• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

I'd probably have a better setup if I weren't a poor college student. So you bitches just wait until the "Show us your gaming setup: 2011 edition."

jjasper

OverHeat said:
pict0008ub6eq3.jpg

2 HD DVD players on the same TV?

OverHeat

« generous god »
2 HD DVD players on the same TV?
I was testing them to see the one I would keep in my living room.

the HD-A1 won!

rage1973

Here is my new setup with 61'' Samsung 1080P DLP 6187
Pioneer Elite 84 TXSi
PS3 20 gig edition upgraded to 120 gigs
Xbox 360 with HD-DVD add on

I am waiting on my KEF Q5 series speaker to come from Vanns. Hopefully I will get them next week.

DSC00425.jpg

Mœbius

Some really nice setups in this thread. Here's my basic setup, minus PS3 which should be arriving shortly. Also sorry for the quality... taken on my phone:

- Sony Bravia W2000U 40".
- Sony HTSF1000 5.1 Surround Sound System. The Subwoofer is out of shot, to the right of the cabinet/stand.
- Philips DVP 5100 (pretty decent and great for playing DivX's; will be getting the 360 HD-DVD Drive soon).

A Christmasy one :) :

...and a slightly older pic pre-speakers:

-Rogue5-

Just thought I'd keep this funk alive by letting everyone know that there are a lot of nice setups here. Hopefully people keep contributing cause a lot of these pics are giving me great ideas for my future setup.

Bildi

Thought I would snap some pics. My stuff is always a work-in-progress hence unfinished speakers and such.

My new TV, replaced the old CRT because I got tired of squinting.
359259156_b05673f760_o.jpg

Left & right cupboard contents.
359259157_fe72a2da04_o.jpg

Where I park my ass. Recliners in all four seats was important. You can see the ambilight on the TV in this. Since it isn't nightime I didn't get a shot with it lighting up the room. It's not why I bought the TV, but it's a nice perk for something I initially thought was really gimmicky. Curtain is temporary, it has to be sewn into something respectable and the old crappy carpet will be thrown out in favour of polished floorboards and a nice rug.
359259159_a8ed00051e_o.jpg

A bit of the collection. PAL PS2 games are absent because the box spines are oh so FUGLY! There are some NTSC PS2 down the end but they're too far to see.
359259158_98ee974128_o.jpg

PS: thanks to all that post in this thread, I love looking at the pretty piccies!

Zaptruder

Banned
Kato said:
Out with the 1080i only CRT, in with the 1080p Bravia.

Old:

front.jpg

New:

braviaatje.jpg

strakkeboel.jpg

The irony there is you're seeing less screen on your eyeball, because you've just pushed the viewing surface back 2 feet, for a similar sized TV.

Regardless, to get the most out of your TV, I'd recommend getting it off the wall... and having it sit on the center speaker, on something just behind the center speaker... or perhaps more aesthetically; move the cabinet out of the way; drill through the wall and have the cables for the TV routed somewhere else... and move the couch forward. And drill into the wall for the center speaker.

Mar

Zaptruder said:
The irony there is you're seeing less screen on your eyeball, because you've just pushed the viewing surface back 2 feet, for a similar sized TV.

Regardless, to get the most out of your TV, I'd recommend getting it off the wall... and having it sit on the center speaker, on something just behind the center speaker... or perhaps more aesthetically; move the cabinet out of the way; drill through the wall and have the cables for the TV routed somewhere else... and move the couch forward. And drill into the wall for the center speaker.

This post scared me for some reason...

Manp

TTP said:
This is NOT my setup, but just some crazy stuff I've found here

ggl01.jpg

that table's name (roccaforte) means stronghold

well ok, just in case someone care to know :lol *picofgivea****bay*

I finished my new console shelf last night and snapped a couple of pictures. The shelf has 3/8" thick aluminum risers with 1/2" thick lexan shelves. All the holes, chamfering and metal finishing were done by hand, and I gave it a nice satin finish.

BTW, I just plopped down my consoles for placeholder -- no wiring until tomorrow. (even *I'm* not that neat).

353628019_e1fd416d27_o.jpg

353627924_394f88eefb_o.jpg

353627885_9dba4f604a_o.jpg

353627857_04021a5f53_o.jpg

This is an older picture. I'm not as thrilled with the enormous equipment racks as I used to be. Thinking about scratchbuilding something new, perhaps out of 80/20 extrusions.

Theater1mdadj.jpg

Another project. yay.

Here's a couple of shots of my loft. Some are old, but here is my new 80/20 shelf for my massive printer. I'd like to do a whole dedicated gaming desk out of that stuff. It f-ing rocks.

8020Shelf2.jpg

8020Shelf1.jpg

TinyGodsm.jpg

Mapartoverview.jpg

mapartoblivion.jpg

mapartoblique.jpg

pspstand1vsm.jpg

Those PA prints are actually DDR pads, with art underneath the top acrylic. Here they are in testing:

DDRMegaPads_LightNUpTheNightsm.jpg

Here's a couple of older shots, but not much has really changed in the overall scheme this year...

NewLoftLongViewmdadj.jpg

Theater3mdadj.jpg

Theater2mdadj.jpg

Hey, thanks for the compliments -- I appreciate it because I've made most of this stuff myself from scratch. The rest of you guys have some seriously awesome setups as well -- just happy that I can hang with y'all.

soul creator said:
storm shadow, was that the psyclone psc01 system selector?

thinking about picking one of those up in a couple weeks...

