• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me Multiplayer Co-Op Strategy Games (PC)

A friend of mine just completed military service and returned. I want to game with him a bit. He's a strategy and WW2 nut. He knows all Hearts of Iron games and many other Paradox games by heart.

So GAF, recommend us games we can play co-op together online. Strategy games with co-op campaigns are MUCH preferred. Thanks!

ghst

thanks for the laugh
men of war. the best world war 2 rts/t game available. all three of its campaigns can be played through in co-op, aswell as having a big competitive multi player component.

there's a demo available on steam.

i'm not so familiar with the grognard wargaming stuff. but fuck. buy this.

everyone put down what you're doing and buy this fucking game.

Llyranor

Definitely get Men of War.

In terms of wargames, there actually isn't really that much. Most games are focused on 1v1. Most don't even have TCP/IP, only PBEM. It's really too bad; co-op wargames would be rad.

Red Alert 3 and Dawn of War II both are coop through main campaign. Though they don't obviously fit into the mold of WW2. Men of War would be the other good choice. Nothing much else i can think of I am afraid.

Concept17

Company of Heroes (ww2, and its amazing)
Red Alert 3

And really, most any RTS can be played co-op in skirmishes or competitive. If thats for you, then also pick up SC2/WC3. They're not WW2, but they're certainly awesome.

Migu

Not an RTS, but the setting is WWII and the campaign can be played in co-op: Commandos 2: Men of Courage. I had a blast with this one on LAN but playing via internet is supported as well I think.

So if you're into tactics games as well, give this one a try!

Top Bottom