• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Zero seems like it's getting the HD treatment

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
seems like a foregone conclusion.

I liked 0. was it really *that* polarizing?

Tagyhag

I sure as hell hope not, Zero was the game that made me realize Resident Evil had jumped the shark and the name was dead to me until 4.

Zero being remastered before 2 and 3 is insane.

Nemesis_

I recently replayed Resident Evil Zero and it was definitely a polarising game for me internally. It just didn't have the pizazz or the polish that REmake had and replaying REmake recently with the HD Remaster only confirmed this for me.

What I did appreciate, however, and I acknowledge many did not - was that the enemies in this game were much more organic than in previous games. Almost every enemy in the game is just an animal. I really appreciated the simplicity.

I hated the story and the leeches and the singing and shit though. That was just horrendous.

would buy it anyway

I liked 0 more than 6. So...

I personally liked it and would buy on Steam again easily. Along with CVX HD if/when they get off their asses to port that to PC.

Ralemont

not me
seems like a foregone conclusion.

I liked 0. was it really *that* polarizing?

Zero was the game when I knew RE needed to evolve. The whole thing felt so stale to me. Then RE4 came along...

I'm not going to call it a bad game, though.

Tagyhag

Just hurry up and do RE4 and rake in more money than ever before.

4's HD Project is probably better than anything Capcom will ever do with that game.

Bless that team.

What?
RE2 and RE3 would require a shit ton of work and money to remaster, while Zero just needs character models updated, new lighting and maybe voice work.

But yes......'insane'.

You're definitely right budget-wise (Which makes sense considering the hole Capcom is in now) but it's like jumping from one great game, over 2 good games, and landing straight into a pile of turds.

kunonabi

Loved the gameplay in Zero but hated the story. I'm indifferent to a remake since I'm quite content with my GC and Wii versions. If they add co-op that is another matter.

Please please please please

Fuck the haters. I enjoyed RE0 immensely, even if RE4 blew our collective souls and minds. It was no REMake, but as a survival horror and co-op game it was fantastic in my book. The setting and graphics were also beautifully crafted considering how they moved from the basic mansion formula to a train. Too bad they probably don't have the original assets for this either.

If Capcom can add online co-op somehow I'll consider this a better deal than REMake PC.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Did a complete playthrough of Zero just a few nights ago, first time I ever beat it.

I really enjoyed it, kind of dragged towards the end and the story is 'meh' but good lord that game is gorgeous. Not really scary at all but definitely one of the most difficult classic style RE games IMO.

I'd welcome an HD remaster with open arms, and an open wallet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While I didn't like 0, fine with me. Bring it to more platforms than Nintendo is A-OKAY with me.

Now just remake Bio2-3, goddamn it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I never finished 0, but now's a good opportunity to. It's not a bad game, but nowhere near as interesting as REmake.

I wasn't too much of a fan of the partner stuff. It was one of the weaker RE games for the classic style for me.

Zero was easily the worst game in the original style. The opening was pretty incredible but man, things sure went to downhill fast after that.

Having said that, I'd still buy a HD re-release. Bad old school RE > Modern generic shooter RE.

BasilZero

Great news!

I loved Zero and it was the first RE game I played/finished :p

Hopefully for PC too just like the others ;o

I'd try it out if they give you alternative controls. I skipped Zero on GameCube because they got rid of Type C and went back to shitty tanks only.

DedValve

Banned
Seems its very likely they'll be doing an HD Remaster of Zero once they're done with REmake. The response to Capcom working on this should be interesting, as Zero is probably the most polarizing entry in the series (some love it, others think it's boring).

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohd/ja/news/

If we are talking about classics then sure, RE0 and CVX are polarizing.

I'd be down for it though, I really dug zero and honestly can't remember much. A playthrough is in order to really seep in the good and bad.

Also HOW DO I GET THAT THEME. Is it only JP pre-orders?

Have you, umm, played it?
Yes, and I think I did everything except 100% of the leech hunt (I think my max was 98 leeches). REMake was amazing, but I really enjoyed RE0's train car sections a lot. It was a very different feeling and the last thing I expected from a survival horror game, especially since city kids like me were pretty much used to standard city trains. It was a real great effort even if it was just an early part of RE0.

I know that was just one part of the game, but it was fresh and interesting to me. I'd have to replay it again to see the game in it's entirety.

lachesis

well it's a good news for me I guess... never played Zero although I had bought it for my GC- then sold the GC due to the Wii BC. Then my Wii was taken by my nephew and my Wii U doesn't have BC (unless I do home-brew, which I'm not too comfortable doing so.)

Nemesis_

Yes, and I think I did everything except 100% of the leech hunt (I think my max was 98 leeches). REMake was amazing, but I really enjoyed RE0's train car sections a lot. It was a very different feeling and the last thing I expected from a survival horror game, especially since city kids like me were pretty much used to standard city trains. It was a real great effort even if it was just an early part of RE0.

I know that was just one part of the game, but it was fresh and interesting to me. I'd have to replay it again to see the game in it's entirety.

It was just such a small part of the game though, I'm surprised it left such a lasting impression on somebody :p

But yeah I get what you mean, I guess. I just wish they did more of it. I actually thought Zero was a little too reliant on the typical tropes / structure of the games and that's why people found it stale at the time.

But that RE2 cock tease was just the worst. I will never forgive Capcom for that :(

Top Bottom