Nope, it's the Pelican system selector pro -- I like it for convenience sake, but I'm not ready to give any testamonials about outright video quality. I haven't really given it an A/B testing yet.

dogbowl said:
Where did you find those computer racks? Or are they custom built as well (and if so, with what??)

That is pretty much an off-the-shelf Middle Atlantic 34U (Rack space unit = 1 3/4") rack with rolling casters. The reason for all of that is because I've got a full-on separates amplification system to go with my rack mounted CPU. There is an NHT 12" home theater sub on the bottom, underneath a 200x3 and a 150x2 Acurus Amp. These drive NHT 1.5 and Super Zero home theater speakers (small enough to be fine for near-field sound). I could never go back to craptastic powered computer speakers. There is a built in power conditioner on top and a 4U rack-mounted drawer for accessories and software.

Believe it or not, I actually took it to a LAN party once! (PAX 2004)

I'm a bit tired of the big, black, monolith look, so soon I'm going to build a desk from 80/20 aluminum extrusions that will basically split that rack into two parts and put one on either side of a desk that supports rack-width components. Another design parameter will be to place three 24" apple monitors side by side, plus my NHT speakers.

Perhaps I will build it in honor of Supreme Commander's release. :)

FirewalkR

acidviper said:
Uh, we have a winner. [/thread]

Hell, i concur totally! :) I never post in these threads (for shame!) but... that's got to be one of the most awesome setups i've ever seen! Stormshadow, dude... if you don't mind me asking... what do you do for a living? :D

FirewalkR said:
Hell, i concur totally! :) I never post in these threads (for shame!) but... that's got to be one of the most awesome setups i've ever seen! Stormshadow, dude... if you don't mind me asking... what do you do for a living? :D

I direct new product design and marketing for a small offshoot of Astro Studios, called Astro Gaming. Astro Studios are the folks who designed the Xbox 360 and its family of accessories (360 controller, camera, battery charging cradle), and Alienware's audacious computer cases.

Astro Gaming will launch with their first flagship product in about 3-4 months, a high-end headset and amplifier/mixer aimed at professionals and affluent enthusiasts of PC and Xbox/Xbox 360 gaming.

Even though I'm on a whoring roll... I'll *not* post a picture of my headset, since it would completely derail the thread.

and it would.

bigswords

[PA]StormShadow said:
I direct new product design and marketing for a small offshoot of Astro Studios, called Astro Gaming. Astro Studios are the folks who designed the Xbox 360 and its family of accessories (360 controller, camera, battery charging cradle), and Alienware's audacious computer cases.

Astro Gaming will launch with their first flagship product in about 3-4 months, a high-end headset and amplifier/mixer aimed at professionals and affluent enthusiasts of PC and Xbox/Xbox 360 gaming.

Even though I'm on a whoring roll... I'll *not* post a picture of my headset, since it would completely derail the thread.

and it would.

U sir rock! POST THE PIC OF THE HEADSET PLS!!!!!!!!!!!

flsh

Banned
Zaptruder said:

I'm sorry but am I missing something here? 2 feet? The table looks to be maybe one foot. He's not loosing much at all.

Move the couch further? We can't see where he sits. The setup looks fine. A lot better than most here, actually.

Zaptruder

Banned
flsh said:
I'm sorry but am I missing something here? 2 feet? The table looks to be maybe one foot. He's not loosing much at all.

Move the couch further? We can't see where he sits. The setup looks fine. A lot better than most here, actually.

My estimate is that the cabinet is at least 50CM deep. It's deceptive, but it's a pretty large thing.

That said, the LCD TV looks larger than the CRT though... probably a 40" compared to a 32".

Kato

Zaptruder said:

Well you got a good point there with great tips, thanks for that. But the thing is; I have been switching the couch and game/movie seats around and as a result I am sitting more then 50 cm closer to the setup. And the CRT is 32" (and found a happy and warm home with my inlaws :)) , the Bravia is 40"..

StormShadow said:

That's just gorgeous man!

No.1

todog said:
I like your custom built 'snowboard dvd shelf'. Very nice :)

Dude, it's a surfboard. Geesh :p Oh nevermind, just saw the snowboards too :p Clever.

Anyway, I couldn't see my girlfriend even tolerating that amount of dedicating for gaming that StormShadow has shown. EverQuest map posters framed? Amazing. Works great with the layout of the room and you've turned what appeared to be a fairly dull room to be pretty nice. Top stuff.

No.1 said:
Dude, it's a surfboard. Geesh :p Oh nevermind, just saw the snowboards too :p Clever.

Anyway, I couldn't see my girlfriend even tolerating that amount of dedicating for gaming that StormShadow has shown. EverQuest map posters framed? Amazing. Works great with the layout of the room and you've turned what appeared to be a fairly dull room to be pretty nice. Top stuff.

Those framed maps were actually my girlfriend's idea. Bottom line is, you just gotta go find yourself a gamer girl. If you are as into gaming as I think you might be, your girl has to dig it too, if your relationship is ever going to work.

pCeSlAyEr

[PA]StormShadow said:
Those framed maps were actually my girlfriend's idea. Bottom line is, you just gotta go find yourself a gamer girl. If you are as into gaming as I think you might be, your girl has to dig it too, if your relationship is ever going to work.
im glad I have a gamer chick... but alas with 2 kids my gaming setup will never be as sexy as yours..

Top Bottom