• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun XBLA Launches Sept 14!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ohhh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss... I love treasure I want to experience this...for the first time!!!!

first I get to experience OoT for the first time now this
Sept is going to be a great but expensive month for me

Star Fox 64 3DS
Dead Island
now this

also need to pick up(download) SFIII online as well

wallet is going to be crying....

Very nice, I will get this for sure. I clicked the link and saw Guardian Heroes info and got excited....we need a release date damnit

_dementia said:
Can't wait for folks to be disappointed by the hype.

That said, will buy.

but it sells for so much money, it must be the best game ever!

just kidding, wish this was guardian heroes, but day 1, despite there being many better shooters on the system.

Smision said:
but it sells for so much money, it must be the best game ever!

just kidding, wish this was guardian heroes, but day 1, despite there being many better shooters on the system.

Suggestions on the better shooters? Just got my slim and I wouldn't mind grabbing a few

Tain

Cool. I haven't played this in a few years.

At the very very least, the presentation is ridiculous, it could have a cool arrange mode, and the game itself might be okay should I ever force myself to play for score. Can't be worse than the last two Bangai-O games!

Snkfanatic said:
Suggestions on the better shooters? Just got my slim and I wouldn't mind grabbing a few

Ikaruga is up on XBL

then:
--Raiden 4
--Deathsmiles 1
--Deathsmiles 2 (only on games on demand, no retail)
--See the cave shooter thread for a list of region free modern Cave games

MechaX

1175453128980hx1.gif

Out of fucking nowhere. Day one.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Snkfanatic said:
My two favorite have been Raiden Fighter Aces, Compile of Raiden 1,2, and Jets, and Mushihime Futari.

I've never been able to explain why I prefer those over ones like Espangdla II, Raiden IV(Didn't like this one at all), Ikaruga, Deathsmiles, and others. But they just had the best natural feel to me.

Tain

Snkfanatic said:

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 is the big one. Japanese region free release, I think you can still get it for its re-release price. It's probably the best choice if you can only get one.

Outside of that, you have the North American Deathsmiles release and the rest of the region-free Cave games (Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets pack, Deathsmiles IIX via Games on Demand, Espgaluda 2 Black Label), all of which are great games.

On XBLA you have Strania, Guwange (my least favorite Cave game), Triggerheart Excelica, and KoF Sky Stage (needless hate is strong on this one). Ikaruga, too, of course.

RFA is a great bundle, but I haven't put any time into trying to single credit clear any of its games. Same goes for Raiden IV.

There's a ton on the system, basically.

_dementia said:
Can't wait for folks to be disappointed by the hype.

That said, will buy.

I wonder when it became cool to hate on RS... :(

sad day indeed.

I don't want hipsters hating on my radiant silvergun.

Tain

oh, there's no fronting (hipsterdom) when it comes to my Radiant Silvergun distaste

The game is no fun if you don't like its chaining. That's all there is to it.

Gaspode_T

Hells yeah!!! By the way you guys are too dense to pick up on my hint dropping in the XBLA thread :p

I am trying to beat Ikaruga by Sept 14th. We'll see if I unlock unlimited continues or not (6 hours of play?)

For shmup recommendations, you HAVE TO GET STRANIA! Now!!! It is so freaking underrated. Strania also has DLC that is cheap and doubles the length of the game (but it is not for the weak, nor is the game itself). If you like moe anime characters Trouble Witches Neo has actually been pretty fun too as sort of a starter bullet hell game it might work pretty well once you figure out the stop shooting and collecting coin bit. Guwange is also pretty fun, and Death Smiles IIX is available in Games on Demand.

Gaspode_T

By the way I can take a picture of Radiant Silvergun at Super Potato next time I'm there, I can't remember how much it is but I think something like $150 (it's more than Panzer Dragoon Saga)

diffusionx

Gold Member
Sold my Saturn copy earlier this year for like, $175. I'm happy about this.

DoctorWho said:
I game that sells for a shitload of money on the ebays can't suck, can it?

It doesn't suck but it's not as good as the hype suggests.

Outside of the production values and staging, which are amazing. The core mechanics are problematic.

LiK

Gaspode_T said:
By the way I can take a picture of Radiant Silvergun at Super Potato next time I'm there, I can't remember how much it is but I think something like $150 (it's more than Panzer Dragoon Saga)
Price drop? Also, Super Potato = best store name.

andymcc

Banned
Gaspode_T said:

Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG isn't worth nearly as much as RS, so that's why. :p

and Super Potato is overpriced.

Tain said:
oh, there's no fronting (hipsterdom) when it comes to my Radiant Silvergun distaste

The game is no fun if you don't like its chaining. That's all there is to it.

yep. the chaining system and the level design SUCK. as someone that hates grinding as much as you do, i'm surprised that the manner in which you level up weapons in Saturn mode isn't absolutely repellent to you.

the aesthetic, soundtrack and boss battles are really fucking awesome though.

Gaspode_T said:

Cheaper than I expected. I thought PDS was going for $300 at one point.

Tain

Is Azel really an expensive game? I thought it was only the NA version with a high price. I had to sell that one a bit ago.

Smision said:
Ikaruga is up on XBL

then:
--Raiden 4
--Deathsmiles 1
--Deathsmiles 2 (only on games on demand, no retail)
--See the cave shooter thread for a list of region free modern Cave games

Thanks!

0 HP

_dementia said:
At the beginning of XBLA's life, re-releases of old arcade games were $5. He has a point.
Treasure actually did the port in-house, but idk what the details are. They graphics are enhanced at least

Top Bottom