• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread |OT2|

Patryn

Unashamedly stolen from the great Shinobi:

6y3gzWh.jpg

*****WHILE UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ARE OK, MARK ALL ANDROMEDA SPOILERS UNTIL YOU HEAR OTHERWISE.*****

So plenty of threads in the past have been home to criticism after criticism of the series, and much of them devolve into bashing or making fun of Bioware. I'm hoping this can be a spot where Mass Effect fans can talk and discuss everything they love about the franchise and most importantly what they would like to see from the next gen Mass Effect that's in development, without every post trolling Bioware. Basically a laid back hangout spot for fans. Bioware gets a lot of hate spread around GAF, but there just as many who love the work they do, I among them.

Talk about your memorable Mass Effect moments, your favorite characters, romantic relationships, memories, what classes you found the best, and especially what you're hoping to see from the next Mass Effect game.

Come on in, have a seat! Talk all things you love about Mass Effect.

JOIN THE ME COMMUNITY ON DISCORD! LINK IS HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS, QUOTE THIS POST TO CHECK IT OUT!

WE'RE SO CLOSE I CAN LITERALLY TASTE IT because I've y'know gotten a taste.

In the trial.

You get the idea.

On the new news, if they're moving the release/embargo date up, that's really good. If they're moving the release up and the embargo back, that's really bad. Like really really really bad.

Mindlog

Something seems really, really off about the game's sound. This isn't just me, is it?

I'm on Xbox One, only been messing around with the game's multiplayer, so I don't know if it's an issue in single player as well.
I noticed that on a stream. The enemies weren't making enough ambient noises.
But much worse. The Krogan wasn't laughing his ass off as he was tearing through enemies. Even worse than that when he went into enrage there was no battle cry. Only an AWFUL screen effect that was worse than a Geth Soldier in Hunter Mode using Flamer.

Bubble

Neo Member
I'm quickly finishing up my school assignments before Thursday, so I can play this game as soon as it gets out. I am both excited and worried at the same time.

Patryn

WE'RE SO CLOSE I CAN LITERALLY TASTE IT because I've y'know gotten a taste.

In the trial.

You get the idea.

On the new news, if they're moving the release/embargo date up, that's really good. If they're moving the release up and the embargo back, that's really bad. Like really really really bad.

They can't be that dumb... can they?

Based on Twitter feeds, I do get the sense that the creative leads really believe that reviews will paint a different picture of the game.

Those Twitter feeds have been pretty quiet today, though. Curious if they're back to crunching to get another patch out ASAP?

Not sure how I feel about being among the top posters from the last thread, too much free time on my hands...

No regrets.

I left the thread for like over a month prior to MEA's Access Trial and I still was number 1. You just don't think about it.

whats the new embargo time for mass effect reviews?

We don't know. We just have word that it's changed.

UberLevi

Title should have been The Mass Effect Community Thread |SR-2|.

Gang, I don't post here a lot but I'm so excited for Andromeda. Hope to discuss some new and interesting topics with you guys once this game comes out.

Despite animation issues (which are issues), I'm super excited to jump into Andromeda on Monday with the help of a VPN; combat as a
Scrapper
/Vanguard is just so good.

Title should have been The Mass Effect Community Thread |SR-2|.

Oh that would have been good.

So I distinctly remember watching Interstellar and hoping that some of that movie would influence this game. Any hints of that. I need big wave planet!

So I distinctly remember watching Interstellar and hoping that some of that movie would influence this game. Any hints of that. I need big wave planet!

One direct influence I have seen is that there is a (subtle) gravitational lensing effect on the black hole in Andromeda, I give that as an influence from Interstellar. That movie seemed to introduce the concept of gravitation lensing to the masses (and hell, it was the first accurate visualization of the effect).

As for other influences, hard to say yet.

Woo!

I still have ~5 hours on my trial... but I think I'm good. I got to the Tempest, and I'm planning on re-starting on launch for some reason, so I think I'm fine.

Originally I was planning on spending all my trial time in the CC, fine tuning my perfect Ryder face... but that was a bust.

I've been good and avoided story spoilers outside of what I played in the 10 hour trial, so unless streamers are just playing multiplayer this weekend I think the trial has tied me over until Monday night.

Edit: The review embargo was changed? Earlier date or just time?

Patryn

I've been good and avoided story spoilers outside of what I played in the 10 hour trial, so unless streamers are just playing multiplayer this weekend I think the trial has tied me over until Monday night.

Edit: The review embargo was changed? Earlier date or just time?

Looks like streamers can stream whatever starting tomorrow.

So if you're worried about spoilers, avoid any streams after today.

Just streamer embargo then? Reviews still Monday?

We don't know.

Bombless

Continuing from the other thread, I also had the sound issue in multiplayer. There was no direction for the sound, it was super confusing. I would hear the fighting in all directions, leaving me often looking for the enemy in the wrong direction because I had no one in line of sight. Coupled with the maps being new it made for a very frustrating experience.

It's obviously a bug, I hope the quash it soon.

Continuing from the other thread, I also had the sound issue in multiplayer. There was no direction for the sound, it was super confusing. I would hear the fighting in all directions, leaving me often looking for the enemy in the wrong direction because I had no one in line of sight. Coupled with the maps being new it made for a very frustrating experience.

I didn't have that issue, I think.

Patryn

Good news (re: your bug):

Mike Gamble said:

Top Bottom