• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Most Time You've Spent with a Single Player Game?

Qwyjibo

Binding of Isaac Rebirth = 393 hours

If we can count Binding of Isaac as the same game, then it's closer to 600 hours.

ar4757

Maybe in the mid 200's in Pokemon Y

But then I realized it was a shame that that was one of my highest playtimes considering I didn't think the game was all that amazing.

So I went for getting a full living Pokedex in Alpha Sapphire to dethrone Y. Worth it. If replaying the game counts then maybe Persona 4 Golden or Persona 3 Portable, they're up there

Metalgus

Banned
110 hours for the Golden ending in Persona 4. I'm 50 hours into Breath of the Wild and i'll most probably beat that record once I'm done.

If you count only single playthroughs, I believe it's Dragon Quest 8 with (IIRC) 107 hours. I'm pretty sure Zelda: BotW is going to overtake that though, as I have around 80 hours so far and still have many sections of the map to explore and the main quest I'm guessing 3/4 or so done, not to mention all of the in-depth exploration I can still do in the areas I know.

If counting replays, probably Mario 64 is tops - I'm guessing I've put around 400+ hours into it because of all of the times I've replayed it, mostly speedrunning, and I still play it today from time to time. I might even be selling that time short. NHL 2000 is up there too as I've played a lot of full seasons on it (going to say 200+ hours?), and FF7 I've played through 3 times and will probably do a 4th someday, for a total of maybe 150 hours.

If you want to be cute and call World of Warcraft soloing to be single player, than that would take the cake though. I never spent all that much time playing with others (though it's still a decent chunk), but I'm guessing I have around 20-25 days played over all characters I've ever made without ever making it to max level. Done with that game though, can't get into it without being bored now.

Football Manager 2010
Football Manager 2011
Football Manager 2012
Football Manager 2013
Football Manager 2014
Football Manager 2015
Football Manager 2016
Football Manager 2017... soon

thatJohann

Whoa. You guys are hardcore.

I put in 29 hours in Horizon and wanted to die from the feeling of putting so many hours into a game. I could never do this again. I like my games short like 6 hours max.

Dread to think how much time I spent on Football Manager 2007. 300 hours+ at a minimum?

Not bought a Football Manager game since as they dominate my free time completely.

Pokemon FireRed I had somewhere between 300-500 hours.

Animal Crossing: Wild World would be really up there if it had a timer, too.

For a traditional RPG it was probably 70-80 hours on Final Fantasy VII.

CLBridges

Just recently clocked about 110ish in FFXV. Haven't done that in an SP in awhile. Back in the day though I probably had hundreds of hours in FFXII with multiple playthroughs and hunting.

13ruce

Banned
Pokemom Platinum between 300 and 400 hours.
Skyrim 250+ hours
Monster Hunter 3 and 4 200+
BotW 110+
Pokemom Moon 105+

BotW will probably beat them around summer when hard mode is out and when the story dlc is out add another 100+ hours:p

I got Pokemon Red and Pokemon Silver to 999:59 on the game clocks. I think the only other singleplayer only game I have over 150 hours on on the top of my head is my 100% complete save of Tales of Vesperia. I have countless games at 75+ hours, and too many that don't track overall playtime.

Animal Crossing New Leaf - 156 hours
Fire Emblem Awakening - 153 hours
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - 140 hours

I don't have play times for Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Gold, or Age Of Mythology and they might be even higher.

Hyun Sai

97 hour in FFVII. Could have been much less, but I was farming to be able to beat the emerald weapon without any materia equipped.

Including replays, Kingdom Hearts
Including sports games, SmackDown! vs. Raw 2007
Not including either of the above, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (60~ hours)

There's really no way for me to say how many hours I put into the first two games, but I know for sure that they are my most played games in those categories. It's not easy for me to put tons of hours into a single playthrough of a game, even if it's an RPG that has enough content to fill 100s of hours. If I created a list of my top ten games based on time, all but KH would be a sports game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
100 hours in Tales of Graces f (platinum)
100 hours in Thetrhythm Final Fantasy
110 hours in Final Fantasy XIII (platinum)

Raiden

Banned
Probably Ocarina of Time because i was 10 and that game basically forced me to learn English.

Took me forever to finish and lack of cash and other games kept me going.

Still my goat to this day.

Adding my mutltiple mass effect one at roughly 15 play throughs at 10-30 hours each...its hard. Id say second to that I put 180 hours into fallout 4 on xbox one (gasp i know someone likes that game KILL HIIIM) third is a tie between witcher 3 and ffxv. I also know i spent a ton of time in skyrim throughout the years but it cannot have been more than 100
There are also alot of games i spent tons of time in (85-90)
Hours like dragon age inquisition and dark souls 3.

Surprisingly I think it's Fallout 4 at around 350 hours.

My man.

Floody

It's either Black Ops 1 or Borderlands 2, both are in like the 500+ hour range, it's hard to keep track with Borderlands 2 though as I've played it across multiple platforms.

Theosmeo

I think I've played through Mega Man Zero 3 at least 30 times, but my playthroughs got faster each time so I don't know how long that actually is

Teepo671

I put in about 160 hours into Persona 4 Golden. So far it's the only Persona game I ever actually completed and the first one I've played since the first Persona on the PSX. About 140 into Pokemon Diamond. If I combine Pearl it might surpass my P4G playtime. I think it was around that time I attempted to raise competitive pokemon which is probably why I put in more time on those versions than any other past or future pokemon games.

By the end of the Witcher 3 I had well over 200 hours.

Persona 4 Golden probably in the 150-175 range.

BotW I probably played for 100-120.

I don't really dump that much time into single player games, so the ones that do keep me coming back that long are very special.

1upsuper

Whoa. You guys are hardcore.

I put in 29 hours in Horizon and wanted to die from the feeling of putting so many hours into a game. I could never do this again. I like my games short like 6 hours max.

Wow. Do you ever replay games you really enjoyed? What about RPGs? Sorry, this post is just blowing my mind. Do you mostly play smaller indie games?

As for myself, there are a bunch of SP games I've put over 100 hours into, but very few break the 200 hour mark. If I had to guess, I'd say FTL, Dragon Quest Monsters, and Super Mario 64 are among those very few.

MikeyB

I used to play MOO 2 single player a lot. Same with Escape Velocity and Rogue Squadron.

The most hours total though is probably Morrowind. I never beat it, but must have spent 100s of hours mucking around.

If sports and wrestling games going then I put upwards of 100 hours+ on both Smackdown HCTP and MVP Baseball 2005. In HCTP I had nearly every wrestler reach a rating of 10.0 or 100 basically and in MVP Baseball 2005 I played 4 consecutive 162 games seasons with my NY Mets without skipping a single game. That doesn't not include spring training games (which I played all) and post season games.

GTA III for PS2 I'm sure I put upwards of 200 hours. I beat that game countless times, it was so bad I use to have dreams about driving around in Liberty City. I swear if that game's rendition of Liberty City was a real place, I wouldn't get lost.

Top Bottom