• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Sudeki has no 32px icon?

It does in the registry

d3b14f708ff2a2bb38298f9a0b33286d60d940c6.jpg

Restart Steam and maybe it will update the required files.

Almighty

The wait for Trails in the Sky is getting to be painful. I am just glad Stick of Truth is only a week away as that should give me a nice RPG fix.

Thorgal

That's sort of awesome and creepy too. (><)

If you are interested in some facts, some hearsay and a bit of speculation on my part.
Xseed admitted that the first game was little delayed some time ago, at that point many believed, myself included that a game still come this winter, but most likely it'll be spring.
I posted twitter pic in II thread (about 31 finished Trails cards) what could suggest that game is either finished or almost finished.
Also I think that second game is unlikely to released this year as was planned, as it requires much more work, but let's hope I'm wrong and we still can get both games this year.

Thanks for the info !

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
valve has been tinkering with steam a lot lately. good, good.

Yes I agree, change is good. It can also be a lot of work (for me) since a lot of their more recent changes have broken things with Enhanced Steam. So there is a lot of fixing going on.

Also, Valve leaving errors in the java console is kinda amateurish.

BruteUA

I may be the only one that cares, but I've been waiting for this one. Yeah, it's a port from mobile, but I'm cool with paying the $3.99 to give back for all the fun I've had on my phone with it.

EDIT - You do care!

Arthea

The wait for Trails in the Sky is getting to be painful. I am just glad Stick of Truth is only a week away as that should give me a nice RPG fix.

keeping in mind that some of us wait from 2007 and some from 2004, it can't get even more painful, at this point I just want to get both games before I die (><)

r3n4ud

I may be the only one that cares, but I've been waiting for this one. Yeah, it's a port from mobile, but I'm cool with paying the $3.99 to give back for all the fun I've had on my phone with it.

You sir, are not the only one who cares. I've been waiting for this one as well. Just need more card money and I shall swoop it up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

They've also confirmed that they'll be giving Steam keys to bundle purchasers. It was in the first Greenlight Bundle and Groupees Be Mine Anniversary bundle.

Grief.exe

keeping in mind that some of us wait from 2007 and some from 2004, it can't get even more painful, at this point I just want to get both games before I die (><)

Its hilarious to me, but every time I have done something risky the past 6 months or so back country snowboarding, backpacking alone, even driving, I keep telling myself that if I die I will never get to experience Dark Souls II.

Its just funny to me that is the thing that makes me worry about my future lol.

Almighty

I guess now that you mention it the six months, or how ever long its been since the Steam announcement, I have been waiting is nothing. I admit I am just not a very patient man.

Arthea

Its hilarious to me, but every time I have done something risky the past 6 months or so back country snowboarding, backpacking alone, even driving, I keep telling myself that if I die I will never get to experience Dark Souls II.

Its just funny to me that is the thing that makes me worry about my future lol.

it totally is! lol
but it's wonderful to want anything so badly, no?

I guess now that you mention it the six months, or how ever long its been since the Steam announcement, I have been waiting is nothing. I admit I am just not a very patient man.

Before steam announcement, all hope was lost, though, so it's kinda like new painful wait for all, no worries (><)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I bought a 4 pack of Orion: Dino | Horde, which i've been waiting for so long to go on sale, and today is like Christmas day. I think Orion: Dino | Horde might be my game of the generation.

One weird thing though--when i bought the 4 pack (why doesn't steam let you buy multiple 4 packs? I wanted to buy like ten 4 packs) i got a popup that said "thank you for purchasing A Valley Without Wind - 4 pack". WTF I don't want that crappy game, I want a real game with space marines and dinosaurs and frenzied tactical action reminiscent of the best qualities of the best parts of older arena shooters mixed in with some more modern, refined design choices.

A Valley Without Wind is the sweet smelling pineapply garbage juice leaking out of the dumpster at work. A Valley Without Wind is the bottom of a chili pan.

Orion: Dino | Horde is gaming perfection.

r3n4ud

I bought a 4 pack of Orion: Dino | Horde, which i've been waiting for so long to go on sale, and today is like Christmas day. I think Orion: Dino | Horde might be my game of the generation.

One weird thing though--when i bought the 4 pack (why doesn't steam let you buy multiple 4 packs? I wanted to buy like ten 4 packs) i got a popup that said "thank you for purchasing A Valley Without Wind - 4 pack". WTF I don't want that crappy game, I want a real game with space marines and dinosaurs and frenzied tactical action reminiscent of the best qualities of the best parts of older arena shooters mixed in with some more modern, refined design choices.

A Valley Without Wind is the sweet smelling pineapply garbage juice leaking out of the dumpster at work. A Valley Without Wind is the bottom of a chili pan.

Orion: Dino | Horde is gaming perfect.

Are...are you high on dinosaur shit?

Cth

lol, I like how a bunch of you have posted on his profile in the last 15 mins.

He's probably confused about the sudden interest in his profile

Edit: I guess a few of those were from yesterday, but still funny

You have one friend request from "Locutus"
Accept Ignore Block

You have 0 friends in common.

EDIT:
Just started Monaco, wish I had picked it up earlier, it's awesome!

Tesseract

Banned

Orion: Dino | Horde is gaming perfection.

you had me until you dumped on the underplayed kc bbq mastering piece that is a volleyball without wand. (i actually really like it, the sequel less so)

bummer about the purchase transposition tho, you gone have to contact steam support.

Arthea

*Looking through Ikaruga screenshots in activity feed, wishing I wasn't so bad at it, so I could buy it and see all glorious madness by myself.*
But someone who can't play more than one level of Metal Slug 3 without getting mortally tired, need not apply for Ikaruga (

Copons

(I know I'm OT, and I know you don't give a damn, but please forgive me anyway!)

Almost five years ago, while I was moving to my new home, someone ransacked my garage. I was almost done with the move, and in there there were three boxes only. One containing some PC peripherals, one containing several controllers including two GameCube DK bongos and one containing a PS2 (with two memory cards plugged), an Xbox (with the Shenmue 2 disk inside) and a GameCube (with two memory cards plugged, with my Animal Crossing years-long village and a 100% completion F-Zero GX save, by far the highest accomplishment in my gaming life). They took away one box only: the one with the three consoles inside.
All the reasons my teenage lacked parties and sex and being called nerds (not really, but still, you know) were suddenly gone forever. It's an awful feeling I wouldn't wish to my worst enemy. And it was probably the very moment my mind switched from console-boxed-games to digital-delivery-all-the-way.

Today, after all this time, I installed the Dolphin emulator.

And holy mother of god, GameCube games frigging rocks even more than 10 years later! It is unbelievable, I'm speechless.

This, for those who never had the privilege of playing one of the most amazing games of all times, is F-Zero GX, from 2003:

And this, for those who never had the joy of playing one of the most amazing and ignored JRPGs of all times, is Skies of Arcadia Legends, from 2002 (but the Dreamcast version was from 2000):

I swear to god, I shed more than one tear watching its introducing cutscene. I finished it 3 times, one on DC and two on GC, and I'd buy it - and play it again! - on Steam right now at full price.

I'm sorry again for this useless post, but I'm completely overwhelmed by all the wave of feels.

Grief.exe

Dark Souls 2's Black Armor edition looks so amazing!

I wish it was available for pre-order in America...

BhRZ-mHCAAIt9gs.png:large

(I know I'm OT, and I know you don't give a damn, but please forgive me anyway!)

Emulation is apart of PC gaming and I appreciate the awesome post!

The_Monk

Grief, you just made the wait even worst!

No release date yet for PC, having to wait even after it's released because not only I'm getting a physical edition but also will have to wait due the International Shipping. Should have saved more for RE4 too but either way, I really hope it's very close to the console release!

BruteUA

You sir, are not the only one who cares. I've been waiting for this one as well. Just need more card money and I shall swoop it up.

I sincerely apologize for the oversight, and also genuinely compliment you on your excellent taste in fine gaming. May the Steam Card Gods smile upon you...........by the way, they have your girlfriend.

r3n4ud

I sincerely apologize for the oversight, and also genuinely compliment you on your excellent taste in fine gaming. May the Steam Card Gods smile upon you...........by the way, they have your girlfriend.

It's all good, she only holds me back anyways :p

Tizoc

Come on GAF, gimme them Sudeki impressions!

From my end, Ys Oath in Felhgana is on Steam right? Cuz I'm plying it on my Vita and man its freakin' awesome.
Adol effin' Christen GAF.
ADOL GETS-SHIT-DONE CHRISTEN.
This man GAF, is a true man if I ever saw one in a video game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm usually against $60 games, but that steelbook is tempting. I guess I could sell the DLC codes if necessary.

Nabs

From my end, Ys Oath in Felhgana is on Steam right? Cuz I'm plying it on my Vita and man its freakin' awesome.
ADOL GET-SHIT-DONE CHRISTEN.

Yeah, Felghana is on Steam and it's amazing. I played at some insane resolution and 60fps. Felt good!

You should grab Ys Origins during the next sale if you don't have it. I'm sure it'll play well with your DS4.

graywolf323

Gold Member
My school schedule is going to be crazy busy for the next week or so (I have three exams coming up, two of them are on the same day) and I figured that not attending to GAF would help me not be distracted as much (because believe me...you can get distracted pretty easily by being on here)

can't you still browse while banned? so it's not like it keeps you from reading on GAF which is what is the distracting part for me at least

The_Monk

I still have Dark Souls installed. I tried to remove but I can't. Not only I'm curious as to when will they remove GFWL but it's just look so good on my Installed tab.

Levyne

Banned

ADOL GET-SHIT-DONE CHRISTEN.

My man.

vermadas

Namco needs to step the fuck up and tell us when Dark Souls 2 is releasing so I can schedule my vacation days already.

Also, yes, F-Zero GX is the best GC game. I still have my copy. I really should give Dolphin a spin...

Tizoc

@ColonelColon- Oh that's interesting if true!

Yeah, Felghana is on Steam and it's amazing. I played at some insane resolution and 60fps. Felt good!

You should grab Ys Origins during the next sale if you don't have it. I'm sure it'll play well with your DS4.

I own all the Ys games got them day 1 to support XSEED ;)

...and yeah I can't see myself paying the Ys games without an analog stick especially from what I've been paying of OiF XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom