• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I wish they would just release popular visual novels as books because I can't deal with the one sentence per page thing. The only VNs I've liked were Analogue and Hate Plus because you could read a lot of the text together. I played Cinders to a couple of endings but got very tired of it.

Automode exists for that very reason.

Knurek

Please elaborate.

You press (usually) A, and it just starts scrolling the text automatically.
No need to press Enter/click mouse after each text window.
(Most games also let you configure the text speed, so you can match it to your reading speed).

I think I might have a Paladins addiction :(

The game is fun, and playing it with friends makes it even more chaotic and fun.
Also it helps that I won't touch ranked with a 10 foot pole.

JCG

Maldita Castilla EX is mostly kicking my ass so far, but I am admittedly rusty at this type of game these days. The difficulty seems to reward skill rather than just being unfairly punishing though and it does feel nice to finally beat that damn worm boss after far too many tries. The fact that its visuals and music are all quite well done also helps. That said, I am totally going to get the worst ending my first time through.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Guys remember that SpeedRunners left early access last year, so don't forget to vote for it :)

Wok

jshackles, if a game was on early access before, but finally released this year, is it eligible for Steam GOTY?

It is eligible for GOTY but not for EAOTY.

Ha3o63V.png

KainXVIII

PRAISE BE TO CROM, CHIEFEST AND GRANDEST OF ALL GODS!
qVdYZvS.jpg

HAIL TO LORD GABEN, MAY HIS JOYOUS GIRTH AND RIGHTEOUS RULE OVER STEAM BE ETERNAL
2268711.jpg

HAIL TO FAIR LADY RONAN MAY HER SMILE AND GRACE STRENGTHEN THEE AS THY BACKLOG IS CLEARED!
rTjMxNw.jpg

NOW STEAMGAF ONCE AGAIN SEEKS AND FACES THE RIDDLE OF STEEL!

Wow!
vgif-ru-22089.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would have said no.

Ha3o63V.png

If a game released out of Early Access in 2016, it is eligible for the general "Game of the Year" vote, but not eligible for the "Early Access Game of the Year" vote. Sorry for any confusion.

Wok

If a game released out of Early Access in 2016, it is eligible for the general "Game of the Year" vote, but not eligible for the "Early Access Game of the Year" vote. Sorry for any confusion.

Alright, I was confused and thought we were talking about the EAOTY (Early Access of the year).

Wok

Spelunky does not click until it suddenly starts clicking.

Same with Dota2.

You need to try it again in a few weeks.

Nice to see Steam thread is cloistered away in the safer halls of Community. ALL HAIL V I D E O G A M E S

Wow, the last page has some great giveaways. Well done folks.

Spelunky isn't clicking for me. I don't like the feeling that I'm not making any progress in the game.

I enjoyed it enough on PS4 but I didn't get nearly far enough through the game it see even a sliver of the game's content. That's kind of the wager I make with buying rougelikes. I got through Zone 1 of Crypt of the Necrodancer after like 5 hours of play and I'm not sure I'll get any further. We'll see.

Berto

After finishing Abzû i'm now playing Inside (I'm actually playing stuff bought on this sale, crazy o_O) and I feel this is a much bigger improvement over Limbo than Abzû was in relation to Journey. The puzzles are extremely well blended with the environment, the art is beautiful and the oppressive Orwellian atmosphere is really well executed.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Spelunky does not click until it suddenly starts clicking.

yeah, you have to play spelunky for a while and start to see how it all connects to see the genius behind it...

but then...

truly one of the all time greats

xezuru

I'm so close the breaking through Towerclimb Chapter 2 and then on to the Yama run equivalent, but god damn it my hands and mind keep coming pixels short.

I feel like if headlanders art style wasn't so amazing then nobody would care about it

I'm still loving the ride though. About 2 hours in

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like if headlanders art style wasn't so amazing then nobody would care about it

I'm still loving the ride though. About 2 hours in

but nobody cares for it already :/

Zeknurn

Is Arma 3 on an older engine? Or just really well optimized? I am shocked that it runs so well on my laptop. Low to mid settings, but still, I also got Squad since I needed to scratch that tactical shooter itch and Squad could barely run for my specs. Probably because it's UE4.

But yeah Arma 3 is really cool. Finally got a headset for Christmas so I can actually do proper multiplayer in games now

You're probably the first to say that Arma 3 is really well optimized. It's usually regarded as the complete opposite. When you get into multiplayer you will notice that when there's a fair amount of AI and vehicles, it will quickly tank the server performance and with it the client performance.

kulapik

And I caved in.

GAME PUMP GAME PUMP GAME PUMP

Get ready for a LIT giveaway because I don't really care about that game

Could I at least get a 'PRAISE CROM!'?

Gotta tell you though Grief, I've got a good feeling about 2017. The BELIEF is strong mang.

I need only the blessings of Crom \m/
Good luck if you entered any of the games mate~

You get one for including two of the last three GOTYs on that.

PRAISE CROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom