• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BattleBlock Theater Steam version announced, Beta sign-ups now.

wwm0nkey

announced via this amazing trailer

Beta sign ups

Also new features via the video
Weapon switching! Players can now switch between a primary and secondary weapon in game! New Cat Guard enemies throughout Story Mode. Steam Workshop integration for sharing user created levels. Steam Inventory integration for trading! (This allows users to trade and sell weapons, prisoners, gems and yarn via Steam.) X input, Direct Input, and Keyboard/Mouse support.

Signed up, was this already out on Xbox? I followed it for years after Castle Crashers, but now I've long since switched to PC and it fell off my radar.

I'm not entirely sure if a new thread was made or not, but I just received an email saying I was accepted, though the beta hasn't actually started yet, so I haven't yet received a code. Anybody else get an email?

That trailer was awesome and accurate, haha. Sounds very much like anyone who describes playing the superior version of a game on their PC.

Already sold for me because I loved and still love Castle Crashers, but that trailer got me twice or even quadruple times...

ibsWIJDCVlhOoK.gif

To bad I missed the beta - but hey, I'm will go all in at the first day anyway. The trailer is gold and best thing a saw trailer related for a long time.

//edit...it has really everything

kudoboi

got selected for the beta too. oh boy i can't wait

edit: there is a timezone restriction to the beta so it looks like i won't be able to participate in most of the events :(

many of them are only from 3pm to 8pm PST

edit2: battleblock beta starts Monday, March 31, 2014 - Afternoon PST

kudoboi

beta impressions: the game is extremely fun. As someone who did not buy this game on x360, this might have easily been one of the best side scrollers I had played. I refuse to play further than scene 3 to save the rest of my enjoyment for the full game.

One major problem i have with the beta is the lack of video options. There isn't even an option to change the resolution and thus the game is stuck at 480P which looks horrible on a 1080P screen and probably worst on one that is 1440P.

Seanspeed

Banned
beta impressions: the game is extremely fun. As someone who did not buy this game on x360, this might have easily been one of the best side scrollers I had played. I refuse to play further than scene 3 to save the rest of my enjoyment for the full game.

One major problem i have with the beta is the lack of video options. There isn't even an option to change the resolution and thus the game is stuck at 480P which looks horrible on a 1080P screen and probably worst on one that is 1440P.
So they completely lied about having 1000000p support?

This game is fuuuuuuun. Missed out on the 1st survey deadline, beacuse by the time I found people to play with it was too late lol. Going to dig into the editor next morning.

derExperte

Is this game any good? Been wanting to buy this for 360 for a while.

also is this also coming to Mac?

From their site:

For those of you who are curious about other versions of BattleBlock Theater, we’re happy to announce that we are currently working on the Linux version of the game as well, but it will not be ready in time for the beta. The only confirmed version for Steam at this time is for Windows, and once the first PC version is out, we will focus our attention on the Linux version. Until then, don’t get too excited staring at the pot and waiting for the water to boil.

And after playing the first three chapters (one in coop) I'd say yes, it's good with the potential of being very good depending on the quality of the later levels. Pretty funny too.

Great lil game. Really fun and I love how it's basically a collect, sell, trade-athon.

If any Gaffers has a vampire head for trade hit me up.

Steam name

CountAntonius

did it take them this long because they were in a contract of some sorts? this game would be awesome on ps4. everything from Behemoth would be. their art is meant to be as clean and sharp as possible.

Hubb

That was certainly a trailer. I'm not too sure what this game is, but now I am going to find out.

Top Bottom