• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Me, Myself & Irene...Best comedy this decade? Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

Me Myself and Irene is a great great movie. Its definitely one of my favorite comedies

DieNgamers said:
Shaun of the Dead
shaun-of-the-dead.jpg

This as well. Could be the best comedy of the decade.

McNei1y

-COOLIO- said:
borat easily.

as for the most rewatchable, im not sure.

Taking the rewatchable aspect into comedies, its hard to place Anchorman as the best comedy. It was really fucking funny the first time through. Then the next time it was just meh and all the jokes were said by everyone and just got on my nerves.

Me Myself and Irene I could watch again and again, which I have. Its been on HBO alot recently and my Dad and I just turn it on and enjoy it.

Borat was a great movie too but the same about the rewatchable. You laugh at the jokes the first time because you aren't expecting it. When you rewatch it, you know their coming so they aren't as great.

Zep said:
I promise to never again shit talk the Nats..

haha, I hope this year turns some heads so alot of others feel the same way.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Black Dynamite...

but 99% of gaf hasn't seen it because the diabolical dick shrinking man has been keeping it down.

adg1034

I'm not sure if it's my favorite comedy of the decade, but Forgetting Sarah Marshall has to be pretty well up there on my list. Even after many, many repeated viewings, it never fails to make me smile. Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Jason Segel, and a Dracula musical. Doesn't get much better than that, folks.

ChryZ

I, for one, will stand and salute: Me Myself and Irene, I'll happily bow to its greatness.

edit: yes I fucking wasted and my statement is still vaild

Tokubetsu

Definitely in my top 3. I saw this again the other day for the first time in years and I'd dub it classic. Tons of good shit comedy wise dropped this decade though.

Zep

Banned
I just wanna know..For everyone who is shitting on it, when was the last time you seen it? I mean it did come out 9 years ago.

I'd go with Talledaga Nights, but I live in West Virginia so that's pretty much a documentary film to us.

Honorable mentions go to Old School and Shaun of the Dead. I really have to see the Hangover and that car salesman movie that just came out recently.

I thought 40 Year Old Virgin was pretty damned good. My main complaint, however, is the amount of shit comedy movies it spawned after it. Ugh.

I saw Irene in the theater. Loved the bits with Jim Carrey and his sons, but I remember practically nothing about the rest of the movie.

If I recall, a lot of it was Jim and Rene running from angry gun-wielding bad guys.

I always hate it when comedies feel the need to add 'action capers' for no reason. That movie would have been a lot funnier had they just focussed on the characters- Jim and his sons for 2 hours could have been great.

I should also mention that I haven't seen it since....

Chao

DieNgamers said:
I haven't seen the movie in the op but my personal favourites are these, anyway:

Hot Fuzz
hot-fuzz.jpg

Shaun of the Dead
shaun-of-the-dead.jpg

Just seeing those pics makes me grin. :D

I don't know where's the funny on those movies. I was told Shaun of the Dead was the best fucking zombie comedy of the century, and I didn't laugh a single time.

Superbad on the other hand...

Nyx

To make a definite choice I would need to see a list of all comedies of the last decade.

But, the first one that popped in my mind was Superbad.

Chao said:
I don't know where's the funny on those movies. I was told Shaun of the Dead was the best fucking zombie comedy of the century, and I didn't laugh a single time.

Superbad on the other hand...

I am pretty sure that people who found Superbad to be the comedy of the decade wouldn't find Shaun of the dead funny.

Watched me myself and Irene recently and it was funnier than I initially remembered. It really is a movie I can watch whenever it's on.

Was surprised how long it took for Napoleon Dynamite to be mentioned.

ZeoVGM

Banned
elrechazao said:
zoolander and step brothers? This isn't "unfunniest movies of the decade" thread.

That's why he said them! They're hilarious.

I'm going to have to go with The Hangover. Runner ups being Anchorman and 40 Year Old Virgin.

I'm fairly easy to amuse when it comes to comedy. All you need is some well placed profanity and random, fucked up situations and I'm usually having a good time. For this reason alone, I was going to nominate Superbad for best comedy of the decade. That is until I saw this link posted. Now I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

Holy shit I forgot how amazing this movie is! :lol

But seriously, Superbad needs more respect. It did give birth to "fuck my life," after all.

Lebron

bjaelke said:
Undercover Brother should get an honorable mention for best surprise of the decade.
"You see it all through history, they never give the black man credit.
Jesus Christ: black man.
Babe Ruth: Black! Man!
Madonna: .... sleeps with black men.
Think about it."

Good o'l Chappelle.

Zeliard said:

It took this fucking long for this to show up????

Probably my favorite movie of the decade. Jesus Christ, I can't believe how hilarious it was :lol Too many great lines in that movie..

It's clearly Napoleon Dynamite. It truly is a funny movie, too. As in, it doesn't rely on sex jokes every ten seconds, but rather situational humor. The entire concept is funny.

seat

The first ten minutes are genuinely hilarious, I'll give it that, but the rest of Me, Myself and Irene is a forgettable bore-fest with not a single laugh.

DKehoe

Gold Member
I didn't find Anchorman to be as funny as everyone said. Maybe because it took me a while to get round to seeing it and by that time I had already had every good part ruined by so many people repeating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom