• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various THQ titles removed from EU PSN Store

Tizoc

Was this brought up yet?

Space Marine, de Blob 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla can no longer be found on the EU webstore.
I expect the same to happen on US PSN as well, so if you have any interest in at least RFG or de Blob 2 better grab them US PSN asap as I expect the same to happen there.

Space Marine is now published by SEGA as it was part of a discounted bundle on Gamersgate, so hopefully it'll show up on PSN again in the near future.

Munin

Can someone tell me, have the publishing rights for existing titles been acquired with whoever bought THQ's entrails or is there a real risk of titles disappearing into the non-buyable void?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone tell me, have the publishing rights for existing titles been acquired with whoever bought THQ's entrails or is there a real risk of titles disappearing into the non-buyable void?

Space Marine is now a Sega title while the other games fall under the umbrella of THQ's legacy IPs and will be auctioned off soon.

Edit: Final bids are due April 15th.

fvng

Is Jeopardy a THQ PSN title? I love game show games so I figure this might be my last chance

MoxManiac

Is there any danger of THQ titles disseapearing from Steam? I want the digital version of Titan Quest Gold but i've been waiting for a sale; but I don't want it to dissapear!

BibiMaghoo

Is there any danger of THQ titles disseapearing from Steam? I want the digital version of Titan Quest Gold but i've been waiting for a sale; but I don't want it to dissapear!

Some of the titles have already updated on Steam, and show as being published by SEGA.

It may be the same with this, except they are pulling them before updating them. Anyone check their download list to see if the games they bought are still downloadable?

Have they gone from the list?

Tizoc

It wouldve helped if they actually stated that the titles would be removed @_@
Wonder if space marine online will still run now i tried it after beating the game weeks ago and found a match easily

Space Marine is now a Sega title while the other games fall under the umbrella of THQ's legacy IPs and will be auctioned off soon.

Edit: Final bids are due April 15th.

Keep in mind though that some IP's of previously THQ-published games are owned by the developer and not by THQ. Metro is an example. Pretty sure the development studio itself own it.

JaseC

Keep in mind though that some IP's of previously THQ-published games are owned by the developer and not by THQ. Metro is an example. Pretty sure the development studio itself own it.

Sure. I was just addressing the game's mentioned in the OP, which are owned by THQ.

Edit: I can see how that's unclear. I thought I'd quoted the OP. :p As far as Metro is concerned, the games are based upon the novels of the same name.

THQ titles are in danger of disappearing worldwide. They're bankrupt...

Bankruptcy + Liquidation = titles go out of print, both physically and digitally.

Add-ons for Saints Row II, Saints Row The Third, Darksiders II, and Red Faction: Armageddon are gone as well from the EU store, including online passes for both versions of Saints Row The Third.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is why I'm not excited about an all digital future. Games going out a print is one thing, you can just track down a copy at a used game store or ebay. Digital game gets yanked, you're shit out of luck unless you pirate it. Not advocating piracy in anyway, just happy we're getting disc based media for at least another generation.

Dawg

Will Darksiders 2 disappear from the EU PSN Store as well? The €9,99 deal is pretty nice, but I know a lot of people who "will buy it eventually".

JaseC

I bought Costume Quest and it's DLC, for fear that they might take them down, seems like it was a sound decision.

Double Fine owns Costume Quest. It may be temporarily pulled once THQ's current publishing contract expires (if it hasn't already -- I don't use PSN/XBLA these days), but Double Fine itself could just put it back up.

Double Fine owns Costume Quest. It may be temporarily pulled once THQ's current publishing contract expires (if it hasn't already -- I don't use PSN/XBLA these days), but Double Fine itself could just put it back up.

Oh well, they were on my "to buy" list anyways, and the PS+ discount was quite sweet, unfortunately the DLC was more costly than the actual game.

Tizoc

What if you bought a game and you deleted it?

You lose it forever?

On PSN a game you bought would always be in your download list, so if you remove it from your HDD, you should still be able to get it via the download list.

maltrain

On PSN a game you bought would always be in your download list, so if you remove it from your HDD, you should still be able to get it via the download list.

Oh, sure, I know that... but I thought that the game would be deleted from the system...

Top Bottom