• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

It's my screenshot and I like having Maui there.
Just seems like it's not necessarily the most effective way to use it considering it only works on 2 medals after it, though I don't know all the medals you have access to. I think the best way to use it is to have it come after a generic buff and maybe some debuffs. So something like

Pooh/Sebastian -> Maui -> two strong attack medals

or

Pooh/Sebastian -> HD Axel -> Maui -> two strong attack medals

sounds like it will help you deal much more damage in a single turn than wasting Maui in the first slot. Assuming you have those other medals or ones similar in effect to those.

I can 3-mickey XIII, but not X or XII :<

XII was definitely the hardest for me. It came down to milliseconds. If anything was going to prevent people from guilting Xigbar, it's that.

I'm all done with that now, at least. Waiting until a guilting event occurs before I proceed to fuse him, since I haven't had the best of luck with these so far.

Ilvocare

XII is actually a problem for me, keep going 2 seconds over par or so, and I don't know how to optimize my run any further.

am I getting extra time added by the lag in the game once the fleets enter the screen because it feels like something that should take 5 seconds takes 10 with them on

XII is actually a problem for me, keep going 2 seconds over par or so, and I don't know how to optimize my run any further.

am I getting extra time added by the lag in the game once the fleets enter the screen because it feels like something that should take 5 seconds takes 10 with them on

Try not to rely on friend medals, since their summon animation takes like 5 extra seconds.

Ilvocare

Try not to rely on friend medals, since their summon animation takes like 5 extra seconds.

I'm not, I'm relying nigh exclusively on Sebastian and Marl B. In the case of the three wizards I just swipe all the way straight to Marl because of AB3MAX. It legit feels like the copters take up too much time because I either have to activate my strength buff, J&S, WoFF Luna, AND him to bring it down in order to save my burst for the final encounter. I mean, the other option is to move Marl to slot 2 but like... oof, the damage output tanks if that happens.

I'm not, I'm relying nigh exclusively on Sebastian and Marl B. In the case of the three wizards I just swipe all the way straight to Marl because of AB3MAX. It legit feels like the copters take up too much time because I either have to activate my strength buff, J&S, WoFF Luna, AND him to bring it down in order to save my burst for the final encounter. I mean, the other option is to move Marl to slot 2 but like... oof, the damage output tanks if that happens.
I had a hard time with making the time on this one with Marl B, until I switched up to using Three Wishes 25. Sebastian + 100% AB2 Max Jack on the lead ups. Those + Moana + Donald on the Red Copter.

deanote666

I used 100% Maui w/ ABII+AP+, Sebastian, 100% meowjesty w/ ABIII max, 100% meowjesty w/ ABIII, and 100% meowjesty w/ ABII+AP+ and hit the top portal each time, assuming we're talking about the same level.

Skittles

Oh shit, we JP now boys
"You won't be a poor, unfortunate soul with this EMC, which guarantees that HD Ursula and KA3 come with 3 dots! Plus a new HSC tonight! "
C41R5lqUMAEZjjJ.png

As someone with both Illustrated Terra and Jack & Sally, I don't think this Ursula medal is at all necessary for me. I also have an Illustrated Xion, so Key Art #3 is sorta whatever, too.

Gotta keep saving. Maybe I'll do just one pull so I can boost my HSC score, but that's it.

Ilvocare

ahahaha

No mercy pulls

None at all

HSC this time only accepts new medals, most of the new ones have terrible effects except for the shark, who's tied down by a prohibitive gauge cost

Fuck your old medals, dump them in the garbage where they belong says sena

No new story or proud quests after a week of fucking nothing

Multiplayer delayed two months

can I just stop giving even the slightest iota of a fuck about this utter shit game anymore

This feels like 5 nails in the coffin at once

I did a pull, got "The Shark" so pretty happy about that, because that's the only one I wanted really.
Also happy I finally have some decent POWER Reversed medals. (Still need some some good SPEED Upright medals, I barely have any, and they are all trash as well. :/)

Still... I think it might be my worst pull yet since playing.

