• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) |OT| Stealthily Adventuring onto PSN

Rarutos

bYnGdrV.png

[Release Data]

Platform: Playstation Vita (Digital Only)
Publisher: Tecmo-Koei
Localization: NIS America
File Size: 2922 MB
Genre: RPG
Release Date (NA): March 19, 2013
Release Date (EU/AUS): March 20, 2013
NA PSN Store Page Here!
EU PSN Store Page Here!

Quick and Dirty OT! Since the game is essentially the same as the PS3 version, here is the PS3 Version's OT!

[Plus what, exactly?]

PS3 DLC! All the DLC that you had to buy with the PS3 version should be included. Meaning the DLC Characters, Ceci, Cordelia, and Iksel should already be in the game! Good time to check out the characters if you never bought them on the PS3 version. Also there is the BGM DLC which allows you to switch the BGM for the workshops, for battle, and for boss fights with songs from previous games in the Atelier series or older Gust games (that aren't Ar tonelico) outside the series!

New costumes! New costumes, such as a Devil Bikini and the Angel Swimsuit for Totori are available as DLC, and you can get them for free if you purchase the game on PSN before April 12th. There are also several others in game, such as a maid costume that you can seemingly synthesize...

Accessories! Totori can now wear accessories such as glasses!

New Dungeon! Orthogalaxen, one of the final dungeons from Atelier Rorona makes an appearance in Atelier Totori Plus! Loaded with two new difficult bosses, new recipes, and materials!

New Illustration Section! You can now view some of Kishida Mel's Atelier Totori artwork under "Event Stills" in the Extras section.

Japanese Voices! Not a new feature but considering the whole Ayesha voice fiasco, I figured people would like to know Japanese voices are indeed, included!

---

Credits: Gunloc for pointing out that the DLC costumes are free with purchase until April 12th, Varion for info on Orthogalaxen!

Durante

That was quick, good job on it too considering the short notice. Totori is my favourite in the Arland Trilogy so I'll probably jump in on this sooner or later.

Lockon

Still haven't platinum'd Ayesha yet! Only have to do NG+. Will buy Totori+ later after that and Neptunia V.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
How many games come out without any promotion, or even acknowledgement that it is even being localized?
Amazing.

macklelol

Damn, just platinum'd Ayesha like an hour ago, and this happens? Really enjoyed Totori on the PS3, so I'll definitely be getting this.

zoku88

The game is out. Bet you didn't expect that!

It's a totally new marketing paradigm being explored by Tecmo-Koei US. The keywords are "stealth", "surprise" and "whatthefuckamidoing".

I remember thinking that nothing would change under TK.

Man, I should slap my past self.

Volcynika

The game is out. Bet you didn't expect that!

It's a totally new marketing paradigm being explored by Tecmo-Koei US. The keywords are "stealth", "surprise" and "whatthefuckamidoing".

We may disagree on things, but you are my favorite sometimes.

The DLC costumes are in the game, the PSN update says if you buy the game before April 16th you get the ‘Angel Swimsuit’ and ‘Devil Bikini’ for free.

I wish I had a Vita so I can put in too many more hours into a video game again. Also god damn Tecmo, I didn't even know Totori+ was being released here.

Diebuster

I find it utterly bizarre how something like this can even happen. Ah well, I may consider getting this as my first foray into the series later down the line.

zulux21

I'm not a huge fan of RPGs, but I've been enjoying Persona because of the characters and story. Is this similar?

they are very different games, personally I play the atelier series when I want something JRPG like but that doesn't feel like a jrpg.

totori focuses mostly on character interactions instead of a big overall story (there sorta is one but there isn't a ton to it until the very end of the game)

If you enjoy item creation stuff in RPGs though this game would likely be quite interesting as a lot of the game is gathering materials to make items with the very in depth item creation system.

I'm not a huge fan of RPGs, but I've been enjoying Persona because of the characters and story. Is this similar?
I've only played Rorona a bit so my opinion my not matter. I was introduced to this series by people who liked Persona a couple years back and gave it a shot. The music, crafting, and the character interactions are great. However, I can't comment on the story since I never made it that far. However, if you're looking for something similiar to Persona 4 like social links or its gameplay(gameplay is really simple in Rorona), it's probably best to stay away. Character interactions and playing with the craft system? Then get it.

Top Bottom