• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Good morning from the end of the line (Lake Merrit & Lakeside):

X0mR9XV.jpg

otapnam

Barting in now. Trying to decide if we catch em downtown and just stay there n drink vs the insane crowds by the convention center

Edzi

Anyone going to MagWest? Not sure what to expect, but I really want to go even if none of my buddies can make it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone going to MagWest? Not sure what to expect, but I really want to go even if none of my buddies can make it.
Never heard of it but hmm just looked it up and I may go if I can drag some friends to go since id be driving from east bay.

Soma

i'm sure my friends will take me out bar hopping in the Castro like last Pride.

it was fun despite being expectedly crowded!

M52B28

Banned
Dude Q bar has $1 well drinks on Mondays

Bye bye liver
Noted for future reference 😍

Edit: I'm not gay, but I may still go if I'm in the mood. I've never been to gay bars in SF, though I've been to some in other states. I've heard they're quite different in demeanor, but I can't personally know.

So found a place in SoMa/South Beach that I am moving into this week. Pretty happy as I got a lot of concessions so the price per month prorated down is pretty good. Will it be like that next year? Nope but good for now and I'm happy. It has amazing views of the Bay Bridge/Downtown and is a few blocks from the Embarcadero.

Noted for future reference 😍

Edit: I'm not gay, but I may still go if I'm in the mood. I've never been to gay bars in SF, though I've been to some in other states. I've heard they're quite different in demeanor, but I can't personally know.
I'd just like to note here, and not saying this is your intention at all but just as a heads up, this is not a time to go to a gay bar to sight see, or to pick up women. There might be other straight people around but there probably won't be many. It's an environment where LGBT people are celebrating themselves. I'd highly recommend going with some LGBT friends if you can.

It is super fun and super packed, and expect to wait to get into almost any bar in the Castro

Nelo Ice

Banned
So going across the bay bridge is a nightmare during rush hour. First time I had to experience it since I'm temporarily working in SF. Thank goodness I'm carpooling with coworkers and I'm not driving. Took 2 fucking hours to get home to Castro Valley.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
So found a place in SoMa/South Beach that I am moving into this week. Pretty happy as I got a lot of concessions so the price per month prorated down is pretty good. Will it be like that next year? Nope but good for now and I'm happy. It has amazing views of the Bay Bridge/Downtown and is a few blocks from the Embarcadero.
Looks amazing. Would die if I had a place like that. I feel like I'm suffocating out here in the boonies of the south bay. 😣

I'm really starting to miss living near a big city. :'(

I'd just like to note here, and not saying this is your intention at all but just as a heads up, this is not a time to go to a gay bar to sight see, or to pick up women. There might be other straight people around but there probably won't be many. It's an environment where LGBT people are celebrating themselves. I'd highly recommend going with some LGBT friends if you can.

It is super fun and super packed, and expect to wait to get into almost any bar in the Castro
What's the best approach to get there on Sunday? I live all the way down in South SJ, and want to go see the Parade.

I suspect public transport is the way to go -- I've never used it though.

On a separate note, would anyone want to do a (probably small) GAF meet up? Maybe a month or so from now. Probably mid July or August?

Shit man, Living my dream.

/ I'm just a wannabe SF-ian. Lurking.

Looks amazing. Would die if I had a place like that. I feel like I'm suffocating out here in the boonies of the south bay. 😣

I'm really starting to miss living near a big city. :'(

What's the best approach to get there on Sunday? I live all the way down in South SJ, and want to go see the Parade.

I suspect public transport is the way to go -- I've never used it though.

On a separate note, would anyone want to do a (probably small) GAF meet up? Maybe a month or so from now. Probably mid July or August?
I'd assume caltrain and then walking from 3rd and King but I've only ridden it once so I'm no pro there

gazele

Banned
After 10 years away (LA/Utah/NYC) I'm back in the Bay Area

Looking for jobs here is tough but it's good to be home

Are there SF/Bay Area GAF meetups ever?

M52B28

Banned
Are there SF/Bay Area GAF meetups ever?
Welcome back to the Bay 😊

If there are any Bay Area meetups, I wouldn't know. The only time I met with other GAF members here is when PSX was in San Francisco in December 2015.

If we ever plan one, we should go to that good ole arcade in Oakland I've been hearing of. I haven't been because I don't know anyone here that is interested.

I wouldn't mind a meet somewhere. I suggested the arcade in my post above, but that's in Oakland and may not be accessible for some. I don't mind doing SF or somewhere in San Mateo or San Jose.

If any of you are interested, what do you have in mind?

gazele

Banned

If there are any Bay Area meetups, I wouldn't know. The only time I met with other GAF members here is when PSX was in San Francisco in December 2015.

If we ever plan one, we should go to that good ole arcade in Oakland I've been hearing of. I haven't been because I don't know anyone here that is interested.

I wouldn't mind a meet somewhere. I suggested the arcade in my post above, but that's in Oakland and may not be accessible for some. I don't mind doing SF or somewhere in San Mateo or San Jose.

Thanks!

I'm actually in Oakland so I definitely need to look into this arcade

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

Since I'm new to the area and not adverse to driving, I wouldn't care where.

So I think the biggest groups here on GAF are near SF, South Bay (SJ), and (North-) East Bay.

We can get a general consensus of which parts to go to.

-------------------- Gauging Interest for GAF 2017 BayGaf Summer Meetup -----------------

Anyone who is interested in a GAF meet up, add a "1" to an area were you would like to meet. You may add to any and all the locations. The winning area will be designated 2017 Summer Bay GAF destination. After, we will scout within that area for places to go.

Carry forward the addition into your replies.

SF: +1
South: +1
East: +1

v1lla21

^^hateradio, you moved by the shopping center off of Almaden, right?

Yup that was the last time I met with any gaf members besides some of my buddies who are on here. Lol.

I'd be down for a meetup. Anywhere is cool for me I can drive and offer rides to peeps.

AcridMeat

Banned
It's been a long time, I suggest Coin Op. It's pretty decently sized and central SF (near Caltrain and BART) so it should be easy enough for folks to meet up there. If y'all wanna do an afternoon on a weekend it isn't as crowded, plus there's lots of places to go from there if anyone wants to continue the party.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'd be up to meet in East Bay or SF. And if it's in SF or Oakland I'd prefer being able to Bart. I'm already having nightmares driving to and out of the city during traffic.

Even though I'm in the south bay I don't mind coming up to the City or Oakland/Berkeley area. It's been a while since we've had one of these and there's a lot of new faces to the area.

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone have opinions on the place I suggested? Or other places they want to suggest?

Seems like we have enough people interested to warrant setting this up for real.

I'd be interested. I'm mid-peninsula, so I could go either way (thought SJ-ish is easier for me). Only been in the bay area about a month or so now.

Mairu

It's been a long time, I suggest Coin Op. It's pretty decently sized and central SF (near Caltrain and BART) so it should be easy enough for folks to meet up there. If y'all wanna do an afternoon on a weekend it isn't as crowded, plus there's lots of places to go from there if anyone wants to continue the party.
I'd try to make it to a meet up and this spot looks good. One vote for SF or somewhere in the east bay accessible by Bart here.

Looks good to me.

M52B28

Banned
I think coin-op looks like a great place. I can't believe I haven't heard of the place before.

As for other places to go, I'm willing to meet anywhere within the Bay area. I don't mind driving, but for Coin-op, I think I may use Caltrain or BART, but it depends on the day.

Top Bottom