-6 star Master Xehanort
-6 Star Atlantica Goofy
-5 Star Xemnas A
-5 Star Pinocchio
-5 star Piglet
-5 Star Xion
-5 Star Shark
and
-5 Star Winnie the Pooh x3... (Why)

I really wish this game would stop giving me Master Xehanort... I already have a guilted one, and now I have a 6 star three dot, plus a

ahahaha

No mercy pulls

None at all

HSC this time only accepts new medals, most of the new ones have terrible effects except for the shark, who's tied down by a prohibitive gauge cost

Fuck your old medals, dump them in the garbage where they belong says sena

No new story or proud quests after a week of fucking nothing

Multiplayer delayed two months

can I just stop giving even the slightest iota of a fuck about this utter shit game anymore

This feels like 5 nails in the coffin at once

It gets better! Everything in the HSC is pretty easy to kill, and killing everything gives you less than 11 million points, so in order to get a respectable score you HAVE to have a good multiplier, and to guilt SDG B you need OVER 100% of multiplier.

c-murph

Oh shit, we JP now boys
"You won't be a poor, unfortunate soul with this EMC, which guarantees that HD Ursula and KA3 come with 3 dots! Plus a new HSC tonight! "
C41R5lqUMAEZjjJ.png

Still saving for that iKairi II. Great deal though. Hopefully they do that for iKairi and give me three pips!!

Ilvocare

It gets better! Everything in the HSC is pretty easy to kill, and killing everything gives you less than 11 million points, so in order to get a respectable score you HAVE to have a good multiplier, and to guilt SDG B you need OVER 100% of multiplier.

no new core content this week in a time where the game desperately needs it

HSC scoring is proper fucked because of Sena's insistence that you NEED to pull an undetermined amount of times to be truly happy

no guilt campaign despite the game really needing one since there hasn't been one in what feels like a month already

and to top it all off the rewards in today's daily are worse than previous dailies because the objective is so easy

but at the same time you stupid mother fuckers placed a level 500 giga shadow into the map

made him invisible

and also gave him caution, guaranteeing a restart of the quest

yes I know it's only 5 AP and no big deal in the long run

but jesus christ I don't want to play this anymore, I'll gladly hand in my cool kids 'played every KH game in the series' card to escape this unending hell

Ilvocare

You could just play more casually, no?

That's what I do which is hard for me to get angry about what SENA does. I log in, collect my jewels, do the jewels quest, and call it a day.

I already DO play casually. 5 minutes at most are spent nowadays on this shit. It's infuriating because there's at LEAST two other games I want on my phone instead of UX.

But I can emulate those other games and I can't emulate UX

not to mention my ON5 has ABYSMAL internal memory and Unchained alone has made it nigh-impossible for me to download any additional apps outside of one I use to deposit checks from work!

and the game also is really slow-running for a 2d game

it's just a bunch of irritating things combining together into a personal shitstorm

Yikes, this banner went from good to awful really quickly. There's no way I'm spending any jewels on something like that.

Heck, you need a multiplier of +90% or so to even get the highest-tier reward and the only bonus medals are the new ones in the banner. Screw that.

Permanently A

Just a clarification on guilt boost events, since my Marluxia A is already 75% guilt, waiting for a boost event won't get me anything right? Since all it does is boost the minimum from 40% to 70%, correct?

no new core content this week in a time where the game desperately needs it

HSC scoring is proper fucked because of Sena's insistence that you NEED to pull an undetermined amount of times to be truly happy

no guilt campaign despite the game really needing one since there hasn't been one in what feels like a month already

and to top it all off the rewards in today's daily are worse than previous dailies because the objective is so easy

but at the same time you stupid mother fuckers placed a level 500 giga shadow into the map

made him invisible

and also gave him caution, guaranteeing a restart of the quest

yes I know it's only 5 AP and no big deal in the long run

but jesus christ I don't want to play this anymore, I'll gladly hand in my cool kids 'played every KH game in the series' card to escape this unending hell

just do the force close and restart trick for the bullshit like the invisible, but I feel you on the rest

Fauve

Just a clarification on guilt boost events, since my Marluxia A is already 75% guilt, waiting for a boost event won't get me anything right? Since all it does is boost the minimum from 40% to 70%, correct?

I'm not positive, but I would assume you would still get the benefit from the guilt bonus. Remember, rerolling will give you any number within the guilt range; it just doesn't change if the result is less than what you originally have. The guilt event would push the minimum, meaning rerolling then would pull from 70-100 rather than 40-100. Rerolling now would mean you'd have an increased chance of getting screwed over.

just do the force close and restart trick for the bullshit like the invisible, but I feel you on the rest

Let's put it this way. When guilting an epic medal normally, your chances of getting 75%+ guilt is 26/61. If you wait for a guilt event, your chances of getting 75%+ shoot up to 26/31.

So unless you need that guilt right now, it's best to wait.

Ilvocare

I certainly could but the point is I fucking shouldn't have to. The impotency of the fuck-you in the long run only makes it all the more insulting, you know? Like they REALLY don't give a fuck about their playerbase...

