• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest scene in a cartoon history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

remz

bugs-bunny-remove-FL.gif

It always amazes me how old this cartoon is and how this gif managed to find a perfect context in GAF threads.

Ren & Stimpy - Rubber Nipple Salesman - Mr. Horse and the "Call the police" Walrus.

mqdefault.jpg

Maybe not "the best", but definitely my favorite.

PK Gaming

Man I really botched this thread, I feel like a kid who didn't study for a test that was worth 10% of his final grade. I mean, i now realize the scene i posted is nowhere near the level of some of the videos being posted in this thread. I only I wish picked something better...!

One of my biggest regrets on gaf by far.

Log4Girlz

Ren & Stimpy - Rubber Nipple Salesman - Mr. Horse and the "Call the police" Walrus.

mqdefault.jpg

Maybe not "the best", but definitely my favorite.

So goddamn funny. I also loved the Powdered Toast Man scene where he tosses the bill of rights into the fucking fire.

Also, "No Sir, I don't like it" always makes me laugh.

ackbar

Banned
I couldn't find the right picture from the this episode so this will have to do for now. If I have to rip it to my computer later I will but it is late.

JOh0Z.jpg

Dishwalla

Banned
Interesting fact, this was Arthur Q. Bryan's last cartoon as the voice of Elmer Fudd, as he died during the making of it. Mel Blanc had to dub in a few remaining lines that Arthur Bryan was unable to finish.

It was a weirdly fitting end for Elmer Fudd.
No, none of this is true at all. What's Opera Doc was released in 1957, Bryan didn't die for another two years, and the (actual) last cartoon where he was the voice of Elmer was 1960's Person to Bunny. After Bryan died Elmer was voiced in three cartoons by a different actor, not by Blanc, and a fourth was released in which he had no lines, before the character was retired for the theatrical era.

And secondly the only line that Mel Blanc did as Elmer in this cartoon was when he shouts "SMOG!", and that was only because it was part of the joke. The only other time Blanc voiced Elmer during Bryan's lifetime was in The Scarlet Pumpernickle, where the producers decided it wasn't cost effective to bring in Bryan to record Elmer's minimal lines in the short. Also Elmer is voiced by a person named Dave Barry in the(pretty terrible) 1958 cartoon Pre-Hysterical Hare, as Bryan was part of a strike and reportedly refused to cross the picket lines.

Amagon

bOlq1.gif

I can't believe they got away showing this shit on Ren & Stimpy back in the day. It's pretty crazy rewatching it from a adults perspective.

Katara ruined it
Katara played a key role in making that fight scene legendary. Watching Azula break down when she realized that all the power in the world won't bring her friends back was hard to swallow. She was alone, her father didn't care about her and Azula even believed that her Mother considered her a monster. The flaming terror that stalked team Avatar was reduced to a mere match.

brilliant stuff

AniHawk

some from cowboy bebop:

Pierrot le Fou: First fight It's one of the only times we see Spike get his ass so thoroughly handed to him. I love all the little touches here, like how the camera moves to the right as the garbage bag is thrown before Spike shoots from the left. The way the camera pans back when Pierrot hears the cat. Spike running from the explosion down the alleyway and the angle that's on him and the way the explosion throws him against the wall, and of course the music that's just so eerie. It's fucking fantastic.

Jupiter Jazz Part Two: spike meets gren The english dub is what really sells it, and this is one instance I think would be worse in Japanese. "Strange... lilting tune, and then she would smile- what a smile- so sad... so beautiful." Small moments like Jet letting Spike into the Bebop despite their earlier fight are what make this show. Even Ed, who's hyperactive is toned down to an appropriate level. And Faye is great here too. Of course everything gets lifted up even higher by Space Lion, which is goddamn fantastic.

Ballad of Fallen Angels: Third Act Probably the most famous fight in the series, definitely one of my favorites. A great cap to the episode and introduction to Vicious.

televator

I couldn't find the right picture from the this episode so this will have to do for now. If I have to rip it to my computer later I will but it is late.

JOh0Z.jpg

So many great scenes in this show.

Cowboy Bebop as well.

Gurren Lagann has face melting awesome scenes.

Overall, very good picks in here. You've done good GAF. I'm proud of you.

Here's a scene I really liked from Ergo Proxy:

Context: Re-L is and investigator of sorts and has been on the trail of something she isn't even sure what it is. Until, it decides to say hello.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8scR8DTcfM

bigosc2k

Banned
HELL YES.

Other noteworthy ones were the SS3 transformation - "And this....is to go even further beyond. *GOKU THEME*"

Vegeta final flash "fuck everything in that general direction". Vegeta's SS1 transformation "Tell me, does a machine the likes of you ever experience fear?".

I mean they aren't the greatest EVER. But if you were a kid...you would be coming before you were even old enough to get erections.

That line always gives me a boner

AniHawk

i mean cartoon history eh, another recent favorite:

sym-bionic titan - space age love song
this encapsulates absolutely everything that was right about this show. i mean what an unexpectedly, yet so appropriately awesome song choice with space age love song. i fucking love that first ten seconds where the titan rises in the background as the depth of field switches from the background to the foreground. and then there's the humor in the juxtaposition of kimmy and the titan, the kickass fight scene, and the genuine tribute to the 80s idea of teen romance (in the most honest of ways). i mean god damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom