• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

wedca

Mechanica is appealing: top-notch ahoge, spunky and bright personality, and an old-school mech. Also, I like that they can get her out of the mech for some contrast.

Barq has excellent mascot character potential.

Also, kudos to the Neiteio for putting great pictures in the OP, really elevated the thread.

It is funny how everyone was stanning Ribbon Gurl but she's no longer the hotness, I still think she's cool, and similarly I really like Spring Man's colour scheme.

Actually, she initially was my favorite fighter before Twintelle
I tend to gravitate towards the more girly/feminine aesthetics in games.

At least her theme is really awesome, that's the one she's got over Twintelle for me. lol

jdstorm

Banned
Best

Minmin
Helix - its flubber cosplaying LMFAO. Whats not to love

Good

Master Mummy
Mechanica
Ribbon Girl

OK
Springman
Ninjara - is it just me or does he look like an inkling?

Meh
Bark/Bite
Kid Cobra
Twintelle - its called Arms, not Hair.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Brb, looking for the quite the fan art following thread for ARMS...

Seriously, I wasn't feeling this game until I saw these trailers.

Looking forward to getting a Switch one day.

Randomizer

MinMin is the my favourite design. But I also love Ribbon Girl, Spring Man and Byte & Barq. The rest are still pretty great. Game has extremely impressive art design. The gameplay looks fun too but I'm not entirely sold on it. The announcement of free updates with extra content, ala Splatoon, is fantastic as the game seems somewhat content-lite at launch.

I really like Helix. I'm a sucker for gummy-looking characters.

I doubt I'll ever play this but gotta say they're some damn fun character designs.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Twintelle without a doubt, she's so glamorous.
I love the ways she walks, and the poses are killer (her whole attitude is just awesome).
Plus I love the high heels and white + pink combo in her hair!
Also, I've always loved characters who weaponize their hair (like Sedusa from Powerpuff Girls)
OuO

An honorable mention goes to Byte & Barq because I love the color scheme and robots are dope.
Its hard for me to dislike robot characters.
I think twintelle might be your spirit animal lol

phanphare

Banned
Meh
Twintelle - its called Arms, not Hair.

giphy.gif

jdstorm

Banned
I love Twintelle. I'm going to main her (as soon as I find a Switch).

I hope people don't start complaining about not being able to 'relate'.

Just realised the optics on that statement. Whoops.

Its mainly just the Hair thing that bothers me. If Twintelle had ARMS coming out of her Shoulder sockets she would be in my top tier for sure.

Village

TWINTELLE

"Oh hey, we just made a black girl with white hair, hair powers and chaos control. And she looks dope as fuck.This is for you village, this is specifically for you. Here you go "

Gsnap

Hard to say. Most of them fall into that classic kind of cartoon aesthetic from various influences like astroboy, as well as being influenced by classic video game cartoon art, like mega man. Some of them I don't really care for in still images, like kid cobra, but they all look great in motion. I guess if I did top four in no order it'd be mechanica, min min, ninjara, and byte and barq. Though on another day spring man might take that byte and barq slot.

molnizzle

Came in here ready to talk about waifu Twintelle but then I got a better look at the robot dog. Shit. Nintendo crushin it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Min Min is easily the strongest design for me. The dragon/noodle arm goes well with her outfit and the hair/hat looking like an upside down bowl of ramen is seriously fantastic.

LotusHD

Banned
Twintelle looks amazing, but damn it, I have to admit Min Min slightly beats her, the whole motif with her hair being noodles, her beanie, etc. Her design is just clearly very well thought out. But yea, these two are definitely the best out of the bunch.

Everyone else is alright, with Kid Cobra being kind of lame to me.

1st tier:
Min min

2nd tier:
Twintelle
Helix
Kid Cobra

3rd tier:
Master Mummy
Byte & Barq
Ninjara

4th tier:
Spring man
Ribbon Girl
Mechanica

A lot of these designs seem straight out of 90's cartoons and other various media. Splatoon gave off a slight 90's feel to its style as well.

jnWake

I very honestly think they all look cool. Ribbon Girl and Mechanica are probably the lamest ones IMO.

Anyway, in terms of favorite it's hard. Helix cracks me up with his silly animations. Kid Cobra looks good too. Minmin has a really nice concept too. I guess I'll go with the Cobra.

AdanVC

I'm in love with the designs of each character. Nintendo really nail it on this area. I want to invite the ARMS character design team a beer.

But my top three so far are:

3.- Heelix,
2.- Min Min
1.- Twintelle aka Nintendo's very own Bayonetta. Damn <3

Top Bottom