Skittles

I certainly could but the point is I fucking shouldn't have to. The impotency of the fuck-you in the long run only makes it all the more insulting, you know? Like they REALLY don't give a fuck about their playerbase...
I think it's less of a fuck you and more that they want you mindlessly running through content

Azuran

Banned
Haven't gotten that far myself, but seriously? Wut. lol

Were the first 400 supposed to be the tutorial? :p

It was Nomura and friends finally admitting that anything that happens in Disney worlds doesn't actually matter in the first place.

Looking back at it, KH2 should have had its title card show up on the The World that Never Was because pretty much everything else in that game before that was skippable filler.

Permanently A

I'm not positive, but I would assume you would still get the benefit from the guilt bonus. Remember, rerolling will give you any number within the guilt range; it just doesn't change if the result is less than what you originally have. The guilt event would push the minimum, meaning rerolling then would pull from 70-100 rather than 40-100. Rerolling now would mean you'd have an increased chance of getting screwed over.

Let's put it this way. When guilting an epic medal normally, your chances of getting 75%+ guilt is 26/61. If you wait for a guilt event, your chances of getting 75%+ shoot up to 26/31.

So unless you need that guilt right now, it's best to wait.

Oooh, I forgot that I can roll under 75 lol. Makes sense to wait. I'm just hurting on box space really badly. Hoping for some kind of sale on that maybe.

Sora & Donald & Goofy B looks so good, but I don't think I'm anywhere good enough to get it. :/
Would love to get it since my Starlight is in dire need of some good gold speed medals.

It was Nomura and friends finally admitting that anything that happens in Disney worlds doesn't actually matter in the first place.

Looking back at it, KH2 should have had its title card show up on the The World that Never Was because pretty much everything else in that game before that was skippable filler.

Ha. I always thought the same about KH2. Even KH1 kinda had that problem, but nowhere near as bad.
Some worlds were more relevant than others. Tarzan for example probably was the least important world Was what's his face even part of the evil Villain's club?

Psxphile

with a 10% Friend medal I can barely crack the 10mil (right?) needed for the first Young King Mickey. Not liking my chances, and I really don't want to do a pull on this banner.

Can't win them all.

Famassu

I don't get how you get your panties in such a bunch for this particular quest. I thought it was kind of a fun surprise, made it a bit more special from the usual run-of-the-mill quests where you just (attempt to) slaughter everything. It took me three attempts to not hit the lvl 500 enemy (at first I didn't even know one was in the level, then I accidentally bumped into it on my second time from the back because I thought it would be further up the path) but I didn't mind since each failed attempt took me, like, 20 seconds and, as said, at least it was a bit of a change from the usual KHUX quests, as brief & small a thing as it was.

It would be worse if they actually required people to beat that thing to get something useful (like having to beat it for the final Xigbar B or something) but as is, it's just an obstacle probably meant to surprise people on their first try, not the huge FUCK YOU that you seem to be taking it as.

I completely agree. The hidden 500 heartless shocked me and gave me a good laugh. I was just running on auto-pilot and then boom, dead. I had a huge "Wait, WHAT?" moment then S/L and went the back way; only to hit it by accident again. Once more and I cleared the stage. Nice and simple mission with a fun surprise.

Anyone else been noticing an extreme drop in skill triggers lately? My AB2 + APP triggers maybe 1/5 times now, even with an outfit w/ +12 skill perk.

Famassu

Eh? If they mess with the activation %s, that's it, I'm done with the game. It's already frustrating enough to get through some quests with current ones when I hit a bad streak and APP doesn't want to activate, but if they make it even more seldom, that'll make some quests even more so and that's crossing the line from slightly annoying occasionally to constantly fucking up harder quests that require a lot of APP activations.

If there is a change, I hope it's just someone screwing something up and they'll fix it ASAP. I mean, they can't show activation %s like 52 in medals' info if they've dropped it to 20 or something.

c-murph

Anyone else been noticing an extreme drop in skill triggers lately? My AB2 + APP triggers maybe 1/5 times now, even with an outfit w/ +12 skill perk.

Yeah, I definitely noticed since Friday's update.

Oh shoot. I thought that was just me. I was completing the New 280lv Power Quests and kept running out of Power Bar. I have like iKairi with No Cost, and like three other medals with the APP added ability.

Tampler

Boy, this game suddenly starts getting hard after Mission 400....

I just used all my Jewels on Mission 425 (
The fight with Master Ava
) and I still couldn't complete it.

Guess I'm going to have to start paying for Jewels & get better Medals now?

Top Bottom