• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

The great thing about the evolved form of the slink mechanic in P5 is that they actually do shit now for non party members instead of just boosting fusions, giving you extra incentives to do them. People falling over themselves to not enjoy the game should take in some fresh air and take their time with the game.

I also saw the first billboard ad for f8 of the furious and i am highly confused.
I am gonna guess the 9th movie is gonna have F9nal Furious as the title.

The great thing about the evolved form of the slink mechanic in P5 is that they actually do shit now for non party members instead of just boosting fusions, giving you extra incentives to do them. People falling over themselves to not enjoy the game should take in some fresh air and take their time with the game.

I also saw the first billboard ad for f8 of the furious and i am highly confused.
I am gonna guess the 9th movie is gonna have F9nal Furious as the title.

What's the slink mechanic again?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got nier and a dongle for pc using ds4. Decommissioning the 360 controller ;~;7

I've got like 5 or 6 Xbox 360 controllers now that I'll never use because the DS4 is the PC controller now. No idea what to do with them, but I also don't want to get rid of them. What if I manage to have more than two friends over and they want to play Gang Beasts or something.

convo

What's the slink mechanic again?
Slinks are bonds you form with characters with portraits, with who you engage in dating sims.
In P5 people can be Confidants that you advance like slinks but the non party characters can actually provide valuable support for you. Some abilities you aquire by leveling those up really help out in speeding things up like
being able to go to dungeons and do normal activities on the same day

Slinks are bonds you form with characters with portraits, with who you engage in dating sims.
In P5 people can be Confidants that you advance like slinks but the non party characters can actually provide valuable support for you. Some abilities you aquire by leveling those up really help out in speeding things up like

Oh yeah that's right. Thanks for the clarification, yeah I like this mechanic a lot!

Who has that ability?

Hjod

Banned
What is love...?

CD8D497584FFAF252605C389B04233C5AD2A097B

Tell me who I have to fuck to get that bonus because got damn that would make things so much better.
Edit: never mind just scrolled down

Mr. F

Banned
I watched the Tender Loving Care playdate twice over the past few days, they reeeally need to get back to that soon.

It's a very small touch but I really like the Infiltration Log in Persona 5, kind of a minor version of the way Let it Die shows you progress after leaving a floor.

So far my only issues with P5 are:
- The occasional weird localization stuff that others have pointed out
- The weird arbitrary ways it forces you to waste time, like making you spend a whole day sending a calling card or Morgana not letting you spend your evening on something. I know there's story shit happening tomorrow but for tonight just let me watch a movie!

Everything else is 👌

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I'm like at the 4th palace and I really don't notice any localisation issues. I think it's... pretty good?

Definitely feels like something overblown through placebo.

So far my only issues with P5 are:
- The occasional weird localization stuff that others have pointed out
- The weird arbitrary ways it forces you to waste time, like making you spend a whole day sending a calling card or Morgana not letting you spend your evening on something. I know there's story shit happening tomorrow but for tonight just let me watch a movie!

Everything else is 👌

The game can get frustrating when it gets into those sequences where it railroads you for like a week.

tonka

The game can get frustrating when it gets into those sequences where it railroads you for like a week.

yeah I remember renting out 4 DVDs for a week and couldn't watch them at all, and then returned them.

Do they ever actually charge you the late fee?

Mr. F

Banned
Why can't anyone make one of these games without it being janky as hell? Takes me 10 mins trying to close a damn door.

My conspiracy theory is that jank is left intentionally to make for "LOL WHAT XD" youtuber/streaming moments and promo the game.

Megasoum

Banned
Well the game doesn't boot so I would say that it's peak jank

Edit: Had to verify game files integrity to fix it... Right after downloading the game... GG Steam

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"knocks enemy down with Zio, gets extra turn, attacks the same enemy instead of doing Zio on a different enemy to also knock them down"

Maybe I should skip the combat parts :3

I imagine this is the same frustration peeps went through all those years ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom