• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AssistanceGAF: My PS3 thinks Wipeout HD is a PSP game

Shtof

krY43.png

This is the screen I get when I try to install it. This game is only for PS3, right?

If I pick yes, I'll get the "Connect your handheld device with a USB cable and start content manager". If I pick no, it goes back to the XMB.

I want to play the game on my PS3, btw.

Maybe has something to do with the Vita. The contents can be used in wipeout 2048. Also, you mentioned content manager, which is a vita thing.

Takao

Banned
a few weeks ago someone was claiming it was a psp game

Seriously though, that's bizarre. Maybe something went loopy as WipEout HD/Fury can be transfered to Vita for additional tracks in 2048? I would try redownloading it.

Looks like it's a full game trial from PS Plus.

Another random Plus related bug, maybe? I remember when they gave Shatter away anyone who had previously downloaded the full game trial couldn't actually play it properly or get trophies because it just kept renewing the trial.

Shtof

Another random Plus related bug, maybe? I remember when they gave Shatter away anyone who had previously downloaded the full game trial couldn't actually play it properly or get trophies because it just kept renewing the trial.

Yeah, shouldn't be anything like that, this was the Wipeout we got for free after the PSN hack, and I already installed it on my old 80 gb PS3 and it worked fine. Now, I just got a new Super Slim and got Wipeout HD from my download list.

BibiMaghoo

I'm fairly sure the full game is a little bigger than that.

Is it the trial version?

Suppose that shouldn't matter though, very odd.

Edit. Why does the bubble have something behind it?

What makes you say that?

Shtof

I'm fairly sure the full game is a little bigger than that.

Is it the trial version?

Suppose that shouldn't matter though, very odd.

Edit. Why does the bubble have something behind it?

That might be a PS+ Full Game Trial mark or something? Anyone able to confirm.

That might be a PS+ Full Game Trial mark or something? Anyone able to confirm.

It isn't. I got the exact same icon with Killzone Liberation, when I downloaded it the other day. Coincidently (or not), I got it (Killzone Liberation) from the hack freebies as well.

Edit: Okay, I can confirm that all my hack freebies have that icon now. I'll try downloading LBP and see if it fucks up when I try to install it.

Shtof

It isn't. I got the exact same icon with Killzone Liberation, when I downloaded it the other day. Coincidently (or not), I got it (Killzone Liberation) from the hack freebies as well.

Edit: Okay, I can confirm that all my hack freebies have that icon now. I'll try downloading LBP and see if it fucks up when I try to install it.

Okay. I finally got my PSP up and running but was unable to install the game. Got some random error code. So now I'll try redownloading it, but it has the same weird icon, so it probably won't work.

Have you got the new PS Store? SCEE could've fucked up yet another thing when integrating it with the current service. If it happens again, contact Sony support.

Okay yeah, I can confirm that all the PSN hack freebies have the same problem. LBP and Dead Nation are telling me they're PSP games.

BibiMaghoo

I have never seen that mark on any bubble since launch. Either that is related to the new store - which I do not have - or something is wrong with the download.

In case anyone missed my edit above, the problem appears to occur with all the PSN hack freebies. Same exact thing happened to Dead Nation. Looks like SCEE definitely fucked them up during the store switch over (shocking news), this time to a group of people they'd already fucked over before.

Shtof

In case anyone missed my edit above, the problem appears to occur with all the PSN hack freebies. Same exact thing happened to Dead Nation. Looks like SCEE definitely fucked them up during the store switch over (shocking news), this time to a group of people they'd already fucked over before.

How do we make'em fix it? Tried posting at the Community forum but no response so far.

Benedict

I'm having the same problem.

edit:
I downloaded Wipeout HD before the store changed and it works fine.
After the store changed I tried to download Fury, and it's that title I have a problem with.
So something surely went wrong in the switch.

I had to remove the games from my HDD before doing a switch to a larger HDD and then redownloading them again when I had switched. . I had purchased the games a long time before this happened.

This is in EU, Sweden.

Shtof

Maybe a few other people could try to download the PSN freebies and check if it's a widespread problem? Maybe report location aswell. I think only the new store is affected.

Whilst it shouldn't be there, that bar beside the icon is in fact the countdown timer that Sony use on game trials and video rentals from the store.

Shtof

I'm having the same problem.

edit:
I downloaded Wipeout HD before the store changed and it works fine.
After the store changed I tried to download Fury, and it's that title I have a problem with.
So something surely went wrong in the switch.

I had to remove the games from my HDD before doing a switch to a larger HDD and then redownloading them again when I had switched. . I had purchased the games a long time before this happened.

This is in EU, Sweden.

So it's not a hack freebie, you actually paid for the game? And is it working now?

Got the same issue with Infamous, which I believe I got as part of the welcome back program. Downloaded a 7 gig file, and it's apparently a PSP game. Only get the option to copy to my PSP, not to install it.

Gadirok

Yeah, I already tried, I get an error message.

It would have been so awesome if it turned into WipEout Pulse. I loved that game, its still my favourite WipEout. Prefer it way more than 2048 (which is still a solid game with great graphics but I felt that Pulse brought so many things in while retaining great gameplay).

What makes you say that?

The orange time bar mark on the left of the bubble, it signifies a PS+ full game trial or some sort of rental.

Weird how it's messing up like that. I'd imagine it is just a hiccup with the new Store, hopefully it will be sorted out soon. I'd contact customer support in the meantime.

Shtof

Some smart guy at the EU community forum seems to have found a solution, we can just go to Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List, where we find the good old download list.

I'm downloading atm and the full game unlock installed right away and the download looks good so for, no weird PS+ bubble. Happy gaming!

Edit: WipeOut HD is now alive and kicking on my PS3!

Top Bottom