• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyy

If it was a controlled leak, it's still a verified legitimate leak right? It's some cool news XB1 owners can be happy about.

Im not taking contention with that, it was the dude implying we only think its a controlled leak because we're all supposedly super MS haters

Sony had a nice run, but it's all over for 'em now!

BA9X7IH.gif
LOL x 1zillion?

It seems to be implying he was played like a fiddle. Which would go along with the idea that cboat was fed false information that only he was told which narrowed down the leaker and got him outed.

Or he could be showing some form of respect? But the word choice is veerryy suspicious...CBOAT COME FORTH!!

ntkrnl

Anything else you can tell us about Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, or Killer Instinct season 2?

Sunset Overdrive is set in some weird fucking future (like 2020)

Everyone drinks this fucking drink, Overcharge XT or whatever and you either turn into one of these giganto monsters or you die.

This big corp (Microsoft, lol) takes control of the city trying to wipe this shit out, because its their drink and they fucked up.

Supposedly there is managed content that will be developed for an entire year, as it is an open/breathable world.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
For leaking this much information over the course of a decade?

Instant firing. Depending on what CBOAT signed, legal repercussions. It could be very serious. CBOAT has fed us information for years. NeoGAF as a community has grown because of it in some small way. We have a lot to be indebted to him for as a community. I hope we all remember that no matter what we find out.

Yup... litigation up the whazoo, possible jail sentence. Being fired is the least of his worries.

Zephyx

No one is sure, but something really strange happened tonight. And there are some tenuous tendrils that seem to connect that event to this leaker in this topic, some weird comments he made for a junior just joining the community.

Nobody knows for sure anything. Gopher made a wink at not all being as it seems, and none of this news is so extraordinary it's hard to believe, but there are some thoughts as to the motivation behind all this and what the full picture is

I can't see the full picture now but it's sad we lost CBOAT if the speculation in this thread is true. Seems like he was trapped. :(

Anyway, the information in these leaks are very specific. Seems to me that this is planned all along. It's hard to prove it but with all that's happened, I really can't shake this ill feeling. Maybe this leaker is someone under Penello due to planning information he has.

I'm curious, I don't know how the industry works, but in what position would one have to work to get all the information that was leaked by ntkrnl. They have leaks from a whole spectrum of areas; various games - including reboots of older franchises, ports, and sequels, targeted release dates for games and the console itself, beta information for Halo 5 due for the end of the year, new SKU information (incl price), and apparently also the contents of Halo 2 anniversary editions. How "high up" would you have to be to know all of this, would any ordinary game-dev (with friends in various areas) have access to this info?

I know he posted something along the lines of "incapable of fear", but dropping all of this, all within such a short period just seems to be an impossibility. If this was a real leaker, it would be very bad for their future prospects to be caught, and this would be on their mind. As such, I don't see how they would be comfortable releasing such detailed information from such a wide variety of aspects within the Xbox Division.

Whether actual leaks or a controlled release of information, it is interesting to see, but I wish it wasn't all so murky.

Gorillaz

Late to the thread

I hope Cboat wasn't taken down by coporate or because some fanboy got there feelings hurt. For better or worse he has been a good source for years regardless.

New guy talking leaks sound interesting but very over the top. Why would MS blow there halo load like that? They aren't in Nintendo trouble. It almost comes off as a wet dream for people.

This no optical drive shit guarantees I won't pick up an Xbone ever if that's the only other option for not paying 500 for the system.

I will not pay 100 more for a Kinect I won't use.

I will not buy only digital after what MS tried to pull with the DRM stuff. I don't trust them with it.

If they're not putting out a 399 Xbone with an optical drive and no Kinect, I guess I'm not going to be owning one ever.

Faddy

Banned
now that there's positive leaks on MS side they are now controlled leaks. LOL

You leak stuff about one game and it is sceptical, who cares
You leak about two to show you are a true insider
You leak stuff about 3 games and you are showing off

We have confirmation of some of the leaked stuff, giving this guy some legitimacy. Now he is talking about 3 Halo ports being released simultaneously, with release dates and beta invites.

Obviously give me all the info but this reeks.

A true leaker decides what they are going to leak and posts, they don't get baited into dripping information about multiple titles to try and prove themselves. I would think the news that Halo2 remake plus 3 and 4 coming to xb1 is something I would have mentioned before the thread reached 45 pages.

BTM

Everyone drinks this fucking drink, Overcharge XT or whatever and you either turn into one of these giganto monsters or you die.

This big corp (Microsoft, lol) takes control of the city trying to wipe this shit out, because its their drink and they fucked up.

Supposedly there is managed content that will be developed for an entire year, as it is an open/breathable world.

Interesting...

LiK

we'll be there in 6 years

Chobel

Not bad.

I remeber insomniac compared it to south park, in the way they wanted to update it with current events, pop culture, and memes, etc. Sounds awesome!

Do you think Quantum Break will make it this year?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

God this sounds fucking cool. I want to believe.

robotrock

Banned

Kinda reminds me of HAZE but not really I guess.

pompidu

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

Nobody wants a port of halo 4.

A true leaker decides what they are going to leak and posts, they don't get baited into dripping information about multiple titles to try and prove themselves. I would think the news that Halo2 remake plus 3 and 4 coming to xb1 is something I would have mentioned before the thread reached 45 pages.
LOL. Is there a school for this or something?

Montresor

You beautiful bastard.

Milennia

Im cool with this, sounds pretty good.

No wonder it is getting a Fall 2014 release date. Sounds like the developers will be still working on the game after its release.

Late to the thread

I hope Cboat wasn't taken down by coporate or because some fanboy got there feelings hurt. For better or worse he has been a good source for years regardless.

New guy talking leaks sound interesting but very over the top. Why would MS blow there halo load like that? They aren't in Nintendo trouble. It almost comes off as a wet dream for people.

wait what is going on? can someone fill me in on this?

Montresor

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

If you are in a position of influence, fuck that noise.

Make it a collection that includes 2, 3, ODST, Reach, and 4.

I'm getting too excited lol....

Drago

Man this game sounds awesome. If there really is a bundle with the game and a white console I'm gonna be extremely tempted to bite...!

ntkrnl

You leak stuff about one game and it is sceptical, who cares
You leak about two to show you are a true insider
You leak stuff about 3 games and you are showing off

We have confirmation of some of the leaked stuff, giving this guy some legitimacy. Now he is talking about 3 Halo ports being released simultaneously, with release dates and beta invites.

Obviously give me all the info but this reeks.

I'm a huge bitch for being baited... what can I say?

No drama, not gonna stop because anyone is unappreciative or thinks that I am a shill, or some plant. All good.

I'm having fun.

rdrr gnr

Because those insiders have been around for years, not 1 day.
I'm a bit suspicious myself. I mean if you really think about it he's not leaking something that wasn't already assumed to some degree or is wholly unsurprising. There's a leak and then there is a premature announcement. The whole point with insiders is that you leak megatons and you leak stuff the company would dislike going public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom