• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarutos

Is it okay if I claim the Atelier Meruru OT? I'd love to do that one! Atelier is probably my favorite series. It'd be my first one but I'd do the best I can to make it awesome!

I haven't started working on it yet (we still don't have a release date!) But particularly if there is someone more versed in the lore/story of Diablo, I'd appreciate if someone could write (or help with it) for a "The story so far..." section.

I'd probably have to do a bit of research myself for that section, even if the copy is only a paragraph or two, as I'm not well-versed in the story.

Seda

I'll go ahead and claim the OT for Kingdom Hearts 3D. That is, the localized version, not the import thread, so bebpo or whoever can still do an import thread.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance by Seda (26th November).

May need help with graphical things although I don't plan on it being way fancy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FFXIII-2 OT will go live this Thursday since it releases in Japan on 12/15, with the western release just over a month later.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is anyone doing the Ni no Kuni OT? I'm willing to do it but I need collaborators for the banners.

Is it fine if I call the Western OT for a game that hasn't been announced for localization yet, though it most likely will get localized? Or should I just wait until it is announced?

Nemesis_

Okay guys, all done and indexed. We're back up to date now. Also went through the boards first few pages to get all the December and November OTs. So this will also act as an archive of sorts so all those awesome OTs and the work put into them doesn't go into waste.

Continue requesting. :)

Jarmel

Banned
yeah i'l ltake it!

OK no offense is this even a good idea? Is Chinner capable of doing a neutral unbiased OT considering his hatred of the game? I literally just got a PM from a guy who was concerned that Chinner might try to pull something off like DA2.

BY2K

Membero Americo
OK no offense is this even a good idea? Is Chinner capable of doing a neutral unbiased OT considering his hatred of the game? I literally just got a PM from a guy who was concerned that Chinner might try to pull something off like DA2.

Didn't people love that OT?

Didn't people love that OT?

Eh, some did, some didn't. I personally didn't mind (it was pretty hilarious), but a lot of people felt that an OT should be celebrating (or, as Jarmel said, just be a neutral presentation of) the game instead of smashing it repeatedly over the head with a shovel.

Jarmel

Banned
Eh, some did, some didn't. I personally didn't mind (it was pretty hilarious), but a lot of people felt that an OT should be celebrating (or, as Jarmel said, just be a neutral presentation of) the game instead of smashing it repeatedly over the head with a shovel.

Correct. I would prefer neutral but there really hasn't been anything to warrant a DA2 OT, not to mention this is the biggest game in the first half of the year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think Chinner's right. Seventeen page OTs that look like they're paid marketing brochures are pretty awful and generally unreadable anyway.

Joke threads are probably the best way to go forward with this, and it does really capture the spirit of mud slinging we have in the RPG GAF community.

I'm calling Dark Souls 2, The Witcher 3, Deus Ex 4, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls VI, and Final Fantasy XV.

I'll try to keep to the high standard Chinner sets for us.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So we're going to see the Return of the Revengeance of Shit Mountain for the ME3 OT?

I'm okay with this.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So we're going to see the Return of the Revengeance of Shit Mountain for the ME3 OT?

I'm okay with this.

And the above six.

Essentially I'm giving Chinner ownership of seven RPG OTs, but they will all receive the same treatment in regards to quality (either Chinner's normal masturbation/pandering to nerds jokes with bad fan art or a more thoughtful thread analyzing how that company's promises match up to the end result a la Dragon Age 2) and tone (serious or satirical).

Unless of course he delivers a level of satire I feel I am incapable of matching. At that point threads will be delegated out to someone capable of delivering satire of the appropriate level.

Chinner

Banned
i know on gaf i sometimes struggle to form coherent sentences but i am already putting effort into the ME3 op. i think you guys will really like it. i understand what nirolak is saying about quality control and stuff, and its chill.

the only thing i lack is manpower, as in i need somebody who is good with photoshop and making gifs.

And the above six.

Essentially I'm giving Chinner ownership of seven RPG OTs, but they will all receive the same treatment in regards to quality (either Chinner's normal masturbation/pandering to nerds jokes with bad fan art or a more thoughtful thread analyzing how that company's promises match up to the end result a la Dragon Age 2) and tone (serious or satirical).

Unless of course he delivers a level of satire I feel I am incapable of matching. At that point threads will be delegated out to someone capable of delivering satire of the appropriate level.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense, no disrespect but why would Chinner make the ME3 OT given the fact that he's one of the biggest ME detractors on GAF, this isn't a secret since he shits on the game in every possible thread. The result is obvious, the thread will be directed to the negative side of the fanbase, redundant as there is already a Mass Effect Franchise Bitching Thread for that specific purpose.

As Nirolak implies, why to contaminate these threads from the beggining? really.

I'll gladly offer my help (with some of the visual elements) to Blue Ninja, Jarmel or whoever wants to make a neutral unbiased ME3 OT.

Chinner, I'll be expecting at least THREE pages dedicated to how the Story Mode is a startling revelation, eye-opening in its brilliance, in an industry bogged down by relying too much on outdated ideals like "gameplay" and "difficulty" and instead takes gaming the next step towards being non-interactive movies.

Chinner, I'll be expecting at least THREE pages dedicated to how the Story Mode is a startling revelation, eye-opening in its brilliance, in an industry bogged down by relying too much on outdated ideals like "gameplay" and "difficulty" and instead takes gaming the next step towards being non-interactive movies.

And don't forget the Kinect integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom