• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast 2 coming April 25, Outlast Trinity will collect all three games

Endless

8uUgs7M4

jVs0nXVE

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Red Barrels Enter Worldwide Retail Distribution Agreement for Outlast Trinity

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Red Barrels today announced a worldwide distribution agreement for Outlast Trinity, a physical bundle that packages the upcoming Outlast 2 with Outlast and Outlast Whistleblower downloadable content. Outlast Trinity will be available on the 25th of April for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and PC, the same day Outlast 2 launches on digital platforms worldwide.

“Red Barrels has made a name for itself in the survival horror genre with the original Outlast game,” said Kevin Kebodeaux, Senior Vice President, Sales, Americas, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working closely with this great group of developers to bring Outlast Trinity to gamers around the world.”

"We've been lucky to have such an amazing fan base, and none of this would have been possible without their support," said Co-Founder Philippe Morin, Red Barrels. "Ever since we released Outlast in 2013, a physical version has been one of the top requests, so we're obviously thrilled to finally give people the entire series in one bundle of terror."

The sequel to the original critically acclaimed game, Outlast 2 is a twisted new journey into the depths of the human mind and its dark secrets. Blake Langermann, a cameraman working with his wife Lynn, must take risks and dig deep to uncover the stories no one else will dare touch. As the two follow a trail of clues that started with the seemingly impossible murder of a pregnant woman known only as Jane Doe, the investigation leads them miles into the Arizona desert to a darkness so deep that no one could shed light upon it, and a corruption so profound that going mad may be the only sane thing to do.

The original Outlast game released in 2013 and takes place in the remote mountains of Colorado where horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long abandoned home for the mentally ill, Mount Massive Asylum was recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, and has been operating in strict secrecy. Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science, religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

Outlast Whistleblower is DLC that tells the story before and after the events of Outlast to show the final chapter in Mount Massive Asylum’s story. Players take on the role of Waylon Park, a software engineer under contract with Murkoff, who identifies with the poor souls housed in the facility. Fuelled by his anger, the stage is set for the unmasking of Mount Massive's rotten core.

Anung

Un Rama
Looking forward to it. If the the jump in quality is anything like the improvements from Outlast to Whistleblower this could be something really special. Going to grab a psychical copy.

Looks a bit like a RE7 clone though
OH SHIT I WENT THERE

Tonky

Not sure if I should pick Trinity up and marathon through the games. Feel like I'd get used to the horror elements pretty quickly and then it wouldn't be entertaining anymore.

TMC

Looking forward to this. Really wish it had VR support though. I need more of this after playing RE7.

Gaplanet

Does Whistleblower count as a separate game? Is it that long?

It is story DLC for the first game and not really that long. If Outlast lasts about 5-6 hours, Whistleblower is 2 hours.

Sad to see Outlast II delayed yet again, but I am still eager to get it in my hands.

SomTervo

I'm starting to see delays as a good thing. I trust these guys and really looking forward to the game.

Think it's a bit cheeky Whistleblower is counted as part of a trilogy. It was good but didn't add much, imo.

Does this mean they'll be moving past Outlast after this?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This is like the third thread where I read it as "Outcast 2" and got extremely excited.

Anyhow, add another one requesting a PSVR port!

I will say that as much as Outlast + Whistleblower are fantastic horror, after Resi 7 Red Barrels are going to have to up the ante for the sequel a lot further than what they showed in the Outlast II demo .

Not sure if I should pick Trinity up and marathon through the games. Feel like I'd get used to the horror elements pretty quickly and then it wouldn't be entertaining anymore.

You're probably right. I tried playing Whistleblower right after the original game and didn't get very far as it was very much more of the same and I just felt I was going through the motions. Went back to it a while later and enjoyed it a lot more, as the familiarity had worn off.

SomTervo

I will say that as much as Outlast + Whistleblower are fantastic horror, after Resi 7 Red Barrels are going to have to up the ante for the sequel a lot further than what they showed in the Outlast II demo .

Yep, i don't envy them at all.

The boots they have to fill just exploded in size

Carnby

Ive emailed Red Barrel multiple times asking for a retail version... I'll be buying two copies.

Wagram

I didn't know this existed (never played an Outlast), but it seems really well priced? It's only $40. How much is Outlast 2? It's a new game isn't it?

$30 for all 3, $20 for Outlast 2.

Whoa, didn't realize this was so cheap. Is it supposed to be super short? First one seemed a decent length.

So...this is out in a week still, right? Seems very quiet on the news and hype fronts.

Was about to make a thread on this, barely any hype at all. Granted this is one of the most packed quarters in years but surprised at how little push this is getting. Budget seems decent. Forgot it was coming out so soon until I saw it on upcoming releases on MC.

Ashtar

Woah only 20 bucks? That's pretty nice I should beat whistle blower though maybe this weekend turn out the lights

So...this is out in a week still, right? Seems very quiet on the news and hype fronts.
It's sort of a niche game (mid budget horror), so it was never going to get heavy advertising. I imagine the devs/pub are going to rely on word of mouth and streamers when the time comes.

As for the hype, I loved Outlast 1 and Whistleblower so I'm about as excited as I could be (other than wishing this supported VR).

Top Bottom