 776 is the sequel to THAT game and considered the hardest in the series.

Dascu

Pfff... Nights Wii and Nintendo Kingdom Hearts are too unlikely, which, sadly, creates doubt about the other rumours as well.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Bit confused about Fire Emblem. Do they mean that if you buy the Wii game, you get both PoR and the next one in there on the disk? Or does it mean the Wii game is a direct sequel to PoR, a second part to it?

As for Kingdom Hearts...it sounds reasonable. The demographics seem to fit and they do seem to want to split their games across systems. Plus they wouldn't have to make a new engine.

NotWii

Banned
farnham said:
AWESOME!

Seems possible to me, since barely anyone played FE9 and it could really benefit from the new improvements they've done to the engine like more natural movement and better animations/effects.

And yes, they did a similar thing with Fire Emblem 3: Mystery of the Emblem, it contained Fire Emblem: The Dark Dragon and Sword of Light along with Fire Emblem 3's story since it connected, much like Path of Radiance and Goddess of Dawn will.

Jonnyram

GeoramA said:
Hope so. I want next-gen KH.
Why? It already looks better than 90% of the Disney cartoons out there.

Also, remember that interview where Miyamoto said that they were thinking of remaking some GC games for the Wii, with new controls and stuff... maybe that IS what's happening with FE.

farnham

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Bit confused about Fire Emblem. Do they mean that if you buy the Wii game, you get both PoR and the next one in there on the disk? Or does it mean the Wii game is a direct sequel to PoR, a second part to it?

As for Kingdom Hearts...it sounds reasonable. The demographics seem to fit and they do seem to want to split their games across systems. Plus they wouldn't have to make a new engine.

well this is how they did mystery of the emblem

the first fire emblem ever was fire emblem the dark dragon and the sword on NES..(marth is the main character)

this game got a remake on the SNES and a sequel.. all crammed into one cartridge...

the main game and the sequel were sized about the same..

Haunted

jett said:
That KH rumor is totally bullshit.
But if it's true I swear to boycott every future Squeenix release, goddamn cocksuckers.
I can smell your fear - 2chan FUD FTW :)

I think it's unlikely, if only because DQ was the bigger megat0n already and I doubt Sony would let this go as well. I just can't see it happen.

KH on Nintendo consoles seems like the most financially sound thing for SE/Disney to do. The Wii is going to attract a lot of casual gamers and smaller kids, and the ability to swing the key sword with the Wii controller while playing Donald Duck should entise millions.

Dascu

Mama Smurf said:
FE Wii is a direct sequel to PoR. According to this rumour, FE Wii would also include PoR in the game, because the 2 games are so closely related.

NotWii

Banned
AniHawk said:
Or maybe because they're reusing the FE9 engine...
Remember how quickly IS pumped out FE games for the GBA once Advance Wars (same engine basically) was done?

AniHawk said:
Uh, I'm pretty sure people consider Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War (Fire Emblem IV) the best. Thracia 776 is the sequel to THAT game and considered the hardest in the series.
Yep. FE4 is my favourite <3

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the fire emblem rumour is interesting.

couldn't care less about KH

farnham

Banned
AniHawk said:

Seisen no Keifu.... ??? hard to say personally.. i think mystery of the emblem was better

Top Bottom