• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

luulubuu

^^
Welcome .

what server did you pick BTW ?

also Character shot because why not :p

ffxiv_24092017_015252pku6s.jpg

I'm at siren at the moment

Euphony

Banned
If you want you can get all of the collector's edition extras, ARR HW and SB, as a $40 purchase off the Mogstation. I'm definitely considering going that route but probably not until I get to max level.

luulubuu

If you want you can get all of the collector's edition extras, ARR HW and SB, as a $40 purchase off the Mogstation. I'm definitely considering going that route but probably not until I get to max level.

I don't really care about the rest, I just want the fat chocobo, the complete edition is like 56 dollars at Amazon right now kind of expensive

Bowlie

Banned
Welcome! To your question, the complete edition means potentially a few hundred hours to spend in the game, so only if you're certain you'll enjoy your time with it. I assume you're in the trial period?

luulubuu

Welcome! To your question, the complete edition means potentially a few hundred hours to spend in the game, so only if you're certain you'll enjoy your time with it. I assume you're in the trial period?

Yes, but I read that SB contains also HS, so if I buy ARR and then that, I get the whole thing?

Bowlie

Banned
Yes, but I read that SB contains also HS, so if I buy ARR and then that, I get the whole thing?

That's correct, Stormblood comes with Heavensward. So maybe buy the Collector's Edition of ARR for your (great) mount and later on see if you feel like buying the expansions.

I don't know if you can still buy the CE for the base game, the upgrade is 20 bucks on Mogstation:

Euphony

Banned

If I found the same thing you did, the $56 complete edition on Amazon has the whole game with all released expansions, so ARR HW and SB. If you buy that you'd be all set. I think it even comes with a month free since the base game includes it. You would not be getting the ARR collectors edition if you get the complete edition though. However like I said before you can buy the digital upgrades off the Mogstation. A single expansion's extras cost $20. If you don't want to pay that, there is another fat chocobo mount you can earn in game but it'll take a long time as you need a lot of player commendations.

Bebpo

Banned
What are the chances Shinryu Ex drops an i330 weapon? I keep forgetting to save my creation tomes for the 1,000 tome weapon and spend it on i330 gear ><

Bebpo

Banned
i335 seems pretty likely.

Oh, I meant it in a do Ex Primals always drop weapons way because Lak Ex didn't. But it sounds like it will. Great, would rather use my tomes on full i330 gear (with the raid drops helping) and farm that Ex for the weapon upgrade.

Guess Who

Banned
Oh, I meant it in a do Ex Primals always drop weapons way because Lak Ex didn't. But it sounds like it will. Great, would rather use my tomes on full i330 gear (with the raid drops helping) and farm that Ex for the weapon upgrade.

Most of them have, Lakshmi was a bit unusual in this sense.

Squishy3

Most of them have, Lakshmi was a bit unusual in this sense.
Not really, it went back to ARR status where one dropped weapons and the other dropped accessories. At Heavensward launch Bismarck's weapons were obsolete immediately because they weren't even required to beat Ravana EX, the upgraded Law weapons were more than good enough.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Square Enix has the most incomprehensible account system ever made.

I've spent over an hour trying to get my account up and running and resubscribed and nothing is working. I keep getting error codes regardless of the credit card I use and which browser I try to complete the transaction.

Everything about their Mog Station account screen is just backwards as hell and so obviously directly translated from Japanese. I remember it being a terrible experience at launch, but it hasn't improved one iota.

Oh well! I guess I won't be playing this again.

Not sure the heal pants in O3S even exist. I haven't seen it drop and cleared the last 6 weeks straight. I only have 2 books since I bought the roborant but wow... I dunno my rng must be incredibly crap. I haven't really been playing outside weeklies but man the pants are the only piece I need left and weapon D:

Even the dumb death salt-lake zone full of death can be pretty sometimes

All I do in this game is take pics with maybe a sprinkle of daily roulettes here and there.

Sorry this is probably a dumb question but how do i get the clothes from the tribes in stromblood ? is there a shop i missed ?

Atolm

Not sure the heal pants in O3S even exist. I haven't seen it drop and cleared the last 6 weeks straight. I only have 2 books since I bought the roborant but wow... I dunno my rng must be incredibly crap. I haven't really been playing outside weeklies but man the pants are the only piece I need left and weapon D:

Both me and my WHM companion have them and another pair went to an alter of someone. On the other hand we have seen 2 SMN books drop to the Floor in O4S. We would be extremely mad without the coffer thing. RNG sucks.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there any reason for desynth leveling to exist besides to add another grind for players when they've maxed out their crafters? Like desynthing an item over and over has to be the most boring leveling of anything in the entire game. Yet some $$$ mats can only be obtained through desynth, but you need to be at a super high level to even be able to desynth them so it's just mindless grind.

Atolm

Is there any reason for desynth leveling to exist besides to add another grind for players when they've maxed out their crafters? Like desynthing an item over and over has to be the most boring leveling of anything in the entire game. Yet some $$$ mats can only be obtained through desynth, but you need to be at a super high level to even be able to desynth them so it's just mindless grind.

Desynth is another of those ideas SE has, and invests time and resources to develop only to completely forget about it a few months later. It was introduced in 2.3 and it was crucial back then since crafters needed Master and Fieldcraft III to upgrade their gear, and also for the relic

They haven't touched desynth since and outside standard stuff like the new mats for regular recipes, nothing has been added to it since 2.3

Same as with Verminion or Chocobo racing, really.

Omni

If anyone needs an AST/WHM sub for v1-4s clears this week, lemme know. Send a message or whatever o:

My static finally rip'd. Will probably just PF stuff for the time being I guess. Don't need any gear; just gearing my ninja with books

Both me and my WHM companion have them and another pair went to an alter of someone. On the other hand we have seen 2 SMN books drop to the Floor in O4S. We would be extremely mad without the coffer thing. RNG sucks.

Seems like you are incredibly lucky, lol. i've seen aiming pants drop far too many times and it's quite honestly royally pissing me off.

Man, did a lot of the main quests already but it seems I'm still very far from the Heavensward ones :|

I'm currently in the "With a Little Elbow Grease" quest.

Am I going to suffer much more lol? I enjoy the game but the story is kind of dragging!

I see everywhere that the Heavensward content is much much better.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction -- but I'm thinking of starting FFXIV again. I did play it before the Heavensward expansion and really enjoyed it. But I'm thinking I should just do over.

I guess my questions is, which server is good for beginners? Or which server is most of GAF on so I can join the community?

Hope you all can help and looking forward to it!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction -- but I'm thinking of starting FFXIV again. I did play it before the Heavensward expansion and really enjoyed it. But I'm thinking I should just do over.

I guess my questions is, which server is good for beginners? Or which server is most of GAF on so I can join the community?

Hope you all can help and looking forward to it!

I don't think there's any "beginner specific servers", you'll probably find helpful people on any server.

Most GAF players are on Ultros, so come join us.

Top Bottom