• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Nah.

Nah. I'm plugging out. I've seen this defense too many goddamn times in the 2 years I've been a member of this site. There is no convincing a nazi. Those fuckers want people like me dead because I had the audience to be born dark. There is no "getting through" to that.

But yeah that's it, period. I am so thoroughly done with this argument. I'm peacing out of this thread.

combine42

Neo Member
You know, the cliche time travel story is always about someone going back in time to assassinate Hitler and stop World War II.

But it's clear now that the much more realistic scenario is someone going back in time to have an earnest conversation with Hitler about his views and try to see where he's coming from, in an effort to promote a more slow and cautious form of sociopolitical evolution.

Hey, the doctor who episode of that cliche is pretty good.

Fascist parties didn't just gain prominence and clout in Germany, in America the Silver Legion had over 15,000 registered members at it's height.

Then, FDR, shrewdly, realized "holy shit these people are fucking terrifying", his generals realized they were radicalizing segments of the population.

So they were outlawed and prosecuted.

Surprise, no more fascist party in the US!
I think that's a good thing but let's be careful about celebrating the House Un-American Activities Committee.

Like we haven't "just been talking to them" for 50+ god damn years to begin with.

We do that shit, we had a BLACK FUCKING PRESIDENT and less than a year later the KKK and the fucking nazi party go "nah it's cool we can come out into the open it's fine these libcucks won't do a god damn thing".

Hey, you remember all of the dank shit we did to dismantle the Black Panther Party?

Yeah, I don't see any of that being done to deal with Neo-Nazis.

So, yeah, because the government will not label them as a terrorist group, will not instruct law enforcement to fully investigate and disrupt their activities (not that they would, anyway), and generally refuse to wield the powers available to them to deal with the problem (hell, they won't even properly disavow them), I hereby fully advocate the fucking punching of Nazis.

And I don't mean lovetaps, knock some retinas loose. Leave someone getting their jaw wired. A concussion might actually make some of these twats smarter, anyway.

You want Nazis not to get punched so much? Contact your representatives and tell them to do something about this problem on an organized legal standing so it doesn't fall on Joe Shmoe to unload on a fascist. Not that the useless fucks will do anything.

MKIL65

3 people are dead.

And 1 almost got beaten to death... Near a police station.

But hey, let's still give nazis a platform!

Enzom21

Post history is your friend people. Check it, be unsurprised, keep it moving.
“Everyone here hates nazism.” Yeah okay, we believe you.

Race relations are better today because ideas of equality and liberty have more or less dominated the marketplace of ideas.

This isn't really accurate today, nor is it an accurate depiction of how our race relations got to where they are. Minority groups don't have access to more things today because of a dialogue with racists and Nazis; they have that access because several amenable federal administrations gave them that access at gunpoint through the National Guard and other law enforcement acts.

Sayad

Here's the picture of Senator Dean Heller with the Collage Republicans of UNR with the Nazi Peter Cvjetanovic.

20729501_10212287715580839_4745139464088529586_n.jpg
Oh! What are the chances they start wearing masks in the next rally?!

fauxtrot

Banned
I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but can anyone link me to a good recap of the events of the last few days? I have been so busy organizing with DSA that I haven't been able to get more than a handful of the details, though I just got back from a vigil/protest for those injured and killed. Thanks y'all.

The time for talk and discussion is over when you are actively seeking to kill or do me harm based on the color of my skin. People who have that mindset don't deserve the luxury of discussion, nor do they belong anywhere among a diverse society.

D i Z

The time for talk and discussion is over when you are actively seeking to kill or do me harm based on the color of my skin. People who have that mindset don't deserve the luxury of discussion, nor do they belong anywhere among a diverse society.

When did that happen? in the 1800's? I'm with you, but you have to take a moment to recognized that nothing has changed today. It's the same as it always was.

Okay? So because this happened you want to say that people with terrible ideas shouldn't be allowed to ever assemble or engage in discussion with someone?

Its not just saying you somehow have the onus to talk with Nazis. I still want the right to debate them and dissuade them from their perspective. People who want to actually make a difference cant do that if they're prohibited from even speaking their shitty views.

Is that what you think happened today? A group of misinformed individuals gathered to have a discussion about their viewpoints? With the intention to have a rational discussion, to which their viewpoints may be altered?

A woman was murdered by a terrorist, and lots of people were badly injured.

Now is not really the time to be taking some holier than thou stance on the merits of having the chance to talk a mob of nazis out of being nazis

Okay? So because this happened you want to say that people with terrible ideas shouldn't be allowed to ever assemble or engage in discussion with someone?

Its not just saying you somehow have the onus to talk with Nazis. I still want the right to debate them and dissuade them from their perspective. People who want to actually make a difference cant do that if they're prohibited from even speaking their shitty views.

We should be allowed to debate a nazi let me give it a shot.
ME: Hi nazi
Nazi: I hate blacks
Me: Maybe you shouldn't
Nazi: Woah, you have a point.

Hey it worked, maybe if we all just told nazi that hating people is wrong they will listen! /s

Nazi exist to hate others, this isn't a discussion. If your political opinions are watching or hurting others then you deserve no sympathy.

When did that happen? in the 1800's? I'm with you, but you have to take a moment to recognized that nothing has changed today. It's the same as it always was.

I'm talking about the poster who seems to want us to have a sit down discussion with people like this after what has taken place today.

Joeku

We should be allowed to debate a nazi let me give it a shot.
ME: Hi nazi
Nazi: I hate blacks
Me: Maybe you shouldn't
Nazi: Woah, you have a point.

Hey it worked, maybe if we all just told nazi that hating people is wrong they will listen! /s

Nazi exist to hate others, this isn't a discussion. If your political opinions are watching or hurting others then you deserve no sympathy.

Look, we just have to find a middle ground between "black people should be equal to white" and "niggers don't count as people".

That'll solve it! Lots of discussion and nuance therein.

watershed

Banned
Is that what you think happened today? A group of misinformed individuals gathered to have a discussion about their viewpoints? With the intention to have a rational discussion, to which their viewpoints may be altered?

A woman was murdered by a terrorist, and lots of people were badly injured.

Now is not really the time to be taking some holier than thou stance on the merits of having the chance to talk a mob of nazis out of being nazis
He's banned. Leave him to cry on Twitter as his banning is probably the only tragedy to occur today in his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom