• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

ryushe

"Pit, we must stop Magnus* from joining with the Reapers.
He's located in Reaper Valley.
"

*Magnus is also Saren in ME1.
UprisingRockHard.jpg

/uprising

Teknoman

Stars are damage compared to other weapons of that same type, value also counts all those little sweet bonus effects.

So you can have a 280 value weapon that does shit damage but has a bunch of crazy effects

So basically just go with a favorite weapon type(s) for style of damage, then go for high star ratings/nice mix of bonuses.

Bullza2o

Anybody up for multiplayer? I'm sitting in a room...alone...

EDIT:

Sorijealut and I are sitting in a room. We'd love to have more people come!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Picked this up today. The AR cards are smaller than I'd expected. I got:
-Pit
-Palutena
-Dark Pit
-Gaol
-Monoeye
-Ore Club

The game's packaging is nice, and I'm glad they did alternate boxart so that stuff appears in the plastic holes in the case.

I can't really see 3D very well in a lot of other games, but the intro movie seems like it's really darn nice with full 3D on. It's incredibly stunning. I like the art as well. The music is great so far. And the tutorials are handled appropriately, imo.

The game already seems like it's going to be a barrel of fun. The controls might take a little getting used to, but I picked an option that sorta reminded me of the Type-0 controls from the demo (don't take this as indicative of that game's controls, but it's the only game I can probably compare it to at the moment).

So far so good outside of getting used to controls. Trying to get used to strafing.

Jintor

Is there anything with a constant beam rapid fire that lasts as long as the beam claws? Definitely my favourite weapon thus far, just trying to fuse true to fill one with bonuses.

Busaiku

Is there anything with a constant beam rapid fire that lasts as long as the beam claws? Definitely my favourite weapon thus far, just trying to fuse true to fill one with bonuses.

I dunno how long Beam Claws lasts, but Ninja Palms last a decent amount.

branny

Picked this up today.
I hope you love it! It's grown on me so much in such a short span of time. It reminds me of all the fun I used to have with Phantom Dust. The production values are insane, and it's overflowing with content. The controls take some getting used to, but everything should click if you can get over the hump. Hands will probably still hurt, though, haha. :(

bumpkin

Finished the first two chapters. All I can say is:

bZudo.jpg
This x1000. I too just finished chapter 2 this evening, and I am genuinely impressed and entertained. Hate to say it, but I actually smiled during the flight portion of chapter 2; SO GOOD!

I am however a little stuck/stumped with the A.R. cards. Try as I might, I can't get it to recognize 'em and activate. I'm not sure if it's a matter of lighting or the surface though. This is probably going to sound really dumb, but is there any trick to it?

My copy just arrived today. I don't really know much about this game's extra features. Cards I got:

- Pit
- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Three-Headed Hewdraw
- Standard Orbitars
- Monoeye

.. I dunno, any good ones there? Eager to start the game.

SmithnCo

Re: Medusa makeover:
not entirely true lol

Yep, haha.

Anyway, I just beat the game. That was more than a worthy revival of the series. Hope to see it continue. I don't know how they'd outdo themselves though, this game has such a large sprawling story.

Also,
Hades treasure hunt. Good lord there is a lot to unlock in this game.

TDLink

So now that we know that
Intensity 10.0 unlocks when you beat every chapter on 9.0 we obviously need to find out what happens when you beat every chapter on 10.0.
This game seems to have infinite unlockables.

Finished the campaign this afternoon. Loved it to pieces -- wildly charming story and writing, exhilaratingly paced gameplay, endless customization -- I can't praise it enough. When a game can strip away my desire to look at it from a design/critical perspective and instead make me look on in child-eyed wonder (not to mention change my NeoGAF avatar, of all things), I know it's completely won me over. I had no idea this would become one of my favorite Nintendo games in the span of what, three days? So good. I very much look forward to future explorations of the KI-verse, as well as the next Smash Brothers installments!

Speaking of which, the whole time I was playing I was thinking about who from Uprising should be in the next Smash Brothers! In terms of character design, personality and fighting style I really liked
Arlon and Phosphora, even though their roles in the story were both woefully small.
Unfortunately, a lot of the characters aside from say, Palutena (who I wouldn't mind) -- as cool as they may have been -- were lacking in either relevance to the story (i.e.
the aforementioned two
) or displayed battle prowess (i.e.
Viridi
). And while the Smash team can compensate for the latter, the former is most definitely an obstacle.

kunonabi

tracking updates say I should get the game on Wednesday. A little late considering I did 2-day shipping but Amazon price-matched the best buy sale so I'm not going to complain.

All these positive impressions are killing me.

Spoilers for final chapter:

Does anyone know why Medusa helps Pit and betrays Hades, exactly? I know she was tired of being a puppet, but she didn't seem to mind all that much at the beginning of the game.

Did she just not want Hades consuming all of existence or something? :p

Spoilers for final chapter:

Does anyone know why Medusa helps Pit and betrays Hades, exactly? I know she was tired of being a puppet, but she didn't seem to mind all that much at the beginning of the game.

Did she just not want Hades consuming all of existence or something? :p

She didn't know she was a puppet at the beginning of the game. In chapter 9 she keeps talking about how there's something wrong with her memories.

Top Bottom