• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

Chris R

So I woke up this morning to a terrific email from Amazon.

AmazonEmail said:
Hello,

Due to delivery restrictions on your order #redacted, we won't be able to send you Persona 5 - SteelBook Edition - PlayStation 4.

This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon. Although the amount of these substances in these products is usually quite limited, these products need to be transported in a certain way to ensure that they are handled with care.

Unfortunately, this means that we're not able to ship your order and it has been canceled.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

So I wandered over into the Persona community thread only to see that I'm not the only person who has received this email.

It looks like Amazon is cancelling both regular steelbook and the "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition.

I sent Amazon an email, but LiquidGabx talked to an Amazon rep and posted their response...

AmazonRep said:
The actual reason why the order was canceled is that the entire inventory Amazon had received from the manufacturer had a major defect that was detected by one of our valued customer like you're and then an investigation began to check if all the items have the same issue and we had to cancel mass orders and return the item back to the manufacturer

So I'm wondering if 100% of the PS4 orders are going to be cancelled? What is the defect, and how does this change the launch date? Do we have people from Atlus or Amazon here on the boards that want to comment?

MOD EDIT - Looks like we have a report on a Best Buy cancellation as well:

My Bestbuy Take Your Heart edition got cancelled.
Never mind:

Update: My order from Bestbuy was fixed. Apparently some system issue and not related to the "Amazon" incident. Thank jeebus.

Update #3

DX5XfKM.png

They specify Amazon, so I'm thinking it's specific to them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
From the info in the OP, this appears to be a defect issue and not an issue with Amazon specifically. Until we get more info stating otherwise, please do not spam the thread with random "WTF Amazon" one liner posts.

Andrefpvs

If this issue (whatever it is) affects all Steelbooks, then that's 100% of all PS4 versions of the game.

Hindsight and everything, but they really should have offered a "standard edition" option for people who don't like Steelbooks.

Edit: Apparently there's a standard option now. It wasn't that way when they announced the game's pre-orders in 2016, though.

My order still says coming April 4th. I think what saved me is that I didn't order the steelbox version, just standard PS4.

I wonder what the defect business is about.

If this issue affects all Steelbooks, then that's 100% of all PS4 versions of the game.

You could order standard non steelbook copies of the game.

Wonder what this'll mean for the game.

A - Gets sorted in time for launch
B - Standard edition and PSN release are fine, but Steelbook and Take Your Heart are delayed
C - Entire game gets delayed (lol)

If this issue (whatever it is) affects all Steelbooks, then that's 100% of all PS4 versions of the game.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't there launch versions of the PS4 game that aren't steelbooks?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
My preorder for the Take Your Heart Edition is still showing as open so hopefully I don't receive an email.

Lol at the other thread where people couldn't even be bothered to read the damn OP.

FinKL

Hmm thinking the Premium Edition will be hard to find down the line even though Persona is super niche. I went ahead a preordered it on BestBuy figuring it would probably be cool to have the plush and bag.
Newegg, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy also still have it up

Zackat

Wonder what this'll mean for the game.

A - Gets sorted in time for launch
B - Standard edition and PSN release are fine, but Steelbook and Take Your Heart are delayed
C - Entire game gets delayed (lol)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't there launch versions of the PS4 game that aren't steelbooks?

Maybe A, likely B.

And yes I am pretty sure there is normal plastic boxes

I guess it also depends if this effected the entire stock or not

GamerJM

Banned
Huh, my Take Your Heart hasn't been canceled yet, but if it's a defect that affects all of them then I guess it will be...

jay

As a mod basically took my post content then deleted mine (and possibly everything else), I should obviously be promoted to mod myself.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How tf can a steelbook be hazardous/dangerous though lbr

Wow, that was a fast fix. Previous thread was a trainwreck sure to get picked up by some news outlets and misinterpreted.

Sucks for those who pre-ordered physical. Curious to find out what happens with this and whether or not it affected other retailers.

SheHateMe

Yeah, before I pull the trigger at Best Buy, I need to know what region this is.

My preorder from June 7th of last year is still holding... but who knows for how long?

UGH, more money I didn't plan on spending (I used Amazon Gift Credit).

Zaru

Why cancel instead of delay and notify?
It's not like they can never again deliver steelbook editions.

Samaritan

I swear to god if my TYH edition gets delayed because of a defect with the SteelBook, something I didn't want in the first place, I'm going to give up on life. Been holding onto my pre-order since June of last year; I don't know if I can take another delay, of any kind.

atomsk

Party Pooper
If this ends up being an overall problem and affects all retailers I'm gonna be annoyed, since I used that Best Buy Visa checkout deal + GCU to preorder this.

My gaming budget is limited, I want my $38 copy of P5.

It's not like they gave me the option to preorder a non-steelbook verison.

BiggNife

Yeah, before I pull the trigger at Best Buy, I need to know what region this is.

My preorder from June 7th of last year is still holding... but who knows for how long?

UGH, more money I didn't plan on spending (I used Amazon Gift Credit).
If this is truly a manufacturing issue, then best buy preorders will probably be canceled too.

Seems really fortunate for me at least that I decided to cancel my TYH edition since I couldn't see myself doing much with the extra content and settled for the standard version. This is not the type of news you want to hear so close to the release date and especially a game like persona that has had delay fever.

If Amazon cancels my order I'm just going to preorder it on the PS Store. I don't think I can wait anymore.
But I'm praying they don't cancel.

Lunar15

It must not be a big issue, since the steel book can still be preordered on amazon.

Yeah, this is what's weird about it. If it was a manufacturer defect that affected all units, we'd really be seeing this across the board and at other retailers.

Top Bottom