• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo adds "Onett Times": EarthBound Announcement community to Miiverse.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just browsed Miiverse and saw this. Very interesting. No posts yet, though, of course. Update: There's now a post, but not an exciting one.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073047417453/14866558073053591004

Your official source for the latest EarthBound news and information. Posting is restricted to Nintendo representatives, but feel free to add your own comments.

The Japanese Mother 2 Miiverse board has no equivalent to this community, suggesting that the news will be related to the English version of the game.

Additionally, the English EarthBound site has been updated with a message from Itoi.

http://earthbound.nintendo.com/message/

Unfamiliar with Miiverse - do these exist for every Nintendo franchise?

If so, not suprised. It's a page for the game's community & posts not directly related to the game itself.

If not... new Earthbound incoming?

Exclusive screenshots of the Onett stage for the new Smash Bros! Then the community slowly fades into the dark, never to be used again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It is with great joy that the Earthbound Nintendo team proudly announces Metroid: Other M 2 for Wii U.

Thorakai

I wonder how a Nintendo Mother 3 translation would stack up the the fanmade one. I would imagine there would be some debate on how to handle the magypsies.

Somnid

Unfamiliar with Miiverse - do these exist for every Nintendo franchise?

If so, not suprised. It's a page for the game's community & posts not directly related to the game itself.

If not... new Earthbound incoming?

All Wii U games have one. Some 3DS games do and there's a few more generalized ones (Zelda, Smash Bros). Many have an announcement community which is what this is. Posts are restricted to Nintendo employees but users can comment. It is perhaps indication that they wish to do something official with the community regarding Earthbound. For example in the Luigi U community they are having a contest to see who can complete the game with the fewest coins and in the Smash Bros community Sakurai posts daily pictures.

hd remake of mother 1, imminent release of mother 3, and upcoming wii u exclusive mother 4.

sike-u-mad-bro.jpg

Bluth54

Isn't the English translation of Earthbound Zero/ Mother 1 basically done but the game was scrapped? I could see them releasing that before Mother 3 since Mother 3 would require them to translate the game.

solarus

The mother 3 translation was so well done and perfect I could not care less if Nintendo translated it. A 3DS release of earthbound is something I would pay an absurd amount for.

Tohsaka

I wonder how a Nintendo Mother 3 translation would stack up the the fanmade one. I would imagine there would be some debate on how to handle the magypsies.

They could just purchase the fan translation and edit it, if needed. XSEED has done it with some of the Ys games and it's been done multiple times with visual novel localizations.

Andrew.

Banned
I'm curious to see the Earthbound sales numbers since its VC release last week.

Probably has already sold more than its initial SNES release.

FSLink

Banned
After seeing the fan reception on Miiverse, Itoi now decides to take up Mother 4, exclusively on Wii U. Beliieeveeeee

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
After seeing the fan reception on Miiverse, Itoi now decides to take up Mother 4, exclusively on Wii U. Beliieeveeeee

...but we then noticed the huge backlash Earthbound got for being $2 more on the eShop. Therefore, we cancelled the development of Mother 4. Please understand.

Top Bottom