• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 is now the Most Awarded game of all time. (Currently at 251 awards)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So as you all recall I made a thread a while back noting that TW3 had won over 166 GOTY awards. Well with the VERY recent GDC award thread. I decided to give it another look. And TW3 is now looking at 251 GOTY awards, making it the most awarded of all time, (TLOU ended at 249)

http://gotypicks.blogspot.com/

siklM3.gif

Congrats to CD Projekt Red.

EDIT:To clarify

2015 had 429 awards
2013 had 523 awards

So Witcher is even farther ahead if you normalise it.

Micerider

Well, after a year (or close) I can still say that it's in good standing in my Top 5 of all time so I see it as well deserved. Can't wait for Blood and Wine.

Wagram

It's pretty sad i'm looking forward to an expansion more than most games this year. Is it Blood and Wine time yet? :(

dc89

Well deserved.
Still in Novigrad and the game has done nothing but boggle my mind with the quality of its writing and quest design.

I'm playing through the game for the first time and I'm will in Novigrad too.
After some 27 hours.

It's an amazing game.

It has the award of my heart. <3
Well deserved.

It's pretty sad i'm looking forward to an expansion more than most games this year. Is it Blood and Wine time yet? :(
Nothing sad about wanting to see a beautiful story keep going. And yeah, we're going to need a date for Blood and Wine
and another for the first patch that will fix everything that's broken at launch.

I think it's the biggest achievement yet, in terms of what it set out to do

so; deserved.
Exactly. I remember seeing that overview trailer a month before it launched and thinking they had to be overselling it. It turns out they delivered way beyond that. It's a rare sight.

jfoul

It's such a great game. I just got done with Hearts of Stone yesterday, and it was excellent. I'm really looking forward to Blood and Wine, it's going to be huge.

Shaanyboi

Banned
FINALLY forced myself to investigate Skellige after doing everything I reasonably can in Novigrad/Valen while being appropriately leveled.

Yeah, it's a great fucking game.

Even with my dumb-ass horse

12141657_10153592949433732_4254128452463003856_n.jpg

scoobs

Best game I've ever played. Most engrossing world, best characters, best story, best questing, best conversation trees, incredible graphics and sound design, soundtrack, etc. The list goes on. It deserves every single award and praise thrown at it.

Is it crazy that I'm more excited for the next DLC for this game than any actual new game this year? Like it isn't even close.

AHA-Lambda

Good, more deserving of such an accolade than TLOU imo

This game is going to rewrite the book on how open world games should be done for years to come.

Not that the game doesn't deserve it, but this comparison is kinda pointless if you look at the awards they list there. It feels like everyone with a web address can issue a reward that will appear there.
Who knows how many awards apeared in the 2013 list and how many there were this year

Randdalf

Not that the game doesn't deserve it, but this comparison is kinda pointless if you look at the awards they list there. It feels like everyone with a web address can issue a reward that will appear there.
Who knows how many awards apeared in the 2013 list and how many there were this year

It would be appropriate to normalise the award count by number of awards given out that year, which I think would be a fairer comparison.

The guys at CDPR must be incredibly proud.
This game has re-written the book on making a masterpiece open world RPG.

Just started Hearts of Stone DLC and all it's done is push TW3 even higher in my best games of all time list.

Best game I've ever played. Most engrossing world, best characters, best story, best questing, best conversation trees, incredible graphics and sound design, soundtrack, etc. The list goes on. It deserves every single award and praise thrown at it.

Is it crazy that I'm more excited for the next DLC for this game than any actual new game this year? Like it isn't even close.

Nailed it ALL.

Deserves every single one of it. I'm ready for Cyberpunk 2077 to blow my freaking mind.

Another sign for averages decreasing: TLOU, previous most awarded- avg 95, TW3, current most awarded- avg 92.

Heck, just look at GTAIV (98, lol) vs TLOU (95).

Gurish

Another sign for averages decreasing: TLOU, previous most awarded- avg 95, TW3, current most awarded- avg 92.

dlauv

Good. This game schools other AAA in C&C and balancing quality and quantity, and is a perfect example to build on.

It really was last year's GOTY. Nothing else comes even close.

I am looking forward to Blood & Wine, and even more forward to replaying it bug-free and complete in 4K, 120fps and with VR technology, some time in the future.

MicSte79

Neo Member
I am one of the very few that really didn't enjoy the Witcher 3.

I found the combat really bad after playing so much Dark Souls. Geralt felt floaty and he ran around far too quickly.

It all felt - I dunno, messy. And a bit boring. I really don't understand all of the accolades it has receieved but each to their own.

We almost made it to the end of one page without Souls combat getting mentioned. Almost.

Anyway, this is well deserved. Witcher 3 is an amazing experience. Really looking forward to 2077 now.

Phinor

I'd guess TW3 has most GOTY awards because there are more eligible sites handing out awards than there was even a year or two ago. Also that site is gaining popularity so more and more sources are being reported to that site. In fact it's still missing a ton of sites and magazines that should easily qualify.

However, the world will never be the same after Dragon Age Inquisition and 2014. I'm never going to believe anyone voted that as the best game of the year not to mention it winning the most GOTY awards that year.

Hip Hop

Enjoyed it enough to play for about 2 to 3 hours at launch and that was it.

I really need to give it another go, it wasn't really an honest try at the game.

Vintage

Took me half a year to finish the game, spent around 100 hours and it kept impressing me how good it is every time.

Congratulations.

Keasar

Absolutely deserved by CD Project Red. No other modern game comes close to their attention to detail, writing, content and overall satisfactory feel. It's not perfect, but no game is, even Dark Souls runs around with some big flaws.

I can't be any more hyped for what they will do with Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom