• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singularity |OT| - Anyone? No?

MacBosse

Singularity_360_front_flat.jpg

Platforms: X360, PS3 and PC

Developer: Raven (previous games include Wolfenstein and X-men Origins Wolverine). http://www.ravensoft.com/

Story: As players attempt to unravel a conspiracy, they must fight their way through an ever-shifting environment, haunted with time-ravaged creatures and mysteries, while sudden time waves hurl them back and forth between 1950 and the present day. Use wits and the perfect weapon for the job - the Time Manipulation Device (TMD) - to unravel the conspiracy behind this timeline calamity and prevent its catastrophic spread.

Homepage for Singularity

Screenshots:
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Videos
Singularity Gameplay video 1 (YouTube)
Singularity Gameplay video 2 (YouTube)

Reviews:
Gamereactor Sweden: 9/10 (8 second opinion)
Eurogamer: 8/10

Metacritic 360
Metacritic PS3
Metacritic PC

Mac Bosse is a god damned pirate!

singularity.jpg

Soooo ... I'm the only one who is playing it right now? I just got it and played about 20 minutes of the first level. Reminds me of Bioshock actually. The enviroments are full of nice little details and audiologs, it helps bring the place to life.

So far its good, but Raven ... no subtitles option? The hell?

Anyone else playing? Anyone buying it? Anyone even knows it's been released in Europe? :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I dont think this comes out till the 29th officially

edit: Oh, hmm Europe? Broken street date or does it just come out sooner over there?

it's going to be released on tuesday if i remembered correctly, it reminds a bit of time shift except with monsters a better storyline. Imma getting it

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'd love to see some reviews of this, it looks solid but that alone doesnt really warrant a purchase for me.

But for those of you who played it, how is the controls and general "feel" to the game?

Activision must fucking despise Raven... Wolverine was better than it had any right to be, it sells decent, then they have no adverts for Wolfenstein and following it up with nothing for Singularity either, with a special thank you of having huge layoffs at the start of 2010 for the company.

Grrrrrrr

IMPRESSIONS:

(360 version)

-Nice graphics
-Gameplay feels solid and nice
-Story is well presented with cutscenes, flashbacks and notes and recording to pickup
-Game feels alot like Bioshock which is a good thing

Overall very impressed after 2 hours.
Would recomend.

Keyser Soze said:
Activision must fucking despise Raven... no adverts for Wolfenstein and nothing for Singularity and a huge layoff at the start of 2010 for the company.

Grrrrrrr

but they love GH................

Corky

TheVampire said:
IMPRESSIONS:

(360 version)

-Nice graphics
-Gameplay feels solid and nice
-Story is well presented with cutscenes, flashbacks and notes and recording to pickup
-Game feels alot like Bioshock which is a good thing

Overall very impressed after 2 hours.
Would recomend.

nice :D will buy now ^^ thanks

Keyser Soze said:
Activision must fucking despise Raven... Wolverine was better than it had any right to be, it sells decent, then they have no adverts for Wolfenstein and following it up with nothing for Singularity either, with a special thank you of having huge layoffs at the start of 2010 for the company.

Grrrrrrr
If this game is like Wolfenstein I don't want it anyway.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Damn, i remember hearing about this on the Bombcast a couple of times and thinking it sounded pretty cool.
Destined to fade into obscurity it would seem :/

Truant

I honestly think it looks pretty good for a summer shooter. Kinda like Prey. Nothing mindblowing, but a solid release.

Corky

spiderman123 said:
I don't want to buy this b/c of activision but I want to buy it b/c i love games like these mmmmmmmmmmmm decisions.

meh , fuck activision, support raven

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's Raven so I'm in.

After having Wolfenstein sent to die and now this I seriously hope they all jump ship and start up a new studio free of Activision though, it's really gotta suck being the bottom bitch with those fuckers.

Spookie

Corky said:
But for those of you who played it, how is the controls and general "feel" to the game?

It a copypasta of the MW2 engine slapped with a semi-Bioshock skin. It feels like a rehash of other peoples ideas.

Sorry Raven.

MacBosse

More fast impressions:

- Feels alot like Bioshock blended with the last Raven game Wolfenstein
- Guns feel weak, the gun is awful, the shotgun is kinda cool. There is a upgrade system for weapons
- Story seems alright, its told trough flashbacks and audiotapes
- Enemies are cool, they really setup the encounters in a cool way
- Enviroments are really nice done, alot of detail
- What looks like the main villain is truly the stereotype russian general kinda guy, but with a bearpelt cape (so evil)

I'm liking it so far. Will surely be recieved as Wolfenstein was. Too bad Activision just let it out to die. Raven makes solid games.

drkOne

Me!
But seriously, nice marketing… I had no idea this was out already. I was very interested in the game, but smh…
Amazon should only ship it tomorrow now :(

spiderman123 said:
I don't want to buy this b/c of activision but I want to buy it b/c i love games like these mmmmmmmmmmmm decisions.
Buy it used to destroy Activisions plans of gaining the world domination!

kuYuri

Spookie said:
It a copypasta of the MW2 engine slapped with a semi-Bioshock skin. It feels like a rehash of other peoples ideas.

Sorry Raven.

Singularity is on UE3, not sure how you're getting MW2 out of that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Strider2K99 said:

He was likely assuming it runs on the MW2 engine simply because Raven is an Activision studio.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Dutch Slayer said:
:lol

Yeah I mean if GAF does not know its out what the hell do you think that "general public"
knows its out?
Very poor job Activition

I've literally seen nothing of the game bar the threads on GAF. It's as though Activision are giving the game absolutely zero exposure.

Edit: Shit, double post.

Aon

I saw some RPS coverage like a year ago.

This seems bizarre, it was one of my most anticipated games.

flsh

Banned
I didn't know this was released already, I was sure it will only be released on the 29th.
Seeing how nobody knows a thing about it, I'll wait a month or two until it's inevitably very cheap. What the hell does Activision think? The company is really operated by a bunch of idiots...

Corky

maybe an embargo or perhaps they didnt even ship the game to reviewers :(

MMaRsu

Banned
The Dutch Slayer said:
:lol

Yeah I mean if GAF does not know its out what the hell do you think that "general public"
knows its out?
Very poor job Activition

He was laughing because it's a thread not a threat :lol

Spookie

Strider2K99 said:

Whhhhhhhhat? Colour me corrected then. It plays exactly like MW2, I mean feels exactly the same! :/

Apologies. :s

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Keyser Soze said:

Grrrrrrr
They also put their James Bond stealth game on hold in favor of having them make Call of Duty: Black Ops map packs.

I think they want this as an excuse to shut them down.

MacBosse

Spookie said:
Whhhhhhhhat? Colour me corrected then. It plays exactly like MW2, I mean feels exactly the same! :/

Apologies. :s

What are you smokin'? Feels like MW2?

Gimme some of that crazy stuff!

Top Bottom