• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt details (~50 hour main quest, slowmo combat target, etc)

Sentenza

New info from a german website:

wojto16 said:
Here's new information translated for your convenience:

- 36 final states of the world and 3 epilogues (each 1 hour long)

- you can import your save game, but it's not going to change backstory of the game. Still, it will affect characters.

- you can buy horses or tame a wild ones by using Axii

- Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want.

- a wild animals will appear. Geralt may hunt them and take their furs, claws etc.

- main storyline is 50 hours long

- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuff

- there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo

- no more QTE

- Geralt now can achieve 60 level max

- PC and console versions have completely different UI

- you gain experience points only by completing quests, hunting will provide you money and crafting materials

- a two new minigames: axe trowing and card games

- economy depends from the area. In some places you can buy something for a lesser price, or sell it for higher price.

I'm sorry for bad translation.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1237801-The-Witcher-3-Previews-Fakten-in-der-Übersicht

Fuck yeah for the bolded ones.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
New thread. Would like to see some sources for those quotes though. The thread doesn't appear to have any.

Xyber

That sounds really good. A 50 hours main story though? That sounds absolutely crazy in an open world game, I wonder how they'll pull that off.

I never take those numbers as fact, people can and will be able to finish it much faster than that if they want to.

But the new info sounds great. Does anyone know if I can watch the Gameinformer videos somewhere else? Their videoplayer refuses to load for me.

Edit: Nevermind, got them to work in IE..

Moff

That sounds really good. A 50 hours main story though? That sounds absolutely crazy in an open world game, I wonder how they'll pull that off.

I dont agree, a short main quest in witcher 3 would incredibly disappoint me. they said once they played skyrim and learned from its many flaws and that they will improve especially questing among others. I am sure they know exactly what they are doing and we will get a huge main quest in an open world game. even if some can do it in 30 hours.

poisonelf

Would buy even if I didn't already adore the series just to show support for this.

Everything sounds amazing so far, all information points to the game still being story and character based.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I hope the slomo is like the slicing sequence that was originally shown in the MG:Rising tech demo.

You realise that slowmo cutting is in Revengeance in complete form also of course?

Sounding good, hopefully combat has a little less jank as a result and they perhaps do a far better job of teaching it this time around.

50 hour main quest? Bleh... I thought The Witcher 2 was the perfect length. Gettin' real tired of games that are long just for the sake of being long. Hopefully that isn't the case with The Witcher 3.

Anyway, the other stuff sounds great. Though I'm wondering how the save transferring will work on consoles.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
164868265.jpg

This is sounding more and more impressive. Witcher 2 was already my favourite RPG of this gen...This sounds flat out better. Much better.

We shall see... launch PS4 is looking like a beast, InFamous, Diablo 3 and Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 is on my list and I haven't even played the other games.

woober

"GUARDS! He's stealing my sex cards!!!!"

Everything sounds amazing btw. Witcher 2 took my about 40 hours so I don't see 50 being to far off, though I did do most of the side quests.

Witcher 3 is a launch title?

Doubt it. It's coming out in 2014.

Curses. I want to get the PS4 version as I'm not looking to upgrade my PC anytime soon, but my Witcher 1 and 2 saves are on PC...hmmm...

unffff

This is the only game coming out that makes me giddy with excitement. Witcher 2 was fucking amazing and this sounds even more so.

Kaldea

The more I hear about this game, the more excited I get. Definitely getting both the console and PC versions.

Durante

- Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want.
Climbing in open world games is something I've been missing since Daggerfall. Should be awesome if implemented well.

Yes! Skyrim was terrible (until modded) in this regard.

Buft

Neo Member
Curses. I want to get the PS4 version as I'm not looking to upgrade my PC anytime soon, but my Witcher 1 and 2 saves are on PC...hmmm...

I had this problem in reverse with Mass Effect, I did get it sorted in the end and I think I might be in the same situation as you when the Witcher 3 comes out.

sublimit

Banned
I've never played a Witcher game before but i'm glad the developers decided to move away from the QTE trend.
Slowmo combat doesn't sound good though.

I had this problem in reverse with Mass Effect, I did get it sorted in the end and I think I might be in the same situation as you when the Witcher 3 comes out.

Eh, the save carry over stuff from W1 to W2 is inconsequential as all hell, most likely the same from 2 to 3. In addition, I played all variants of W2 so they're pretty much all valid anyway.

Hopefully I will have to the chance to back up my buddy Siegfried and The Order of the Flaming Rose.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I came... and came... and came... and came...

climbing is the best news because it was the feature I dreamed of but NEVER could have thought that they will actually do it.

Also slo-mo combat and no more looting houses while the owner STARES AT YOU is music to my ears.

It seems like I'm buying 5 copies again.

DJwest

Midou

All sounds pretty awesome. Thank god for no more QTEs, I remember that damn kraken boss in Witcher 2..

Would guards really want to fuck with a Witcher though?

woober

All sounds pretty awesome. Thank god for no more QTEs, I remember that damn kraken boss in Witcher 2..

Would guards really want to fuck with a Witcher though?

I'll laugh if guards turn a blind eye depending on your relationship with people in the area.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't like the sound of the slow mo targeting in an action game like this. Why not simply let me hit the monsters where I want manually like I do in Monster Hunter? That should be easy enough for the big beasts and for small/bipedal stuff maybe you can just choose to hit something like, head, body or legs by using overhead/high/low attacks for example...

Top Bottom