• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"2014 will mark a renaissance for Sonic the Hedgehog"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camjo-Z

So my friend linked me to this picture today...
jbzatf07MjckkT.jpg

They sure are getting all the mileage they can out of those silhouettes. Anyways, apparently SEGA has big things in store for Sonic this year that we could be hearing of very soon. Perhaps the upcoming Sonic Boom cartoon is part of a larger plan to reboot the series à la Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures?

HUELEN10

Yep, Machinima or Gamespot broke embargo, it's going down tomorrow. Hoping for not a gameplay-reboot and a future with more Unleashed HD styled games, 1 or 2 after that is not enough for me.

Jedi2016

Whole new experience? Revolutionize the genre and revitalize the franchise?

Never heard that before, have we?

Please no. It has never been an issue with how the characters look or their image. Just make good games again. A new art style isn't going to make Sonic more popular.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We've heard that one a million times. Sonic 2006, Sonic 4, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, Sonic Lost World...

TheOGB

Banned
Said this elsewhere, but if this renaissance doesn't include Sonic Battle 2 then get out of my face

But seriously, I guess they really are going the way of Pac-Man with this, full-on.

So wait...that cartoon rumor is real? Oh dear god no.
They confirmed it a while ago. 52 11-minute episodes (Adventure Time style) coming to Cartoon Network this fall.

Go back to the name Dr. Ivo Robotnik and I'm in
That is his name brah

qq more

What renaissance? I thought Sonic Colors and Generations were successful games?

Sigh, I don't understand Sega

Spaghetti

all in for jacked knuckles

get platinum to make an insane action game around him that makes metal gear rising look like baby piss

imagine the infinitely memorable cheesy rap

NTom64

This is going to be amazing. It's either something good or abysmally bad, and knowing Sonic it's usually a mix of the two.

Shitstorm incoming!

HUELEN10

People can laugh all they want, but it just goes to show that there's more to the green-eyed monster than meets the eye.
they say this every time they make a new sonic game...
When was the last time they teased an image that makes the character look this different? Something's up, and the toon might be more connected to the games than we might have original thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom